• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Thailand considering legalising CRYSTAL METH as ruling junta's general admits the wor

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Thailand considering legalising CRYSTAL METH as ruling junta's general admits the world has lost the war on drugs
june 20 2016

Thailand is considering legalising meth as the country's justice minister admits they have lost the war on drugs.

Paiboon Koomchaya suggested the highly addictive methamphetamine, known as ya ba in Thailand, should be taken off the dangerous drugs list because it is 'less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes'.

It signals an about turn in policy for the country's military junta, which has previously favoured a zero-tolerance policy, with harsh jail sentences.

But speaking on Wednesday, Koomchaya said the current approach was not working, the Bangkok Post reported.

'The world has now surrendered to drugs, and has come to think of how to live with drugs,' he said.

'It is like a man suffering from cancer and having no cure and he has to live a happy life with the cancer.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dmits-world-lost-war-drugs.html#ixzz4C8X1ObGG

Indeed. That is amazing. Maybe it will change other leaders minds....well hopefully.

Wow indeed. Aussie government must be going Noooo! We must get a shit load of ice here from Thailand and the places close to it.

I remember hearing that most of the ice in australia is not made in country anymore, but imported as either precursors or more often finished product from asia. I guess it is kind of how mexican superlabs took over the creation of meth from biker gangs and home cooks in the states.

I remember hearing that most of the ice in australia is not made in country anymore, but imported as either precursors or more often finished product from asia. I guess it is kind of how mexican superlabs took over the creation of meth from biker gangs and home cooks in the states.
Most of it comes from China in oz. Thailand is supplied by Burma.

Yeah but 'yaba' isn't exactly crystal meth - more of a meth bomb, no? Hated getting meth bombs back in the day.

it's a methamphetamine and caffeine pill. So it is like our meth bombs except that is what it is supposed to be, they get crystal meth as well.

Ya ba is meth and caffeine in a pill. It is mainly used by the poor in Thailand. The more affluent Thais and the bargirls etc use ice.

They choose to legalize Methamphetamine of all things? You would think in a traditional Poppy growing area, where people have used Opium products for centuries, both recreationally and as medicine, Opiates would be the first on the list. I also feel, just as a matter of personal opinion, that Heroin and Opiates are capable of less physical and social harm than Methamphetamine.

He seems to be speaking about drugs in general, it is the daily mail that keeps steering focus to methamphetamine. Sensationalist article really- I guess 'Someone believes that drug policy should be reconsidered' isn't attention grabbing enough to be regarded as headline material.

He seems to be speaking about drugs in general, it is the daily mail that keeps steering focus to methamphetamine. Sensationalist article really- I guess 'Someone believes that drug policy should be reconsidered' isn't attention grabbing enough to be regarded as headline material.

The way crystal meth is written in capital letters, I tend to agree with this explanation.

I thought that was just how it was spelled....METHAMPHETAMINE!!!. The author forgot the exclamation points though.

They choose to legalize Methamphetamine of all things? You would think in a traditional Poppy growing area, where people have used Opium products for centuries, both recreationally and as medicine, Opiates would be the first on the list. I also feel, just as a matter of personal opinion, that Heroin and Opiates are capable of less physical and social harm than Methamphetamine.

Maybe it aided his libido.

you would think they would test the waters by legalizing something like kratom.

wow, legal meth lol....once this gets spread to more news channel and bus stations theres going to be tweakers packing their bags and heading for thailand lol...they will have carboard signs that read "please help. trying to fly to thailand to get legal meth. wont kill you"

honestly places that grow opium should legalize the opium latex. once its refined into heroin i get not having that legal bc theres too much $ in it being illegal, but for the farmers and stuff, they would be able to make more money, people would be able to smoke for pain who cant afford to see a dr or get pain meds. too bad the majority of the drug laws over there are savage..as you can read. id llove to know why indonesia elected that joko guy, man eating crocs, killer phriannas, sharks with laser beams on their heads...its hilariously stupid.

wow, legal meth lol....once this gets spread to more news channel and bus stations theres going to be tweakers packing their bags and heading for thailand lol...they will have carboard signs that read "please help. trying to fly to thailand to get legal meth. wont kill you"

"Faces of Meth... on a plane!"

Shirley you can't be serious?!

honestly places that grow opium should legalize the opium latex. once its refined into heroin i get not having that legal bc theres too much $ in it being illegal, but for the farmers and stuff, they would be able to make more money, people would be able to smoke for pain who cant afford to see a dr or get pain meds. too bad the majority of the drug laws over there are savage..as you can read. id llove to know why indonesia elected that joko guy, man eating crocs, killer phriannas, sharks with laser beams on their heads...its hilariously stupid.

Agreed. No one deserves to have their freedom taken away from them in the form of jail and/or prison because they happened to be in possession of Papaver Somniferum - a fucking flower.