• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

tapentadol odd effects - normal or no?

Phoenix_03

Bluelighter
Hi all. So I recently got some new meds to try and one of these was tapentadol. Ordered online, came in blister packs which from what i’ve read is less likely to be tampered with...but we all know anything is possible. I’ve never taken it before, read some info about effects and thought it would be a typical opiate, maybe not much of anything for me since i’m on methadone. Well, i felt effects but they were not pleasant at all. i read a few posts on other forums where others say they felt similar feelings but i thought it seemed weird...and maybe meant i got fakes? the high reminded me of too much benadryl or something. When i last took a high benadryl dose on top of being sleep deprived, i was hallucinating, hearing people talk about me constantly, seeing shit that’s not there, etc. I had similar effects after taking the tap, it wasn’t as strong or overwhelming as the benadryl, i was able to get through work by telling myself people weren’t whispering about me it’s the damn pill. It was as fun as it sounds. once the tap wore off, all auditory hallucinations stopped (i only heard things with the tapentadol, no visual disturbances). but damn, i’ve been stressed lately but i dont think that would make an opiate effect me so bizarrely. either its true people get these weird side effects or i’ve been duped. i know the only way to know for sure is testing, but i don’t have a kit. i ordered something else from the same place and i know thats the real deal so, what are the odds one blister pack med is real and another fake? Sorry for length, just got home im tired but wanted to ask this real quick while i was thinking about it.

tldr; anyone else get weird side effects from tapentadol, like auditory hallucinations or odd loopy feeling similar to benadryl?

Mate meth is too strong and jacks up your tolerance until all you can feel is higher doses of methadone or fent.
I tried oxy, heroin' tianeptine, and more and all I ever felt was the H if I got it from very good vendors on the DW.
Oh and if you took subutex you'd fucking feel that but not in the same way!!
Sorry. Meth is called liquid handcuffs for a reason.

Hi all. So I recently got some new meds to try and one of these was tapentadol. Ordered online, came in blister packs which from what i’ve read is less likely to be tampered with...but we all know anything is possible. I’ve never taken it before, read some info about effects and thought it would be a typical opiate, maybe not much of anything for me since i’m on methadone. Well, i felt effects but they were not pleasant at all. i read a few posts on other forums where others say they felt similar feelings but i thought it seemed weird...and maybe meant i got fakes? the high reminded me of too much benadryl or something. When i last took a high benadryl dose on top of being sleep deprived, i was hallucinating, hearing people talk about me constantly, seeing shit that’s not there, etc. I had similar effects after taking the tap, it wasn’t as strong or overwhelming as the benadryl, i was able to get through work by telling myself people weren’t whispering about me it’s the damn pill. It was as fun as it sounds. once the tap wore off, all auditory hallucinations stopped (i only heard things with the tapentadol, no visual disturbances). but damn, i’ve been stressed lately but i dont think that would make an opiate effect me so bizarrely. either its true people get these weird side effects or i’ve been duped. i know the only way to know for sure is testing, but i don’t have a kit. i ordered something else from the same place and i know thats the real deal so, what are the odds one blister pack med is real and another fake? Sorry for length, just got home im tired but wanted to ask this real quick while i was thinking about it.

tldr; anyone else get weird side effects from tapentadol, like auditory hallucinations or odd loopy feeling similar to benadryl?
Some people do report strange side effects from tapentadol. It has slight SNRI properties, like tramadol, but nowhere near to the same extent so it’s not a traditional opioid.

You just might not be someone who tolerates it well.

Just to add, don’t go over 500mg in 24 hours. There are reports of seizure activity although rare, it’s not something I’d risk especially if you’re experiencing some of the more rare sides.

You should definitely be testing it, that goes without saying. If you’re in UK wedinos.org will test for free you just need to download a form and send it off. All anonymous.

Some people do report strange side effects from tapentadol. It has slight SNRI properties, like tramadol, but nowhere near to the same extent so it’s not a traditional opioid.

You just might not be someone who tolerates it well.

Just to add, don’t go over 500mg in 24 hours. There are reports of seizure activity although rare, it’s not something I’d risk especially if you’re experiencing some of the more rare sides.

You should definitely be testing it, that goes without saying. If you’re in UK wedinos.org will test for free you just need to download a form and send it off. All anonymous.
I'm in the US but I've looked up some sites here that will test pills or substances. I read that some people have weird side effects from tapentadol, but I've never had such odd effects from any other opiate, even tramadol. I did read about another popular Indian opiate, Taiwan, that tends to produce the same effects but more often. I doubt I got one opiate swapped for another, just interesting two of their main opiods there are two with weird effect profiles.

Mate meth is too strong and jacks up your tolerance until all you can feel is higher doses of methadone or fent.
I tried oxy, heroin' tianeptine, and more and all I ever felt was the H if I got it from very good vendors on the DW.
I know, back in the early days I could take vicodin for pain while on methadone and still feel a high. Not so much now. I thought tapentadol was supposed to be stronger, hoped maybe it would do something. Though, I wasn't expecting what I got. I hate benadryl and that's precisely how it felt, but a huge dose.

Never went the Sub route, I need all my receptors full 😝

Nah of you wanna get high you can only do it once every two weeks ish and just take an extra half bottle with grape fruit and something like bicarb to lower your stomach pH (or tums or something).

Fatty foods help too apparently but never had much luck with that.

Well it's a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor so it doesn't work like a full opioid like, say, morphine. Maybe the odd effects you've experienced are due to its peculiar pharmacology compared to regular opioids. Hallucinations are a side effect that is known to occur with opioids in general at high dosages so it's not that weird to me. I've had visual hallucinations a few times on opioids and I'm not on extremely high dosages.
I have been buying tapentadol lately due to its cheap cost and the only odd effect so far was blurry vision after taking 250mg at once plus 200mg of carisoprodol. They're combined in the pills I got so cannot separate them.
I like it so far. Equivalence charts tell me 100mg are about the same as 20mg of oxycodone so not bad for its price. This is probably as far as analgesia goes.

I don't have personal experience with Tapentadol (Nucynta), but I think it makes sense that it would produce some unexpected effects due to its peripheral effects as a Serotonin Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor. I have talked to other folks who have had similar experiences. Tapentadol is in many ways an analog of the weaker Opioid Tramadol (Ultram). They both are Opioid agonists, but have some added effects as a result of their SNRI activity.

Works great for pain, today i triedd it for the first Time AND it feels Speedy AND lasts long. Still miss my morphine though.

I don't have personal experience with Tapentadol (Nucynta), but I think it makes sense that it would produce some unexpected effects due to its peripheral effects as a Serotonin Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor. I have talked to other folks who have had similar experiences. Tapentadol is in many ways an analog of the weaker Opioid Tramadol (Ultram). They both are Opioid agonists, but have some added effects as a result of their SNRI activity.
From what I have seen the SNRI effects are much weaker than tramadol's.
"It must be remembered that tapentadol is a weak serotonin reuptake inhibitor,"

pretty weird dreams on this stuff

varies slightly between palexia and indian brands, not sure how legit they are but it'd rareto find palexia outisde a pharmacy so...

there's some wierd blisters around too, winking emojis ansdabbing pola bears are not what i'd expect to find on a legit medicine

Tapentadol seems safer than tramadol in terms of seizure risk and a little stronger..however, I didn't find it as pleasant. It produced weird hallucinatory effects and not your typical opiate dreaminess but almost like false memories. Was very odd, very dissociative. Tried it a few times and never returned to it. With tramadol the extra buzz from the SNRI action can be kind of nice if you haven't any big tolerance (taking in small doses, then topping up at 30 minute intervals as i believe tramadol potentiates tramadol.) These synthetics though are strange and if you must take an opiate I'd stick to actual opiates.

Tapentadol seems safer than tramadol in terms of seizure risk and a little stronger..however, I didn't find it as pleasant. It produced weird hallucinatory effects and not your typical opiate dreaminess but almost like false memories. Was very odd, very dissociative. Tried it a few times and never returned to it. With tramadol the extra buzz from the SNRI action can be kind of nice if you haven't any big tolerance (taking in small doses, then topping up at 30 minute intervals as i believe tramadol potentiates tramadol.) These synthetics though are strange and if you must take an opiate I'd stick to actual opiates.

meaning pure opium or...?