Bugs Temporary Bans and violations of terms

Mr. Krinkle

Bluelighter
So im thinking to myself every time i see somebody with a Temporary Ban tag, i wonder what happened....im sure whatever it is, im gonna laugh about it

can we have like a public court where we discuss violations for a ban? or maybe just send me a daily report to review? can i be on the banning panel? i think my vote should count on bannings

So im thinking to myself every time i see somebody with a Temporary Ban tag, i wonder what happened

They either received enough points to trigger a ban or they were issued a temporary ban directly. Usually it's the former.

can we have like a public court where we discuss violations for a ban?

No. You've already agreed to the rules when you registered your account.

be on the banning panel?

There is no banning panel.

i think my vote should count on bannings

No one votes to ban anyone.

Well, now we know all we need to know about how moderators operate and who are their most unruly subjects. No wonder people get banned and receive points. If you said IRL what you say on here, most would be on their ass, on the ground, spitting their teeth out.

Well, now we know all we need to know about how moderators operate

It's just a straightforward interpretation of the rules which themselves are pretty straightforward. Generally points are assigned hesitantly -- you'd be surprised how much thought, discussion and consensus goes into some of these spankings

Back in the wild west days of bluelight when I first started moderating here (I was in 10th grade when a moderator by the name of Phreex recruited me to moderate 🤯) justice was a bit more loosely dispensed 🤺

It's just a straightforward interpretation of the rules which themselves are pretty straightforward. Generally points are assigned hesitantly -- you'd be surprised how much thought, discussion and consensus goes into some of these spankings

Back in the wild west days of bluelight when I first started moderating here (I was in 10th grade when a moderator by the name of Phreex recruited me to moderate 🤯) justice was a bit more loosely dispensed 🤺

I'm not surprised that things were a bit 'wild west' if they were recruiting 10th graders. No offense, but I wouldn't trust a 10th grader to wipe his arse properly, nevermind moderate a forum... 😀

This.

We value keeping people around more than infracting and banning. There's really only a few things which are no shades between infracted and / or banned on. We're generally pretty considerate of people and their issues no matter what they are. There's a strong undercurrent of acceptance here. People bicker and get into problems all the time, and it can look like a shitshow sometimes.. but consider the demographics here. A lot of people here have a lot of problems, including a lot of staff. If we couldn't resonate with the board, it wouldn't exist or function as it does today.

I agree. Haven't been here too long but I know that you have to be extremely out of line to be " talked to ". I think you all do a great job ( and no I am not kissing any ass ) . Judging what constitutes going off the rails has to be hard. With posters under the influence of drugs or alcohol has to be a bit like moderating a tennis match. I only post under the influence of weed so I know what is allowed and can stick to the rules. A few years ago that would not have been the case. Probably wouldn't have been banned but I know for sure I would have racked up some points.

Congrats on the long time participation in the forum. I'm sure you have changed some lives for the better.

I'm not surprised that things were a bit 'wild west' if they were recruiting 10th graders. No offense, but I wouldn't trust a 10th grader to wipe his arse properly, nevermind moderate a forum... 😀

Yeah me neither

Then again I think my age was unclear simply given the subject matter and the relatively extensive knowledge I had already aquired by then, I was a resourceful young chap 👼

Fortunately I've had 19 years to grow into the role 🏌🏼‍♂️

Me? nah i know what bans feel like....im a professional....i try to avoid them now tho that im a little older....the kid in me still enjoys it all but it's a greater challenge for me to avoid a ban - i think im doing pretty good so far - but i'll give credit to the mods and admins for being tolerant of me at times.....i dont think this place is too bad at all in that regard

He clearly wants to see what it feels like? 😜
I made a standing offer to him to come get banned for the next shitpost in SLR if he was desperate to learn how the process works. But he has not taken up the offer as yet. The post above explains why I guess.

I made a standing offer to him to come get banned for the next shitpost in SLR if he was desperate to learn how the process works. But he has not taken up the offer as yet. The post above explains why I guess.

did i make a few shitposts there? like i don't even mean to do it sometimes...it just kinda happens and im not trying to offend anybody - sometimes im just in a smartass mood...sometimes i come across a little cranky too - im aware of it but it's not really my intention overall.....it's just krinkle being krinkle

did i make a few shitposts there? like i don't even mean to do it sometimes...it just kinda happens and im not trying to offend anybody - sometimes im just in a smartass mood...sometimes i come across a little cranky too - im aware of it but it's not really my intention overall.....it's just krinkle being krinkle
As I recall it there were a few inappropriate posts for SLR but when politely and informally asked to amend or delete them you did so graciously which is always the preferred way for things to work.

As I recall it there were a few inappropriate posts for SLR but when politely and informally asked to amend or delete them you did so graciously which is always the preferred way for things to work.

for sure! if you ask me anything nicely, im very willing to cooperate - and you did a great job with your approach - so i comend you on that

i've never had a mod or admin come at me aggressively or authoritatively - malevolent did initially but not too bad and once i explained my side and he heard me out, he was really nice after that....so even that worked out really well - he's cool if you ask me and if i had an issue, i wouldn't hesitiate to talk to him about it now

i've never had a mod or admin come at me aggressively or authoritatively - malevolent did initially but not too bad and once i explained my side and he heard me out, he was really nice after that

We'll have a talk with him. That's not how we operate around here.

The last bit, I mean, about "really nice" and stuff.