• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapering from 150mg oxy to 60mg.

kajoeyla

Greenlighter
Hello all. I’ve been lurking for a long time and have posted a few times.

I’m a long time chronic pain patient. Taking oxy for 15 years. Some really high doses along the way. At one point I was getting 360 30mg a month.

Currently I get 180 15mg oxycodone a month. But I had saved up a lot of blues and so even after my doctor got raided abs new doc cut me back, I didn’t taper my dose enough. I consistently for last couple years took more than I got and eventually my excess of approx 4000 30mg oxycodone “bank” has gotten down to about 300 30mg oxycodones.

I also have 89.5 15mg. I think my normal dose up until a few days ago was sbout 150mg a day. Only prescribed 90mg a day.

Saturday I took about 90mg oxy by mouth. Sunday I only took 45mg of oxy. And I subbed in a 20mg adderall (10mg at noon and 10mg at 3:30pm.

I didn’t sleep at all last night so I’m not doing the adderall any more. Im having an okay time breaking the 15s and taking half of one every 3 hours. But my mind is telling me it’s okay to take a whole one right now. And I know if I do, I will be taking a whole one every 3 hours and pretty soon more often than that.

I wish I could smoke some week but my pain management doc tests me pretty regurlarly. Ugh.

And into not like I can just stay home for a few days or weeks until I reset my tolerance. I work full time for running a company my dad left me when he retired. I have two kids and am married to my high school sweetheart.

So far so good on my pain levels. But my mind is the problem.

Doing a little better today.

Saturday -
7:51am 7.5mg oxy
10:52am 7.5mg oxy
12:18pm 10mg adderall
1:47pn 7.5mg oxy
3:18pm 10mg adderall
5:44pm 7.5mg oxy
9:28pn 7.5mg oxy
11:00pm 7.5mg oxy

I didn’t sleep hardly at all that night. Not sure if I took the the adderall too late in the day or if I was in partial withdrawal because I had so much less oxy in my system than it’s used to.

Sunday-
6:03am 7.5mg oxy
9:05am 7.5mg oxy
12:10pm 7.5mg oxy
3:10pm 15mg oxy
6:00pm 15mg oxy
9:15pm 15mg oxy

Monday-
7:30am 7.5mg oxy
10:42am 7.5mg oxy
1pm 15mg oxy
5:30pm 15mg ozy
8:30pm 15mg oxy

I now have enough to be able to take 75mg every day until my next doctors appointment in 17 days. That appointment is 34 days after the previous one (even though it was only enough medicine does 30 days).

Hey there, you're doing well to be taking so much less. If you keep sticking to this lower amount, your tolerance will go down and you'll feel normal taking this amount. It's good of you to be trying to be proactive before you run out... as you know, of course, being in withdrawal makes functioning and being productive impossible.

I am in a similar situation with regards to opiates... I have a career where I have to be high functioning, and a second career as a musician where I play shows, for the rest of my time. I took a month off and rented a cabin in summer 2020, and got off everything, and was feeling great. Then the day I got home, my cat unexpectedly died and I immediately relapsed, and have been struggling since.

The struggle is real... but keep at it. At least in yoye caswe you're prescribed 90mg per day (which is a lot, really). In my case I just want to get off completely and that is really difficult for me. If you can stick to your lower dose for a while, you will hopefully be able tp stay on 90mg/day which should be able to keep you pain free and satisfied. And hopefully they won't cut you off like they have to so many people.

hey man! i too deal with chronic pain and long term oxy --- taking Ultra low dose naltrexone with my doses and black seed oil has allowed me to taper/remain low and still get good pain relief. i would look into both of these.