• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Teehee The Virtual Being a Kid and Psychedelics Thread

From what I've heard marijunan increases melatonin intially, then loses its affect in that regards afrter a while.

TEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEETEEHHEEV

The study I referenced showed "dramatically higher melatonin levels after 20 minutes" and levels 4000% of baseline after 2 hours (Melatonin by Reiter and Robinson page 262). The high melatonin levels are most likely what cause the lethargic burnout feeling...

TeeH(c)ee! :p :)

Effects of Tetra-hydrocannabinol
on Melatonin Secretion in Man

NSFW:
Effects of Tetra-hydrocannabinol
on Melatonin Secretion in Man

Hormone and Metabolic Research 18 (1986) 77-78

© Georg Thiem Verlag Stuttgart - New York

Melatonin and Marijuana

Patients Charge Alan Leshner with Fraud

Melatonin and Dreams

P. Lissori, M. Resentini, D. Mauri., D. Esposti*, G. Esposti, D. Rossi, G. Legname and F. Fraschini

Chair of Chemotherapy, and *Institute of Human Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy

The mechanisms by which tetrahydrocannabiol (delta-9 THC) affects some neuroendocrine activities have not yet been clarified. Its effects cannot be prevented by pretreatment with n-methyltyrosine, which produces brain concentrations of norepenephrine and dopamine (Hollister 1971) At present, the existence of an endogenous agonist cannot be excluded.

To investigate whether its effects involve the participation of the pineal gland, the response of melatonin (the main pineal hormone) to delta-9 THC was evalutated in nine agreeing healthy male volunteers, aged between 29 and 33. The substance was administered at 3 pm through a 1 g. cigarette containing 1% delta-9 THC. Venous blood samples were drawn from an indwelling catheter in an antecubital vein -20, 0, 20, 60 and 120 mins. after drug administration. According to the same experimental protocol, on the preceding day the test had been performed after smoking one normal cigarette. The whole test was carried out in the summer. Sera were separated by centrifugation and stored at - 20°C. until assayed. Melatonin serum values were measured by means of the RIA method described by Wetterberg, Erickson, Friberg and Vengbo (1978 ), using commerically available kits (WHB-Sweden) when the extracts showed melatonin values higher than the detection limit, samples were measured after an adequate dilution. Data were analyzed by Student's t-test and results reported as the mean ± SD.

A very high signifcant increase (P<0.001) of melatonin serum mean levels, in comparison to the values observed during saline infusion, was noticed in eight of the nine subjects after delta-9 THC administration; the highest values were obtained at 120 mins. from administration (Table I).

In contrast, the last case showed high basal levels of melatonin (289.3 - 321.3 - 157.0 - 72.5 - 181.2 pg/ml, respectively at -20, 0, 20, 60, 120 mins.) without evidence of endocrine or psychiatric disorders, and melatonin peak was significantly inhibited (P<0.001) by delta-9 THC, with the lowest levels reached 60 mins. later (304.2 - 311.7 - 294.2 - 306.0 - 314.8 pg/ml respectively at -20, 0, 60, 120 mins.).

Table 1 Serum levels (mean values +/-SD) of melatonin (pg/ml) in 8 healthy subjects after delta-9 THC Administration
Times (mins.)

Delta-9 THC

23.2±2.4

21.3±1.6

87.3±10.4

663.4±88.3

904.1±104.3
Saline

19.8±6.3

20.2±3.4

18.6± 5.7

25.3±7.1

30.2 ± 4.8

These preliminary results are difficult to interpret moreover, at present we are unable to explain the high melatonin basal level observed in the last case. However, the present data suggest that delta-9 THC may regulate the activity of the pineal gland either by stimulating or inhibiting melatonin secretion, and that melatonin response to delta-9 THC seems to depend on its basal levels. Moreover, these findings could lead to the hypothesis that the pineal gland is involved in the mechanism of action of delta-9 THC. However, further research and more data, evaluating melatonin response during different photoperiods of the day and using agonists and antagonists of neurotransmitters, are required to ascertain whether the effects of delta-9 THC on the pineal gland are direct or mediated.

References

Hollister, L.E.: Marihuana in man: 3 years later: Science 172: 21-29 (1971)

Wetterberg, L., O. Eriksson, Y. Friberg, B. Vangbo: A simplified ratioimmunoassay for melatonin and its application to biological fluids. Preliminary observations on the half-life of plasma melatonin in man: Clin. Chim. Acta 86: 169-177 (1978)

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...a+melatonin+cures+not+wars&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2

Last edited:
I'll chime in, high off the come down of a DMt blast spent with two friends who were playing a key board and synthesizer as I was blasted off.

:rolls in the carpet studying the fibers and see's a magestic city, transports him self into said city and becomes a merchant of what else? DMT!! I turn on the entire cirty, and then the farms on teh out scerts, then the hermits beyond that. And soon the city falls, the forrest once agains grows ove rthe ruins of shapend rock and now we, the inhabitance and even I the merchant are once again just primal beasts. As the ebasts we are we know no shame, we walk around naked and are once again beauty in it's truest form:

Oh, and what about playing with heman toys in the blankets using them as moutains and terrain!

With DMT, your imaginary friends may not be so imaginary anymore!

If a similar study was done on the correlation of DMT levels with age, I would bet my lunch money the graph would look similar.

Up until the 1990s, no research had ever been conducted to determine the impact of fluoride on the pineal gland - a small gland located between the two hemispheres of the brain that regulates the production of the hormone melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that helps regulate the onset of puberty and helps protect the body from cell damage caused by free radicals.

It is now known - thanks to the meticulous research of Dr. Jennifer Luke from the University of Surrey in England - that the pineal gland is the primary target of fluoride accumulation within the body.

The soft tissue of the adult pineal gland contains more fluoride than any other soft tissue in the body - a level of fluoride (~300 ppm) capable of inhibiting enzymes.

The pineal gland also contains hard tissue (hyroxyapatite crystals), and this hard tissue accumulates more fluoride (up to 21,000 ppm) than any other hard tissue in the body (e.g. teeth and bone).

After finding that the pineal gland is a major target for fluoride accumulation in humans, Dr. Luke conducted animal experiments to determine if the accumulated fluoride could impact the functioning of the gland - particulalry the gland's regulation of melatonin.

Luke found that animals treated with fluoride had lower levels of circulating melatonin, as reflected by reduced levels of melatonin metabolites in the animals' urine. This reduced level of circulating melatonin was accompanied - as might be expected - by an earlier onset of puberty in the fluoride-treated female animals.

Luke summarized her human and animal findings as follows:

"In conclusion, the human pineal gland contains the highest concentration of fluoride in the body. Fluoride is associated with depressed pineal melatonin synthesis by prepubertal gerbils and an accelerated onset of sexual maturation in the female gerbil. The results strengthen the hypothesis that the pineal has a role in the timing of the onset of puberty. Whether or not fluoride interferes with pineal function in humans requires further investigation."

http://fluoridealert.org/health/pineal/

Pineal gland calcification

I swear its a government plan to keep the population docile and disconnected. :! :X Fuck it! I'm buying a water distiller! Teehee ;)

Youkai said:
I'll chime in, high off the come down of a DMt blast spent with two friends who were playing a key board and synthesizer as I was blasted off.

:rolls in the carpet studying the fibers and see's a magestic city, transports him self into said city and becomes a merchant of what else? DMT!! I turn on the entire cirty, and then the farms on teh out scerts, then the hermits beyond that. And soon the city falls, the forrest once agains grows ove rthe ruins of shapend rock and now we, the inhabitance and even I the merchant are once again just primal beasts. As the ebasts we are we know no shame, we walk around naked and are once again beauty in it's truest form:

Yes! You know, on the way to work I was thinking about you and wondering what you were up to and if you were okay... I hadn't recalled seeing you post in a couple of days. :)

e1evene1even said:
Pineal gland calcification

I swear its a government plan to keep the population docile and disconnected. Fuck it! I'm buying a water distiller! Teehee

Shit! That's creepy... good thing I only drink filtered water. I'm pretty sure Brita filters remove fluoride, right?

Xorkoth said:
Yes! You know, on the way to work I was thinking about you and wondering what you were up to and if you were okay... I hadn't recalled seeing you post in a couple of days. :)
dude, thats SOOOO weird, I was actualy thinking of you while taking my shower befor work this morning! while deep in toughts of you I think itmoved alil. ;) <3

That's not even the first time that kind of thing happened today!

Ah, life is magical, innit?

Xorkoth said:
That's not even the first time that kind of thing happened today!

Ah, life is magical, innit?
Very magiclal,
Im a magician didnt you know?

What is this? Are you some kind of hypnotist? Waving your powers around...

(This is what Flaming Lips were asked in song as I read your post).

so a magic tourney?

Ive been a tad busy this week in adult life! I havent been on in a couple days!

got a speeding ticket :(

Damn, that sucks. :(

Yeah, I'd love to have a Magic tourney sometime. I really, really would. You know what else is fun? group games, 3 or more people. The strategy gains another whole level as you have to consider who might do what to whom, and you need to make sure to be diplomatic.

Indeed. If only I knew anything whatsoever about IRC. I've never used it once!

So, I k now nothing about IRC , does apprentice have to be played on IRC?

don't think so - IRC was another idea -

I will look into it if people want to start a PD channel -

there used to be one back in the weird ole days of BL (02-03), MGS will remember that channel, fun times -

I think with appretince one person puts in their IP to host, and everyone else has to be told the IP and enter it to join.

oooh oooh oooh can i play too?
:)

wait never mind i dont know how to play magic.

anyone up for playing power rangers.
ill be the green one.