• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Taking Hydrocodone after Fioricet

DestinationCTR

Greenlighter
Hey all! I experience horrible pain from migraine. I usually take Fioricet, although sometimes it's not effective. I took 2 about 2 hours ago and this is one of those times it isn't helping. I have some Norco left over from a recent surgery. Can I take one of these 10mg tablets to try and get some relief? Does the Fioricet block the effects of Hydrocodone? Thanks!

Hey all! I experience horrible pain from migraine. I usually take Fioricet, although sometimes it's not effective. I took 2 about 2 hours ago and this is one of those times it isn't helping. I have some Norco left over from a recent surgery. Can I take one of these 10mg tablets to try and get some relief? Does the Fioricet block the effects of Hydrocodone? Thanks!
Well Fiorcet contains butalbital which is a barbiturate, taking an opioid while still under the influence of a barbiturate will greatly enhance the effects of both drugs and could potentially be unsafe.

Do you have a tolerance to opioids or barbiturates/other sedatives?

What is Fioricet?
Fioricet contains a combination of acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine Acetaminophen is a pain reliever and fever reducer. Butalbital is in a group of drugs called barbiturates. It relaxes muscle contractions involved in a tension headache. Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. It relaxes muscle contractions in blood vessels to improve blood flow.

based on this ^ the fioricet should counter its own sedative effects via the caffeine that being said i cant see this combo doing too much harm but remember, never take too much at once, you can always take more but never less
stay safe
~zonxx

There is in fact Fiorinal With Codeine so the synergy is known and used clinically. Caffeine is also the key to the efficacy of various combinations against most types of headaches . . . Fioricet, Norco, aspirin and caffeine tablets are a combination I know that works for that purpose.