• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking Suboxone/Subutex after short term high doses of Methadone?

egymo

Greenlighter
Hey all!
I've been getting great info from people here on bluelight for years but this is my first post so let me first thank every one here for all the excellent info over the years before getting to my question.

A little background info to make things clearer:
I've been shooting H for the last 5 years.
5+ grams a day for the last 2 years.
At the beginning Subutex worked great for me even when I took it within 12 hours after my last heroin use. But my later experiences were extremely frustrating as I would go into PWD even after waiting more than 24 hours before taking the Sub.

Anyway I just managed to detox using Methadone for 6 days. I used 100mg for the first 4 days, 80mg on the 5th, and 60mg on my 6th and last day using Methadone.
That last Methadone dose was 11 days ago and I was fortunate enough not to go through withdrawals from the 6 days of Methadone. My mood has even been getting better each day.
Now would I be able to take Suboxone/Subutex without going through any withdrawals? Or is there a chance my Methadone withdrawals are yet to start, 10 days after my last dose?

I have a couple of Sub pills and want to know if I could use them when I start craving H instead of relapsing.
Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be totally in the clear to take buprenorphine 11 days after last taking methadone. I have know people who kept a small amount of buprenorphine around to use when cravings got bad, and they've seemed to managed it well and just stopped using the buprenorphine when they run out (or just don't need all of it).

If you really start using again in the near future, consider a longer course of ORT.

Thanks a lot for the reply!
I've been waiting to get an answer in fear of waking up one day with real strong cravings.
And I'm hoping I won't start using again, I really think this time is it.
5 years of using is a long enough run to have tasted both pure bliss and never ending hell, and figure out that if I keep using it will only be more of the latter.
Thanks again for replying.