TDS TDS social thread vs follow the yellow brick road

LOLOL poor Azi her facial expression says it all. Eva makes the most pitiful sound when I'm climbing down from the tree with her. It's the "cat in the shower sound" just like "HEELP!!! I'm dying!!" is how I imagine it to translate into. I have no doubt Eva would have stayed into the tree forever probably lol She's terrified of falling to her death. Prying a cat (who 100% thinks they're going to die if they are pried from the tree) from a tree 20 feet up while trying to hold on yourself is not fun at all lol.

Glad to hear about your progress Cloudy <3!

Even though I woke up this morning to a cat pissing on me at 5:30 in the morning, I feel pretty good about my day, haha

^Was it a boy who sprayed you?

I have a male cat (who I consider a female and is named Eva, I even refer to him as a..her :p). When I got her at 12ish weeks they told me she was a girl so I named her a girl name. It wasn't until I took her when she was 3lbs (3months old) to get spayed that they told me she was a HE and that I was getting him neutered. Luckily since I got him neutered at such a young age he doesn't spray or have any negative male cat traits. ..but he'll always be a she to me lol.

Even though I woke up this morning to a cat pissing on me at 5:30 in the morning, I feel pretty good about my day, haha

I am pretty sure there is some cosmic trophy for having persisted in your fine attitude with that beginning!=D<3

I am getting overwhelmed trying to get ready for my trip to Ecuador. I feel like I am taking too much, then I panic that I am not taking enough for 4 months, then I just get stuck not knowing what to take. The problem is that there are so many different climates there--from extremely cold in the Andes to broiling hot in the jungle and on the coast and rain every day everywhere! Maybe it should just be: bathing suit, shirt, pants, sweater, rainjacket, wool hat, gloves; remove or add items as necessary.

8)

Hehe just bring one of everything. Your husband can ship you down things you might need right? Or you can probably buy what you need cheap if you really need it when you get there?

^nah, I'm pretty sure that would cost a fortune and I have no idea where I will be for shipping (no address) and according to Lonely Planet and travel forums you can't get much there. I know it will be fine, it's the packing that does me in every time--I obsess.=D

I think you should just go Naked and Afraid style , clothing is highly over rated and think of the vitamin D consumption.

^Don't tell her those things she will do it. She's borderline nudist already. She'd embrace that as fast as white embraced rice. %)

Maybe you should just grab your laundry basket? and Whatever is in there is probably what you use on a weekly basis. Plus add a bathing suit, towel, sneakers, sandals, long sleeve shirt (2), light jacket, heavy jacket, rain jacket (maybe combine those 2), hat, gloves, waterproof boots. about 100 pair of socks and underwear (can never have enough of those).

hm. :sus: trip planning is hard.

Hmmm, we have hired a big camper van for this years family holiday, I'm guessing half the house will have to come with us:)

I'm really looking forward to it, I find flying quite stressful these days, the claustrophobia and inability to remove myself from the situation can be quite horrible and the added stress of shielding my kids from my own distress makes it even more tricky.

I've travelled a fair bit of the world for work and have always been happy to find that in the main people are warm and friendly the world over, the poorest seemingly more so.

I haven't heard the details of your travels Herb but may the road rise with you<3

That sounds like that could be a good fun holiday Allein.
Go somewhere nice in the countryside and I'm sure yr kids will love it.
I was forever playing in woods etc and loved building dens etc. Tell the truth I would probably still enjoy doing it now.

^^ Allein, I'm going to Ecuador for about 4 months!

OK< so if I follow he advice in this thread I will go naked but pack my laundry basket ? LOL You guys are very helpful. (Gringa from CA spends 4 months in Ecuadoran women's prison for indecent exposure") ;)I found out today from someone that has been there that I definitely want a down jacket. That surprised me. Basically it all comes down to socks and underwear in the end, right? I can deal with anything as long as I have dry socks and clean underwear.=D

I can deal with anything as long as I have dry socks and clean underwear.

story of my life lol. Im so excited for you Jan, your traveling has really inspired me to want to do some traveling myself in the future :)

I was born and raised as Catholic but there are too many issues/contradictions in the Bible and the teachings of the Catholic church so I believe with regards to keeping my religion I had been really bad at it. So to answer your question there isn't a particular religion I am interested at.. I am more interested on reading and knowing the positive aspects of each Religion including their historical background.

I was born Catholic and am also non-practicing; I would consider myself an atheist right now. The buddhist religions are something that really interest me. The way they teach you to ask questions about our place in the world, and who we are, and the karmic system, really intrigues me. It's a very philosophical religion, and also very non-judgemental.

It may sound funny to you, but reincarnation is something that I really believe in. I'd consider myself a fairly sceptical person in general (probably the reason I've never considered myself religious), but I've been reading about the work of a Dr Ian Stevenson. He's a highly regarded doctor, who has made the study of reincarnation his field; he's investigated the cases of thousands of children with past life experience, and some of his research is simply astounding; he's spoken to children of 4 who are completely fluent in a different language, that is not spoken in their homes. He's investigated children with birthmarks and moles that are in the exact same places of the death wounds of the people the children have past life memories of! He's spoken to children in rural communities with detailed personal knowledge of geography and personal past life relations of places thousands of miles away, on the other side of the world. I find this stunning, to be honest.

It's also strange, but the vast majority of these children live in eastern countries, where buddhism is the main religion....as I said, I'm a bit of a skeptic, but I'm starting to really believe there is a lot more than we can see in this world.....

Edit: sorry, should have posted this in the sprituality forum.

Last edited:
bluelight good

bl is so fucking great i love all you people and what WE all do for eachother i'm sure a lot of you feel this way but i'm in a giddy mood being sober my 4th day even though i don't plan to stay sober it's nice and i love you all for the support and wisdom that has helped me through the worst of it