• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tapentadol

Magicblackstarlol

Greenlighter
So I had a high opiates tolerance and have been using tapentadol
200mg for a few times
( please no it?s a blah blah brap drug)

here are are my questions. :
1)
can it cause respiratory problems if taken on a high a dosage ? Or 400mg at once

2) should I add some promethazine as well to extend high / stop nausea
(don?t wana get to sedated lol !

3) any other tips !

Hey magicblack! Your question's a pretty easy one, so let's do it. Basically, Tapendatol (Nucynta) is an Opioid. It also is a Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor (NRI), which will give it some effects that differentiate it from other "standard" Opioid agonists, but the main takeaway is that Tapentadol is a fairly potent Opioid agonist and thus produces respiratory depression in high doses. It can kill you just like any other Opioid can, so you need to exercise caution.

Regarding the usage of Promethazine (Phenergan) in concert with the Tapentadol, that is really your choice. If you enjoy it, go for it. Sedative antihistamines like Promethazine will increase sedation, but should not contribute to imminent danger in any way. Promethazine will not increase respiratory depression but being sedated can be dangerous in general if you're driving a car, so be careful. If there's anything else you need, you know where to find us.

Well I took 400 mg overall last night , woke up this morning with headache and was sick , few hours later I still got headache.
Have I just over done it ?

Well man, this is a little bit tricky. I feel that I actually didn't pay enough attention to the fact that Tapentadol is a Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor. This was a mistake on my part. I pretty much glossed over a fact that could be potentially dangerous and I feel like a jackass. Tapentadol actually lowers the seizure threshold. Also, headache is listed as a common side-effect. One problem is that Tapentadol is not an oft-prescribed drug so we don't have a lot of empirical evidence to help us.

The only thing I can advise at this point is to not exceed your current dosage as it would seem that it is producing negative side-effects. The fact that this drug lowers the seizure threshold is enough to advise against its abuse.

Word. I would be interested to know how things have progressed for you though man. Could you maybe let us know just for the benefit of others reading who might be going through the same thing? Thanks :)

I was taking tapentadol 300-400mg like 3-4 times a day. You can can really develop a tolerance for this drug quickly. I?ll say that I got high every time I took the drug. Good high but coming off of them was harder than coming off of oxy. It sucks big time. So be careful. Also had a few times where I may have over done it and really questioned whether I needed help. Tunnel vision and Short breath. Stay awake! But really though, coming off is a bitch butch bitch. Two buddies of mine shared the same experience.

I would like to know what the remedies are for this 'lowering of the seizure threshold' . I know a small amount of benzodiazepines would help with this but this changes the high somewhat i feel.

I had a small stash which i finished few weeks ago but i always had this seizure thing in the back of my mind. Before i knew this i always enjoyed my tramadol but after that i always had this 'worried' feeling when i was on it. Is this only a thing of 'rolling the dice' or can this issue be tackled with anything?