• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

tapering

celinacabral

Greenlighter
Hi 1st time poster so here it goes. I am currently taking methadone, and have been for the last 10yrs now I go to a clinic and have been following all there rules. I have gotten to the level where I get biweekly take-homes, but I have gotten to the point where I know I am more than ready to start tapering down and ultimatliy just stop taking it all together. My question is how hard will it be, and can it actually be done without feeling like death cause that is one thing I cant not feel like because I have 4 lil ones at home all under the age of 9yrs old. I guess I am just so scared of getting down to lie 2.5mlgs and stop taking it and be ok for the 1st 5days then all of sudden the wds just creep up on me and I feel like I am going to die. Please help I was taking 130mlgs, but have gotten myself down to taking one wafer daily 40mlgs on my own at home.........

Hey Celina, welcome to Bluelight :)

I'm going to move your thread to Sober Living, where you may get some more feedback on your query. You should have a read of the other threads in that forum too, which should be pretty informative and helpful.

I would strongly suggest you wait until you get a good plan before beginning though.

Best wishes,
CFC