• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2013/2014 nfl thread v. in a snowglobe in a dollar store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt mind watching Welker have a career game v the Patsies this weekend. Dink n dunk that ball, Broncs!

And axl, its easy to brag when your team plays in a weak division year in and year out. NE has been a good team for a long time now but let's not kid ourselves. The ineptness of management in NY, Buffalo and Miami have a hand in NE's dominance. With the exception of Cleveland, Jax and Oakland, nearly all the other AFC divisions have different teams succeeding as of late which parity should bring about but there is no remedy for bad management, right Jerry Jones? :p

One more thing axl, did you know A Brown was 2nd in NFL rec yards (J Gordon was first) this season?? I knew he was 1st or 2nd in receptions but didnt realize his yardage was so good.

Last edited:
such confidence.. I cant belive you typed this.. it better be sarcasm from the srcasticOne.. wow or I'm going garage saleing, looking for biographies of figure skating greats for you to read under an electric blanket.. that wont cause you any uncomfortable dread SO<3
Well I'm a realist, not a blind idiot. No one wants to play the patriots, really. Although there is something to be said about going up against greatness, and succeeding. I guess I'm dreading it because my aunt is such a die hard Tom Brady fan (she went to Michigan) and everyone else around me are New England fans. So if Denver loses, it's all I'll hear about for weeks. That's what I dread.

I think that Denver can beat the patriots, but our defense has to create some turnovers and stops on 3rd down. We have to stop the run. I also would disagree with referring if we win the toss, because having to play from behind against Tom Brady isn't cool. Puts too much on the offense, and I think Peyton makes mistakes under pressure.

I will say, that I think we have a better chance against either NFC team in the Super Bowl, than we do against the patriots. And if Denver loses, I hope that New England plays Seattle, and Richard Sherman and the faggot Pete Carroll get beat the fuck down. It would almost be a road game for the Seahawks, and would be quite interesting.

I wish the 49ers got to play the pats this week..... There is 0 chance they would run the ball on us and Brady hasnt excatly been tearing it up recently.

Neither AFC team is really that scary though IMO.

Well I'm <possibly a pessimist on this>, not a blind idiot. No one wants to play the patriots, really. Although there is something to be said about going up against greatness, and succeeding. I guess I'm dreading it because my aunt is such a die hard Tom Brady fan (she went to Michigan) and everyone else around me are New England fans. So if Denver loses, it's all I'll hear about for weeks. That's what I dread.

I think that Denver can beat the patriots, but our defense has to create some turnovers and stops on 3rd down. We have to stop the run. I also would disagree with referring if we win the toss, because having to play from behind against Tom Brady isn't cool. Puts too much on the offense, and I think Peyton makes mistakes under pressure.

I will say, that I think we have a better chance against either NFC team in the Super Bowl, than we do against the patriots. And if Denver loses, I hope that New England plays Seattle, and Richard Sherman and the faggot Pete Carroll get beat the fuck down. It would almost be a road game for the Seahawks, and would be quite interesting.

NFL Point Spreads AFC & NFC Conference Championship Playoff Games - NFL Football Point Spread.
Title Game Playoffs, NFL Spreads 1/19, 2014
Date & Time Favorite Spread Underdog
1/19 3:00 ET At Denver -4.5 New England
1/19 6:30 ET At Seattle -3.5 San Francisco

I know spreads aren't all that but you guys are favored by 4.5 points. I think denvers got a great chance. and invesco at mile high gets a rocken so there is another advantage as well. I'm pulling for denver to go the distance.. but I think the seachickens could take it this year.

Last edited:
One more thing axl, did you know A Brown was 2nd in NFL rec yards (J Gordon was first) this season?? I knew he was 1st or 2nd in receptions but didnt realize his yardage was so good.

god dammit, yeah, I meant to type Antonio Brown instead of Emmanuel Sanders up there (LOL). for some reason, I always get those two confused...

Are you crazy? Maybe not THAT scary, but definitely scary. You're going up against either Peyton manning, with one Super Bowl Winamp been there twice, or Tom Brady, who has three sb wins and has been there five times. The only thing scary about San Fran is frank gore and sometimes kaepernick IMO.

lol. nice bluster.

patriots and broncos against the nfc this season: a combined 7-1 outscoring their opponents 292-189.

so you say, yeah, but they didn't have to play sf or seattle? it's hard to compare, but sf won against some pretty weak afc opposition (houston, tennessee and jacksonville). seattle likewise. however, sf lost to indianapolis. seattle likewise.

we'll see what happens.

alasdair

Are you crazy? Maybe not THAT scary, but definitely scary. You're going up against either Peyton manning, with one Super Bowl Winamp been there twice, or Tom Brady, who has three sb wins and has been there five times. The only thing scary about San Fran is frank gore and sometimes kaepernick IMO.

That defense

Weird.

I think NE has a better chance of winning in Denver, than sf does in Seattle.

Theyre good QB's but their supporting cast isnt exactly stellar. Who did they beat to get there? The colts and the chargers? Forgive me for not being impressed.

IMO the winner of the NFCCG takes the SB this year, the broncos could maybe win, but IMO if the pats meet either the 9ers or the hawks in the sb its going to be a rough ride.

Call it bluster if you want but I dont think the pats/broncs are nearly as complete teams this year. As for the rest of the AFC, im pretty sure the 49ers would smash any of them right now. Our only AFC loss this year was to the colts after we got our asses kicked in seattle, not sure what happened there (I was backapcking so I missed the game) but the colts played up to competition well this year.

The NFC just has more strong teams right now IMO. I think the eagles, panthers, packers, 49ers sea hawks are all dangerous teams. Its really not even the whole NFC that is good IMO, just he west and south. The broncos and pats are really the only teams in the AFC that put fear into anybody.

so when the colts are beating you they're a challenge but when they're getting beat by the patriots, they're unimpressive?

you're starting to sound like dwe...

alasdair

so when the colts are beating you they're a challenge but when they're getting beat by the patriots, they're unimpressive?

alasdair

Im more talking about how the teams have looked recently. The colts havent exactly been tearing it up in the 2nd half of the year like they were in the first 8 or so games.

The 49ers got off to a rough start, but theyve been rather unstoppbale recently.

And did you really just compare me to DWE??? Be quiet you jaded old man.

alasdair

Im more talking about how the teams have looked recently. The colts havent exactly been tearing it up in the 2nd half of the year like they were in the first 8 or so games.

The 49ers got off to a rough start, but theyve been rather unstoppbale recently.

And did you really just compare me to DWE??? Thats low. Be quiet you jaded old man.

the thing is care ,anything can happen in the playoffs.

SF might just choke.

denver might slaughter NE

its the most wonderful time of the year

the thing is care ,anything can happen in the playoffs.

SF might just choke.

denver might slaughter NE

its the most wonderful time of the year

Choke? If the niners lose I wont consider it a choke, the shehawks are legit.

And yes it is the most wonderful time of the year, I cant wait for sunday.

What do you guys think about all of the controversy about Kap and his antics mocking Newton and dressing all wierd in his post game interviews? I find it hilarious, but then again im not exactly objective.

No, Steve "Young" had more class than that.

But I hate cam newton so I think it's funny. Fucking showboating faggot.

What do you guys think about all of the controversy about Kap and his antics mocking Newton and dressing all wierd in his post game interviews?
he's putting his own ego before the team. i think it just makes him look pretty immature.

i expect this is one of these things where many sf fans think it's absolutely hilarious but if somebody on a rival team was doing it, they'd be incensed. a lot of sports fans are hypocritical that way.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.