• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2012/2013 NFL Thread v. Brady dont need no money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nnamdi Asomugha to the 49ers for 1.35 million, no money guaranteed........ I love our front office so much.

Ya'll can have your 15 million dollar signings, the great teams in the NFL build through the draft and use free agency to find cheap diamonds in the rough. Outside of guys like Peyton Manning I cant remember the last big name free agent that exceeded expectations in the NFL.

would have been better off with DRC probably

id agree with mike, although he is a pretty cool guy.

I guess he would be like the 3rd cb on the niners?

thats a good spot for him

He was a beast in Oakland when he played man coverage and garbage in philly in the zone. If he has anything left Vic Fangio is a great DQ and will figure out how to use him. THere is also the possibility that he will be converted back to a FS, which the 49ers are in need of. Either way he gets no money if he doesnt make the team and has an extremely high upside. Win/Win.

The 49ers have rodgers, brown, culliver and nnamdi now, all decends CB's which is about as many as you need in the NFl these days.

At this point all the 49ers really need is FS, DL and maybe a wide out and a new center. Should be easy enough to put that together with their record number of draft picks this year. I wouldnt be surprised if they package a bunch of low picks to move up in the first round and get a stud or two.

Am I allowed to reference Vegas odds here?
Anyway, odds for the superbowl-

Arizona Cardinals
+10000

Atlanta Falcons
+1600

Baltimore Ravens
+2200

Buffalo Bills
+12500

Carolina Panthers
+5000

Chicago Bears
+4000

Cincinnati Bengals
+4000

Cleveland Browns
+7500

Dallas Cowboys
+3000

Denver Broncos=D
+600

Detroit Lions
+6000

Green Bay Packers
+1200

Houston Texans
+2000

Indianapolis Colts
+5000

Jacksonville Jaguars
+20000

Kansas City Chiefs
+7000

Miami Dolphins
+5000

Minnesota Vikings
+5000

New England Patriots
+600

New Orleans Saints
+1800

New York Giants
+2500

New York Jets
+5000

Oakland Raiders:p
+20000

Philadelphia Eagles
+5000

Pittsburgh Steelers
+2000

San Diego Chargers
+6000

San Francisco 49ers
+650

Seattle Seahawks
+900

St Louis Rams
+7500

Tampa Bay Buccanneers
+7500

Tennessee Titans
+11000

Washington Redskins
+3000

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course you're allowed lol.

But I think ratio odds that are in order from strongest to weakest are easier to read.

Damn who did Jerry Jones blow to get those odds I think the Cowboys are gonna be pretty shitty this year

damn vegas has rams as a bottom 10 team

vegas is the only person I trust when it comes to sports, they know it more than anybody

I think I might throw down 20 on the rams at +7500

the $1500 would just be the cherry on top

they have seattle at +900, I would put them at +3000, would not be surprised if they missed the playoffs, cause injuries and pete carroll

pete carroll who got them to the playoffs last season? that pete carroll?

alasdair

Pete Carrol that squandered those easy field goals in the first half against the falcons that would have ben the difference in the game.

Yea that Pete Carrol.

still think that fisher is the best coach in the nfc west, he took his team to the super bowl(all the key players were ones that he drafted), was always competitive, and somehow coached vince young to success...in Nashville he had to deal with an asshole owner who bullied fisher/GM into making decisions

experience is money

i'll give harbaugh his props after 75% of his starting team is players drafted during his regime and they have an 11+ win season

next year will be fisher's 2nd year and the only starters that weren't drafted by or brought in thru FA are Bradford, roger saffold(if willing to move to RT or LG), chris long, Robert Quinn, and james laurenitis....you can count Austin pettis (at best, 3rd WR on depth chart) and lance kendricks(2nd TE on depth, should play a lot though)....darian stewart MIGHT get a shot at starting safety

^ Harbaugh has done nothing but turn down and out teams into powerhouses. He has never had anything close to a losing season since he started coaching. Youve stated you dont like harbs in the past so ill take your works with a grain of salt because any objective observer has Jim harbaugh as one of the top, if not the top coach in the league.

Just because the 49ers had good players before harbaugh came along doesnt make his accomplishment any less noteworthy. Many other NFL teams have very good rosters but never pull it together like the 49ers have over the past couple years.

^ Perfect example being the Carolina Panthers and the Philadelphia Eagles

talk about underachieving talent.

^ Harbaugh has done nothing but turn down and out teams into powerhouses.

yes, great football coach

I think the most impressive thing he's done in his career is his work at Stanford

by 'props', I meant I won't admit harbaugh is a better NFL coach than fisher, until he does the 11+ win season, using mostly players that he brought into the league/team

if the Eagles dont get decimated on the O line I think McCoy will be the best fantasy back this year. He had a down year for him last year but the line was more or less guys in street clothes stepping in so hopefully next season will actually be fun to watch.

Question for everyone: Who wins more games in the first season of seperation? Chip Kelly and the Eagles or Andy Reid and the Chiefs?

Im gonna say the Chiefs but I see both finishing under .500

speaking of predicting records, next year i'm going to start a thread and everyone guesses all the team's final record, if you guess right, 10 points, deduct 1 pt for every game you were off
Question for everyone: Who wins more games in the first season of seperation? Chip Kelly and the Eagles or Andy Reid and the Chiefs?
i'm going to say chiefs finish at 7-9, there is definitely talent there and they have signed some key FAs and have #1 over all pick...and get to two times play Oakland(dennis allen doesn't even last till the end of the season....) and a charger team who also has a new coach(formerly was broncos O.C.)

now i'm looking at KC's oppenents next year, and 9-7 is def a possibility
reid gets to coach against all of the NFC east teams he's so familiar with
Home Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, N.Y. Giants,
Cleveland
Away Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia,
Washington, Buffalo
KC @ philly will be Monday night, early in the season, at the latest week 4

as for philly i'm thinking they go 6-10, just way too much rebuilding going on to have a great season, was able to ditch overpaid scrubs and made some good moves in FA, I think chip Kelly will figure it out by year two and expect them to be nfc east championship contenders

eagles were always my 2nd most hated team, but for once i'm pulling for them, cause they are no longer the threat they used to be, i like chip Kelly, and the asshole eagle fans I used to know are finally no longer in my life lol

seems like everyone doubts chip as a head coach, he's not coaching the jags, the eagles are a pretty well run organization

I have no idea why people think he's going to run the same offense he did in Oregon, surely it will influence him, but the guy will adapt a new system more fitted for nfl, no doubt

Last edited:
but i cant root for michael vick.
cause he's ex-falcon or the dogs?

I kind of root for him, the fact he spent hard time and was able to make a comeback in the league is pretty fucking inspiring

people need to get over the dog thing, it's not like he was going around town kidnapping children's pets and murdering them

the dog he killed were dogs that would have been threats to society and would have been put down by the gov't if they had been released from bad news kennels or w/e it was called

cause he's ex-falcon or the dogs?
the dog he killed were dogs that would have been threats to society and would have been put down by the gov't if they had been released from bad news kennels or w/e it was called

both.
and for the last part it would have been better if they were simply put down instead of tortured. and idk maybe i need to learn to be more forgiving but doing something like that is something i wont forgive anyone for ever. if you do something like that you're a shitty person and will always be a shitty person.

Status
Not open for further replies.