Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Tell us about the last film you watched, mate!

^^^Lily Cole. She has very unique and interesting features. Alien-like really.

battle_los_angeles_poster_93833.jpeg

Speaking of aliens....I saw this shit last night. This movie was very boring. It offered up absolutely nothing new to the ever-growing alien attack genre. Aliens arrive. Aliens attack. We fight back. Yawn. They even looked like the aliens in every third movie of its kind and sounded like every other monster you've already heard before.

Imagine Independence Day, minus Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum. Replace them with characters you've seen in EVERY war movie you've ever seen. Throw in some disposable civilians, some who never utter a word, even though there were only about 4 or 5 of them. Add some stupid lines like, "Maybe I can help. I'm a veterinarian." She says this line when they have an alien body and are trying to figure out how to kill it. I mean, seriously? Oh you've worked on cats, dogs and bunnies. Sure, you're qualified to figure out the inner workings of an alien from outer space!

It even had the same ending as Independence Day! If I ever see Aaron Eckhart out in public, I'm going to punch him right square in that butt chin of his. Bad movie, Aaron! Bad movie! Go to your damn room and think about what you did!

^Armadillo is worth a watch to.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011x1hl/Our_War_The_Invisible_Enemy/ same with this where there will be several parts.

This is a bit older but still good, he first trains up as a royal marine commando then joins them in Afghanistan with other new recruits that just went through basic training which has been filmed to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlHxIqVoxE you'll have to look for the follow up 'commando on the front line'

Ross Kemp- Afghanistan series is very good to, opens your eyes a bit more to what actually goes on there.

In case you weren't aware of those.

No I haven't seen any of these. Cheers for the recommendations though, I'll mark them down on my list to see. :)

man i watchd a few movies on tv today but cant think of them atm...lol

X-Men 1st class. Best X-men in my opinion. Stoked on The Green Lantern this weekend.

Theater: Pirates 4 - I knew Depp would phone this one in, so I had low expectations. Those were met. Bland dialogue, lukewarm jokes and a plot that followed suit. The marvelous McS and wonderboy Richards had naught. Worst of all? The complete lack (I mean absolutely zilch, ninguna, nada, the empty set, nichts, negative none..), of chemistry between him and PC. The Deppth was void of depptitude. And Cruz? - we share the gender, so I speak with authority - Cruz is a hothothothottie with a freakishly awesome bod and great boobs to boot. In this flick, she was merely pretty. And fully clothed. It was kind of weird, really. I'm gonna slip in my last home-viewed and highly recommended dvd: Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work. Don't think, just watch it. You'll be doing yourself a favor, promise. I give you some Twizzlers if you don't feel compelled to shower me with gratitude and all your cash after you see it. Well, maybe that was a bit much, but you get my drift.))

bridesmaids-movie-cast.jpg

Saw Bridesmaids at the cinema last night. Every one of the "bridesmaids" does a great job, and provides a great twist on perspectives of marriage (the newly wed who's over the top in her positivity and the husky mother-of-3 who tells stories about 'cracking semen covered sheets in half'). The butch one is hilarious in every scene she's in. But Kristen Wiig is a star. It's refreshing to see her as a female lead. She manages to be so down to earth yet self-centred at the same time. The male-interest; a warm hearted Irish-American cop, is great as well.

There's a balanced mix of gross out, physical and oddball humour, and real feelings (the strains of changes on long-term friendships, etc). I think I saw someone call it 'the female Hangover', somewhere. But I thought that didn't do it justice; it's much better than the Hangover.

Worth your time/money.

Imagine Independence Day, minus Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum. Replace them with characters you've seen in EVERY war movie you've ever seen.

haha yes. So bad.

Stoked on The Green Lantern this weekend.

I'm interested because of the director. Ryan Reynolds annoys me though.

Theater: Pirates 4 - I knew Depp would phone this one in, so I had low expectations. Those were met. Bland dialogue, lukewarm jokes and a plot that followed suit. The marvelous McS and wonderboy Richards had naught. Worst of all? The complete lack (I mean absolutely zilch, ninguna, nada, the empty set, nichts, negative none..), of chemistry between him and PC. The Deppth was void of depptitude. And Cruz? - we share the gender, so I speak with authority - Cruz is a hothothothottie with a freakishly awesome bod and great boobs to boot. In this flick, she was merely pretty. And fully clothed. It was kind of weird, really.
Thank you for this review. I've been debating going to see POTC4 just for the eye candy (and I'm not talking about Depp). ;) Now I know not to waste my free passes on this film. :p

Super 8 - Great Movie.. ET with attitude imo

Jackass 3.5 - Funny as fuck.. see it/download it

Water for Elephants - They left out so much from the book.. but it was an ok movie

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz - Forget how awesome this movie was.. Got the entire Mobile Suit Gundam Wing series because of it :D

Hanna.

Pretty fun. I liked it. Similar to the bourne movies, but with some added twists and differences. Soundtrack is pretty cool too (breaks/tribal house).

"what did your mum die of?"

"three bullets"

This movie is great, but pretty fucked up in a lot of ways.

EDIT: OF COURSE!!! the soundtrack is a chemical bros song!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBmwcuLa1as

there we go!

Last edited:
Chanbara Beauty I honestly don't know what to say about this, watched it while wasted which didn't help. Worst movie of all time or so-bad-it's good in a hilarious, tongue in cheek sense? No idea. There were plenty of zombies and ridiculous sword fights between girls in school & cowboy uniforms though =D

I watched Get Him To The Greek last night because it was on TV. I enjoyed it because I LOVE Russell Brand, like, completely love him :D
Get_Him_to_the_Greek_9.jpg

But it got SO annoying towards the end. I kept thinking the movie was wrapping up but then some other saga occurred and I was like "Come on! Just get to the point already!"

But yeah, I loved Russell Brand in a movie role and I would LOVE to see him in more movies, provided that he can play a different character other than himself :)

^ that was a fun movie too, don't get jeffrey'd

Edit: just had a revelation about the movie hanna's soundtrack, see my post above.

Last edited: