• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2014/2015 nfl thread v. R U RDY 4 SUM FOOTBAW?

So the special teams coach is gone.. this is good cause he certainly was not special in any desirable way.. pretty sure he was McCarthys brother and law.

Looks like we are still going to have Dom Capers. this does not send orgasmic waves of joy through me rather a vomitus sensation.

Picking up a few other coaches..

GREEN BAY, Wis. – Although the Green Bay Packers are adding another coach with defensive ties in former Oklahoma assistant Jerry Montgomery, it does not appear that he will replace any of the team's current assistants.

According to a source familiar with the Packers' coaching staff, all of the defensive assistant coaches and coordinator Dom Capers are expected to return for the 2015 season.

Given that Montgomery's area of concentration with Oklahoma was on the defensive line, he could assist defensive line coach Mike Trgovac. The Packers have not employed an assistant defensive line coach but do have assistants to other position coaches. Most of the Packers' defensive assistants have been together since Capers was hired as coordinator in 2009.

McCarthy is still finalizing contracts with all of his coaches. No announcements on any new hires or new duties will be made until those deals have been completed.

It appears most of the major restructuring will come on the offensive and special teams staffs. McCarthy is considering giving up play-calling duties. He also will have a new special teams coordinator after he fired Shawn Slocum last month.

The staff configurations could be announced by the end of this week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/18518/packers-defensive-staff-to-remain-intact

At least things are getting shaken up.. a much needed thing.

Actually he could kill someone and drink the stem cells from live fetuses as a performance enhancer off the field for all I care, as long as he doesn't get caught.
right. because cheating is only an problem when certain other teams do it :)

alasdair

When that team wins* the Superbowl? Yeah I'd say.

It's not my fault your team screwed themselves and tainted their success with getting caught in two cheating scandals.

one cheating scandal - the air kind of went out of the 'deflategate' scandal :)

and the signal-taping issue gets filed under gm's "it's not a problem if you don't get caught"

roll on next season!

alasdair

As an eagles fan I was a little shocked but after taking a minute to digest it I feel its a good trade. RBs are a dime a dozen in the NFL and we desperately needed help on defence so this makes sense. Also gives us almost 6.5 million more in cap room to work with. I've said this a lot but in chip I trust.

Good RBs may be a dime a dozen in the NFL but great RBs aren't. McCoy is arguably the most dynamic RB in the league and he's the #1 RB over the past 5 years. ESPN named him a top 5 player on their "Top 100" list for 2014 out of all positions, not just RB.

This only makes sense for the Bills if they now plan to break the bank in FA on the offensive line. I'm expecting them to go after OGs Mike Iupati or Orlando Franklin, OTs Doug Free or Brian Bulaga, and one of the best run-blocking TEs in the game in Jermaine Gresham. That would give them one of the best Olines in the league because all those guys are some of the best in the league. McCoy behind a line like that would be insane.

If they do that it tells me one thing: The Bills are looking to become a Superbowl contender right now, instead of waiting to get a QB. I think they're going to attempt to create one of the best defenses in the league+one of the best Olines/run games in the league so it doesn't matter who the QB is. And I have no idea if it'll work.

Wow Eagles just got one of the best defensive players in the league. Huge steal for philly

McCoy has what.. 2 maybe 3 good years left in him? Kiko has about 10 good years left

And finally we actually have some trades in the NFL. Makes the league way more interesting imo

I loved Kiko as much as anyone but saying that someone that had a really good rookie season and then missed his entire second season with his second torn ACL is "one of the best defensive players in the league" is stretching it. A lot.

Hell yeah he had a good rookie season. 159 tackles, I'll take that guy on my team any day lol

There will be plenty of good RB's in this years draft too that philly will be able to get

An analyst on ESPN just made a good point. That this seems to be a tale of 2 coaches' egos.

That Chip Kelly obviously thinks he can plug anyone in at RB and still be successful and that Rex Ryan obviously thinks he can plug anyone in at LB and still be successful.

In their minds, it's win/win for both teams. And it very well might be. They're in separate conferences so neither strengthened a conf. opponent, the Eagles still have some good RBs, and the Bills defense was top 5 last season without Alonso.

as a football fan - Coach McCarthy pisses me off. this guy has the metaphorical equivalent to a 1964 Pontiac GTO Tri Power with Aaron Rodgers at the helm, yet he calls plays like he is going 55 mph on the highway. seriously. grow some balls and take a shot or two. most teams don't have your luxury of a world class signal-caller

Well said.. couldn't agree more. I think Mike may be a little OC.

How Many Days Until Football

How about some converts for the NHL? Playoffs start in a few weeks lots of close wild card races going on....great time to get into the game before playoffs start

^ mine too.

mccoy sucked on my fantasy team this year. hope he does better for you, gm.

alasdair

How about some converts for the NHL? Playoffs start in a few weeks lots of close wild card races going on....great time to get into the game before playoffs start

CFL-Logo-CFL-website-Football-Logo-Oct-16-2011.jpg

Did the league presidents kindergartner design this logo?

Dont get me started on the CFL, I'll say this bigger balls dont result in better plays. Hockey is Canada's true sport even if our football league is twice as old as yours it hasnt improved with age.

I played hockey for many years.. even played full contact up until I was 27. Never could get into watching it on TV.. live hell yeah.. tv just never did it for me.

Edit: I heard pond hockey is really picking up steam in the US again. You guys still play any of that up there still. Im going to get back into it I think.