• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Taking opioids with anti-psychotics? (need answers ASAP)

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
My doctor won't prescribe me any sleeping meds with addiction potential (although I very occasionally get like half a dozen Zopiclone). I used to be on Quetiapine for psychosis (Psychotic Depression) but took myself off it.
I went to my G.P last week and got her to prescribe me low-dose Quetiapine for sleep as I always found it effective for that and she agreed and gave me 140 25mg pills.
I want to take either one or two tonight, but will that have any opioid-blocking effects (since it blocks dopamine) or will it just increase the sedation?

In my opinion 25-200 Is usless for me I take 450mg Seroquel but I guess if it works for you so be it to me 25-50mg won't do anything to the opiates in my opinion

In my opinion 25-200 Is usless for me I take 450mg Seroquel but I guess if it works for you so be it to me 25-50mg won't do anything to the opiates in my opinion

Seroquel is actually LESS sedating the more of it you take. 25mg to 100mg is what is usually the dose prescribed for sleep because that is the dosage that is most sedating. This is because it mostly just has hypnotic and anti-histaminergic effects. Depending on the individual, it's anti-psychotic properties begin taking place somewhere between 100mg and 200mg - with 200-800mg/day usually given for psychosis - and this somehow negates the sleep-inducing effect. High doses of Quetiapine can actually cause difficulty sleeping. I'm sure someone on here who's more informed than me will know why the drug has this unusual effect.
I also find it I take more than 100mg it makes me drowsy well into the next day. I also find I don't get the carb cravings or weight gain if I keep to this dose.

I hopefully won't get a tolerance because I plan to only take it when I need to.

Seroquel is actually LESS sedating the more of it you take. 25mg to 100mg is what is usually the dose prescribed for sleep because that is the dosage that is most sedating. This is because it mostly just has hypnotic and anti-histaminergic effects. Depending on the individual, it's anti-psychotic properties begin taking place somewhere between 100mg and 200mg - with 200-800mg/day usually given for psychosis - and this somehow negates the sleep-inducing effect. High doses of Quetiapine can actually cause difficulty sleeping. I'm sure someone on here who's more informed than me will know why the drug has this unusual effect.
I also find it I take more than 100mg it makes me drowsy well into the next day. I also find I don't get the carb cravings or weight gain if I keep to this dose.

I hopefully won't get a tolerance because I plan to only take it when I need to.

I know this is what they tell you but I guranntee if you took 450mg with no tolerance you'd be asleep within an hour it works better than ambien Xanax haldol and thorazine and doxepin it puts these medications to shame litterally I could take 50-200 mg Seroquel in the day and won't notice any sedation so all that talk means nothing to me what the doctors tell you ain't always the case

You prob believe that codiene has a ceiling dosage as well that's just the dumbest thing I've ever heard so all those people drankin hella syrup just wasting

And also I've been on Seroquel for a long time at least 3 years

I know this is what they tell you but I guranntee if you took 450mg with no tolerance you'd be asleep within an hour it works better than ambien Xanax haldol and thorazine and doxepin it puts these medications to shame litterally I could take 50-200 mg Seroquel in the day and won't notice any sedation so all that talk means nothing to me what the doctors tell you ain't always the case

You prob believe that codiene has a ceiling dosage as well that's just the dumbest thing I've ever heard so all those people drankin hella syrup just wasting

And also I've been on Seroquel for a long time at least 3 years

I used to be on 600mg Seroquel a day. I took up to 1800mg a few times and found it impossible to sleep.
I wouldn't know with codeine. I only take it when I'm in opiate withdrawal and have nothing else. Even then never more than 300mg throughout the day as I have an awfully strong histaminergic reaction to them. It DOES NOT go away with tolerance, either.
I'm on Dihydrocodeine and - taking to 990mg/day - have never experienced a ceiling dose. Most people on here claim that codeine does have one, though. Do you have any evidence that it doesn't (like experiments, articles, experiences etc)?

I just looked this up on Drugs.com using their interactions checker. Since both drugs are CNS depressants there is the general concern about the dangers of combining them, but there's no specific interactions that apply only to quetiapine.

I'd say be careful of the combined CNS depression by lowering your opioid dose when you use the quetiapine to stay on the safe side there.

990mg of DHC is a fucking lot! But no, DHC does not have any ceiling dose, only regular codeine does.

Makes me need more anti psychotics give u restless legs the opiates help also on on quetiapine one of the most sedating drugs kills a upper high if I take one
Might potentiate a little not sure I would think if not used to them it would make the high worse I think there's a certain anti psychotic what does potentiate it horrible when in withdrawal and u take quetiapine