• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Targin (oxycodone/naloxone) best way to consume?

cuckingfunt

Greenlighter
I've got an arseload of these targin tablets. They're an extended release combination of 10mg oxy and 5mg of naloxone. From what I've read the naloxone is to stop abuse (and supposedly stop constipation).

From what limited info I've been able to find in regards to using them recreationally, they are apparently okay because naloxone won't negate the oxy when taken orally. But I've been taking them and not getting really any effects.

The first time I tried them, I took 2 tablets (they're controlled release tablets and I wanted the whole dose at once) and nothing happened. Last night I took 4 of them. I got a very slight high, similar to taking just a few mersyndol though, nothing wonderful. And it wore off quick. I also got the itches something shocking.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not taking enough of a dose of oxy (I've never had it before) or if it's because the naloxone is preventing it from doing its job. Thoughts?

I've got an arseload of these targin tablets. They're an extended release combination of 10mg oxy and 5mg of naloxone. From what I've read the naloxone is to stop abuse (and supposedly stop constipation).

From what limited info I've been able to find in regards to using them recreationally, they are apparently okay because naloxone won't negate the oxy when taken orally. But I've been taking them and not getting really any effects.

The first time I tried them, I took 2 tablets (they're controlled release tablets and I wanted the whole dose at once) and nothing happened. Last night I took 4 of them. I got a very slight high, similar to taking just a few mersyndol though, nothing wonderful. And it wore off quick. I also got the itches something shocking.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not taking enough of a dose of oxy (I've never had it before) or if it's because the naloxone is preventing it from doing its job. Thoughts?

The Naloxone shouldn't do anything as long as it's taken orally- if you tried to snort them or shoot them I'm fairly certain the naloxone would kick in. It's an anti-abuse feature because as long as you take it orally, the naloxone should do nothing.

Take some antihistamines (promethazine is queen, cyclizine the king) for the itches...just try a higher dose and maybe crush the pills as much as possible before you take them. The sustained release matrix can be pretty advanced so you may end up having to take more in order to feel the initial high (compared to IR pills), but it may well last longer.

Also, I'm presuming you're not dependent. If you are then you shouldn't be touching anything containing naloxone unless you're ODing.

I have plenty of promethazine. I was a bit worried about taking it though because it makes me drowsy, and I thought it might be a bit dangerous taking 2 drugs that have that effect.

I took 6 tablets tonight and got a somewhat okay high, but it wasn't long lasting. Maybe half an hour.

I am definitely not dependent (as I said, never had oxy before). I was sorting out my late father's belongings and found 2 full packets of these tablets, that's the reason I have them. He had cancer, but he refused to take anything like this. He was definitely not dependent either. Nno idea why they gave him ones with naloxone in them.

If I tried plugging these the naloxone would kick in wouldn't it?

No, the naloxone can be absorbed rectally...and you'd be putting quite a bit of naloxone in there- the typical IV dose for naloxone only a couple of mgs, you'll end up aborbing as much if not more than that.

Maybe the anti-abuse features work?

i have no experience with this particular combination, but i've taken tilidine/naloxone pills by the handful. any ROA but oral will instantly activate the naloxone, and even orally it will negate the oxycodone if you take too much. i found for me personally that 32mgs of naloxone orally is about all i can get away with before i'm just wasting good pharmaceuticals, but from what i gather this is pretty dependent on the person. oxycodone has a good oral BA, so you should be able to get at least some sort of buzz out of them.

i wonder if those kinds of pills would be helpful in tapering. I've thought about small doses of naloxone each day to get over opiate dependence quicker but don't know how that would work out practically.

I think OPs question is answered so i thought i'd pose one myself, could you use naloxone, like in these pills to do a taper that was faster/less painful than a regular one?

i really doubt it would do anything but worsen the withdrawal, but my knowledge on this is rather spotty.

i wonder if those kinds of pills would be helpful in tapering. I've thought about small doses of naloxone each day to get over opiate dependence quicker but don't know how that would work out practically.

I think OPs question is answered so i thought i'd pose one myself, could you use naloxone, like in these pills to do a taper that was faster/less painful than a regular one?

Ever taken naloxone while dependent? I have. I know I was overdosing and he saved my life and all, but the only thing I wanted to do was smack the paramedic in the mouth after he shot me up.

No...just no. If any of it is actually absorbed you're in a world of fucking pain- and the first thing you're gonna do is get high.

no never been hit with naloxone thankfully lol, i just mean in small doses to sort of bring your tolerance down and lessen your dependency, which a shot of naloxone will do temporarily but i'm thinking over a long period of time in low doses that won't throw you into a terrible withdrawal but perhaps just a bit of discomfort. Kind of like the naloxone in suboxone, though i guess in that case, it doesn't show much promise as a way to taper or reduce dependency. Sorry that's just a shot in the dark really, i don't know pharmacology whatsoever.

Insufflated Targin brings on instant wds. I tried it and failed my ass off. Oral ROA or nothing.

I am prescribed the 40/20mg targin 2x a day and i dont know if anyone else has this issue but for 80mg of oxycodone it is unbelievable how utterly useless targin is for pain relief. I enjoy the euphoria from oxy as much as the next person. But for pain relief (which i desperately need) these targin are awful. I got better relief from 10mg percoset. I think doctors will prescribe these to anyone who they deem a potential risk for abuse (meaning if you are younger than 50) no matter how much pain you are in.

If anyone knows how to remove the naloxone with some sort of extraction i would sign over my first born. I am not looking to plug or iv. Just want to take them normally but actually get pain relief.

Thanks!

i have found the only way around the naloxone in targin is to take off the coating, crush the pills into a powder, wrap in a cigarette paper and swallow. No instant rush, but 30- 45 minutes it will kick in and last 3-4 hours instead of twelve. P.S best potentiator is lots of caffeine!!!!!!!!!

take the coating off, crush, wrap in a cigarette paper and swallow. The more you crush it, the faster your system will absorb it. I find this will last 3 - 4 hours

Insufflated Targin brings on instant wds. I tried it and failed my ass off. Oral ROA or nothing.

This seems to be the way to go. Unlike Suboxone's buprenorphine, oxycodone's binding affinity for the mu opioid receptors are lower than naloxone, so you must take it orally so the naloxone will retain its low bioavailability and the oxycodone can actually work.

I've got a few Targinact 40/20. I took 1 and 1/2 and they took a long time to kick in but once they did I was pretty fucked. Did give me a bit of a headache and some restless leg syndrome (how annoying is that!) It also lasted for about 14 hours! Went to bed around 2am and woke up at 9am still as fucked. Would it be safe to crush one up and take it?

I have never taken "Targin" before, but i bet if you smoked the medicine that the heat would possibly destroy the narcan and cause opiate style euphoria. If you decide to try it please post. I would like to know if it worked.

I have some 20/10 Targins and they don?t do anything when I take them compared to oxys. I have been to the bathroom every 6-8hrs since I started taking them 48hrs ago. Anyone know a safe method of removing the naloxone on it pls?

Well if both compounds are found in their HCl form...

The best I could find so far is the fairly different solubilities to water. Naloxone HCl is 73mg/ml and Oxycodone HCl is just under 6mg.

So theoretically one could do like a reverse CWE, only you'll be extracting the naloxone. You could try using .25ml h2o per pill (very small amount) and while it may pull out a little oxy my guess is that it would pull mostly naloxone and other more soluble components to the pills.

Then discard the water and consume the non-soluble leftovers. This would take some tweaking to get right though (with amounts of water used and times extracted) but I feel even a crude first run would leave a product better than before.

Crush up 4 pills, drip in 1ml of water and stir then let sit until it settles for 10min. Suck off water and consume. If it feels non-euphoric still try again with more water or another water extraction and so on until you get to a good spot. I do believe naloxone can affect you even orally.

-GC

^ uhh yeah, that's going to be a problem. According to the Merck Index, Oxy HCl has a solubility of: 166 mg/mL @(20 ?C). So after your reverse CWE you'll end up with a cup of Oxy and Naloxone in the same quantities as the Targin pill.