• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking Wellbutrin not as prescribed?

ontheupandup

Greenlighter
I can’t talk Wellbutrin every day because of increased anxiety. Tried SR and XL through to their lowest dosages. I’m wanting to now try every other day. Or 3 times a week better.. This would be with buspar twice a day.

What would be a consequence from this when you’re supposed to take something every day. The half life is like 4 days..? So i would still have amounts left in? Is it throwing my body into whack by doing this or am I balancing my reaction?

I feel sustained energy when I take it. Even just one pill any random day. When I took them everyday I felt crazier in a bad way. But I’m missing my libido and it helps with that and weight loss energy focus that’s why I’m wanting to get back into it. Just want to be really careful with increased social anxiety and paranoia

Please note that half-life does not mean that half of the drug would be eliminated from the body in the same initial amounts as you take it. It means the amount of time half of the drug concentration that is currently in the body is reduced by half.

For example:

If you take the drug XYZ of dose 100mg which has a half-life of 1 hour:
At time (T) = 0, drug concentration would be 100mg.
At T = 1 hour, drug concentration would be 50mg.
At T = 2 hours, drug concentration would be 25mg.
At T = 3 hours, drug concentration would be 12.5mg.
At T = 4 hours, drug concentration would be 6.25mg.

And so on.

And NOT like this:
At time (T) = 0, 100mg
At T = 1 hour, 50mg
At T = 2 hour, 0mg

So it takes many half-lives for the drug to be completely eliminated from the body (that its effects on the body become negligible).

Last edited: