• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking Kratom (& others) with no effects?

imnotcreative

Greenlighter
Sorry that this thread maybe hard to read because I suck at English

I only feel Kratom when I take other sedatives with it. And I still do not get euphoria, warmness, or an altered state of mind from this. I have taken up to 25g before and the only effect is that it made it easier to walk. I can definitely feel something when I take it with Xanax, but it mainly just feels like...potentiated Xanax. One day however, I noticed that after taking Kratom with Xanax and then smoking a very small amount of weed, I became a lot more aware of my bones' existence as well as the pains that have existed in disguise (explained in the next few sentences). And I could tell that it was killing the pain.
I wonder if pain can make it so you won't feel as much of a high from painkillers. I do not experience that much pain on the daily, but I am only 18 and ever since the age of 5 I have had some pretty noticeable pains in different areas of my body (scoliosis-related shit). However, over time because of not getting it treated, I think my body has learned to block out the pain. I basically just believe that the pain exists, but I cannot feel it due to some sort of dissociation. Do you guys think I might be right on the dot? Or is there something else I'm not thinking of?
For the record: I once tried 40mg of Percocet crushed up and sublingually dissolved after smoking weed. It made my voice extremely deep, raspy, and I definitely felt like my headspace was altered. I felt light when walking and at one point I started to nod (I may have taken Hydroxizine, but weed in combination with sedatives makes me extremely sleepy anyways [i.e. weed+alcohol]). Still no euphoria or warmth at all though.
I've heard that opioids and stuff have very different effects on different people, but how the hell do I not feel anything from 25g of Kratom?! I mean, then again, I've taken multiple potent weed edibles before, but only felt the CBD, sooo maybe my stomach or liver is just stupid? I did need intestinal surgery at only a few months old and my metabolism is ridiculously fast, so Idk if this might effect it? Higher metabolism = shorter lasting, intense bursts of energy. So maybe I am just an upper person? Who fuckin' knows whats wrong with me?

maybe your opiate tolerance is too high for kratom to work?

does anyone know of any other ingestion routes for kratom?

Doesn't sounds like the OP has a tolerance to opioids, but if that were the case it would make the most sense.

If they don't have a tolerance, it's probably the quality of the kratom their using that's the problem (sorry, can't help you find better quality sources for kratom on BL).

Besides that, it is also possible that kratom doesn't affect you like it does others, but my money is on poor quality gear.

Perhaps try an extract product, where alcohol or something is used to extract kratom's alkaloids. If it's an intestinal/GI issue that's preventing you from feeling the effects, that should help the drugs get into you system.

There are lot of ingestion routes for kratom: oral (probably the best), rectal (should really only be done with extracts or tea, not plant material), smoking (huge waste IMO) and intranasal (please don't, ESPECIALLY not with plant material). It goes without saying, but injection use should be avoided.

There are a variety of ways to use it orally, from making a tea to taking an extract to taking pulverized leaf in capsules to parachuting ground leaf.