• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Taking vitamins in excess resulting in narcotic-like euphoria?

And the source that is cited for that statement doesn't say that. Wikipedia is not a reputable source. 8)

What is the health risk of too much vitamin B6?
Too much vitamin B6 can result in nerve damage to the arms and legs. This neuropathy is usually related to high intake of vitamin B6 from supplements, [22] and is reversible when supplementation is stopped. According to the Institute of Medicine, "Several reports show sensory neuropathy at doses lower than 500 mg per day" [12]. As previously mentioned, the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine has established an upper tolerable intake level (UL) for vitamin B6 of 100 mg per day for all adults [12]. "As intake increases above the UL, the risk of adverse effects increases [12]."
from http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitaminb6/

Could be possible that you felt healthier then normal and thats why you felt good. Also I think I heard somewhere that taking a lot of B12 can be stimulating and make you in a better mood (although not a narcotic speedy feeling).

Could be possible that you felt healthier then normal and thats why you felt good. Also I think I heard somewhere that taking a lot of B12 can be stimulating and make you in a better mood (although not a narcotic speedy feeling).

B Vitamins definitely got me high yesterday. Felt much like an opiate high, but with an added empathic effect.

B12 doesn't stimulate me; it makes me very tired and gives me nightmares.

Update: Euphoria from vitamins is NOT placebo. Over.

Interesting finding.

I updated my vitamin stack the other day. I ran out of my B-complex, so I bought a package of multiple vitamins (not a multi vitamin, an actual package that has several pills and capsules to take every day). In this package were a ton of other stuff I don't normally take, along with actual higher doses of B's than I was taking before.

I felt no euphoria from this, I didn't even feel good. I actually felt quite anxious that entire day, but that could be due to some minor opiate w/d symptoms. :)

I haven't taken the vitamins in a few days, I'll start again and report back.

I believe you, i swear the same thing happened to me once when i was using a juicer! it was in the morning and i had an empty stomach, i mixed a bunch of fruits/veggies and chugged two pint glasses, it almost felt like i was high, and it wasnt a psychological thing, i could feel it in my body, it reminded me of an opiate/amphetamine type feeling...really weird, it never happened again

Bravo piebald managed too figure out what healthy eating is and why many people do and encourage it !!

Eating healthy makes one feel good .

It's like using regular gas vs x20premium gas for ur car lol.
Obviously your cars engine wil work better with premium gas.

San goes for humans and their fuel being food

Interesting finding.

I updated my vitamin stack the other day. I ran out of my B-complex, so I bought a package of multiple vitamins (not a multi vitamin, an actual package that has several pills and capsules to take every day). In this package were a ton of other stuff I don't normally take, along with actual higher doses of B's than I was taking before.

I felt no euphoria from this, I didn't even feel good. I actually felt quite anxious that entire day, but that could be due to some minor opiate w/d symptoms. :)

I haven't taken the vitamins in a few days, I'll start again and report back.

Wow, the opiate w/d sucks and of course that is probably hurting your results.

I took the most B-vitamins I ever have yesterday, about 13, and I felt so happy. It was on the border of euphoria, and sometimes I would cross into it. Especially if I listened to music. It didn't last long, though, about 5 hours, and when it ended I became really unsatisfied, kind of like after a dose of Adderall that gets you high, but after the high wears off.

I thought I had gotten super hungry, but after snooping in the fridge, turned out I wasn't actually hungry. I wasn't thirsty either. I couldn't put up with myself and wasn't comfortable taking such a large dose of vitamins again in the same day, so I just went to bed. It was time for bed anyway.

Yesterday we had the most euphoric day in a loooonnnnggggg time!! I'm going to start calling sunny days 'euphoric'. :p

The sun is an amazing natural high.

Just don't use a chemical sunscreen with nanno particles which chemically alter your skin, they stop you absorbing vitamin D and also increase the risk of skin cancer. Yes, artificial sunscreens cause skin cancer. Better to use aloe vera, coco nut oil or mineral based sunscreens.

The sun is an amazing natural high.

Just don't use a chemical sunscreen with nanno particles which chemically alter your skin, they stop you absorbing vitamin D and also increase the risk of skin cancer. Yes, artificial sunscreens cause skin cancer. Better to use aloe vera, coco nut oil or mineral based sunscreens.

I've only used sunscreen once in my life (which felt horrible on my skin) and I worked for several years as a gardener spending 9 hours a day in the sun working then home to sit in the woods/garden/fields with friends until the sun went down and not once have I been sunburned or had any adverse effect.

I believe it's imperative to get some natural sunlight blanket your skin and am dead against sunscreen! It may help some, but for me personally, I will never rub a disgusting plethora of chemicals on my skin to block out natural sunlight. Just seems so backwards to me.

^ Some of us fairer skinned people need sunscreen though, or else we can't enjoy the sunlight as much as we want to. :p I bought a natural sunscreen and noticed the difference in how my skin felt after applying it right away. It didn't feel like I had coated my skin with something.

Still need to get some natural aloe vera gel for the times when I miss spots. Grrr. Got a nice burn on my shoulder blades and neck from missing about a half an inch along my tank top line. 8(

Ouch! Yeah mix a few drops Lavender Oil in with the Aloe Gel and a bit of Olive Oil and Honey also. That will soothe it really nicely :)

I've only used sunscreen once in my life (which felt horrible on my skin) and I worked for several years as a gardener spending 9 hours a day in the sun working then home to sit in the woods/garden/fields with friends until the sun went down and not once have I been sunburned or had any adverse effect.

I believe it's imperative to get some natural sunlight blanket your skin and am dead against sunscreen! It may help some, but for me personally, I will never rub a disgusting plethora of chemicals on my skin to block out natural sunlight. Just seems so backwards to me.

Mind you the sun here in Australia is a lot stronger, if not the strongest in the entire world. Scotland would have a rather weakish sun although you can still get sun burnt during summer no doubt.

During summer I stay out of the sun between 10 am and 4 pm.
Will get some natural sun protection (aloe vera and mineral based sunscreens) before November this year.

Good choice on not using those toxic sunscreens mate!

^ Some of us fairer skinned people need sunscreen though, or else we can't enjoy the sunlight as much as we want to. :p I bought a natural sunscreen and noticed the difference in how my skin felt after applying it right away. It didn't feel like I had coated my skin with something.

Still need to get some natural aloe vera gel for the times when I miss spots. Grrr. Got a nice burn on my shoulder blades and neck from missing about a half an inch along my tank top line. 8(

Yeah Im European so I cant stay out for too long or I get burnt.
That regular sunscreen, feels so oily, once me and my mate put on so much that we had a really hard time washing it off.

Get some aloe vera for your sun burn! Actually I need to get a plant :)

Mind you the sun here in Australia is a lot stronger, if not the strongest in the entire world. Scotland would have a rather weakish sun although you can still get sun burnt during summer no doubt.

During summer I stay out of the sun between 10 am and 4 pm.
Will get some natural sun protection (aloe vera and mineral based sunscreens) before November this year.

Good choice on not using those toxic sunscreens mate!

Yeah I didn't mean to come across so righteous and preachy! Most people I know here get sunburned, I guess i'm just lucky (or not? Im the only one I know who doesn't get sunburned and im the only one I know who doesn't use sunscreen and never has - this isn't the conspiracy theory forums though ;))....and aye the Scottish sun is ALOT weaker than the Australian sun I imagine.

Right now it's 14 degrees C and absolutely lovely (compared to usual!) - this is about the peak of how nice it's gonna get this Summer probably

Where are you from yourself? You live in Oz now?

Yeah I didn't mean to come across so righteous and preachy! Most people I know here get sunburned, I guess i'm just lucky (or not? Im the only one I know who doesn't get sunburned and im the only one I know who doesn't use sunscreen and never has - this isn't the conspiracy theory forums though ;))....and aye the Scottish sun is ALOT weaker than the Australian sun I imagine.

Right now it's 14 degrees C and absolutely lovely (compared to usual!) - this is about the peak of how nice it's gonna get this Summer probably

Where are you from yourself? You live in Oz now?

Haha you are fine matey :)
Its cold up here, about 13-15 during the day and 4-7 at night.

Im from Melbourne. Been living in OZ for over 18 years now :)