Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking Oxycodone, Tramadol, and Trpping on Robo

caden_g59

Greenlighter
Hello everyone

I am new to this site haha so sorry mods if this is posted in the wrong place. I just have a few questions.

Okay so basically here's the deal. Me and a friend yesterday purchased two bottles of Robitussin. We picked up the bottles where the only active ingredient is dextromethorphan (DXM). Neither of us have ever tripped on Robo before. However, me and him both have a ton of experience with opiates. We have a lot of experience with Percs, Vikes, Tramadol, etc. Would it be safe for us to take 7.5mg of hydro, 150mg of tramadol, and 354mg of robo (a whole bottle) each? I am 5'8 about 130 lbs, and my friend is 5'9 and around 115 lbs. I just really want to be safe because I have overdosed on lean and know what that's like. We have a pretty good opiate tolerance as well.

So any help would be much appreciated. And once again sorry if i posted this in the wrong place like I said I literally just created this account haha. Also, obviously I know oxy and tramadol aren't psychedelics but I'd consider a robo one.

Last edited:
DO NOT, WHATEVER YOU DO, TAKE THE TRAMADOL. I'm about 90% sure that dxm + tramadol usually results in death. I'm pretty sure opiates and dxm are also very dangerous to take together.

DXM and tramadol is a definite no go! serotonin syndrome can kill you.

DO NOT, WHATEVER YOU DO, TAKE THE TRAMADOL. I'm about 90% sure that dxm + tramadol usually results in death. I'm pretty sure opiates and dxm are also very dangerous to take together.
Listen to Jackplays! Tramadol and DXM should NEVER be combined for risk of serotonin syndrome. Also, DXM potentiates opioids, including their respiratory depression, so they can also be a quite dangerous combo.

Last edited:
And with opioids like oxy or hydro, I think some of them but not all, you can increase chances of seizures and SS - mostly not an issue until used in combination.

^^^ Listen to these guys! also, your title is "Taking Oxycodone, Tramadol and Tripping on Robo" but in your post you reference taking hydro, tramadol and DXM. Just wanted to point out that hydro is short for hydrocodone (Vicodin, Norco, Lortab, etc) which, while also being an opioid, is a different drug than oxycodone (OxyContin, Perocet, Percodan, etc.) Just throwing that out there! Also wanted to mention that the danger in the combo you're attempting is the tramadol. Subbing a more traditional opiate such as codeine or morphine would be much better. Even a more "normal" opioid combo like hydrocodone and oxycodone would be safer. But even if you are avoiding the risk of Serotonin Syndrome by nixing the tramadol, combining different opioids/opiates can increase the risk of overdose, as can adding DXM, which is a dissociative and can greatly potentiate the effects of opioids/opiates.

What if I took the hydro and tramadols around 2:30? It's currently 6:10 and we were planning on taking the robo tonight around 10:30-11:00. Would that be safe?

I have been doing dextromethorphan, powder and syrup, for 12 years and have taken it with a variety of other drugs. The DXM high is very intense without add ons except maybe propylhexadrine. More is definantly not better. The DXM high will trump most other highs due to the dissociative qualities.

Dextromethorphan and Tramadol is a no go. However, you could take Hydrocone, but why would you want to? Dextromethorphan is a dissociative, so you already will sort of have a 'painkiller effect' from it. I don't see any point of taking Hydrocone or any opiates with DXM or even with weed, I like my opiates best alone.

What if I took the hydro and tramadols around 2:30? It's currently 6:10 and we were planning on taking the robo tonight around 10:30-11:00. Would that be safe?
no it would not be safe

but I'm sure you guys went along anyway :|

Combining the Tramadol with DXM is extremely dangerous even if you space them out by 12-48 hours. You would have to wait at least three days between the two to be able to take them safely. Even if you don't die from mixing DXM and Tramadol the experience would likely be extremely uncomfortable. Cold sweating, shaking, headachy, vomiting, passing out the list of terrible side effects goes on and on. Someone else got on this board a month or so ago and asked about combining DXM with prescription meds including an SSRI. The individual died from the combo and his Facebook is linked with his old BL account.

I wanted to say it was a no go, but when I looked at the dangerous combos index page I saw nothing about it. Perhaps we should update that...

Good idea, then don't forget to include tramadol in the possible/potentially dangerous list for pretty much all psychedelics as well. It is apparently not common but still a bad idea regarding SS and seizures. If you like, I can try going over it and see if perhaps something might be missing and PM you guys. Preferably when I got some ritalin in me. Also

- Mirtazapine with beta blockers would be a bad idea since blocking alpha and beta adrenoceptors can lead to dangerously low blood pressure and things like that.
- Whats so dangerous about alcohol with MXE or 3-meo-PCP?
- Stimulants with some of the dissociatives seems like it can be much worse..
- MAOIs + 5-MeO trypts = bad idea!?

Last edited:
Aside from the tramadol, be careful with any opioids as dxm will potentiate them, idk to what extent, I think there's a lot of variation. Just be careful, I'd be conservative with the oxy dose.

I wanted to say it was a no go, but when I looked at the dangerous combos index page I saw nothing about it. Perhaps we should update that...

Yeah that page doesn't cover everything, its not very extensive when it comes to opioids, but I think its safe to assume to never mix an SSRI, SNRI, or MAOI with dxm. Just not worth the risk.

This is an update post.

Me and my friend did do all the shit, and everything went great. Trip was amazing. But I'm not going to combine them in the future because of the stuff I read. We could have just gotten lucky this time. But thanks everyone for the heads up.

Last edited:
I removed the last post, unnecessary man, the guy was just trying to be helpful.