• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Taking amphetamines for study in the evening?

ojaysmoke

Greenlighter
During university I often used amphetamine sulphate to help me when studying for exams or writing a paper, mostly in the last weeks before a deadline. Due to my flexible university schedule I wasn't very worried about waking up early and would often stay up late to finish my work, sleeping at around 3 or 4am with the help of a pre-bed joint. also as I was taking it quite regularly the side-effects such as insomnia did not affect me a great deal.

I have rarely used amphetamines in the last few months and will require their assistance with a paper I have to submit with a short deadline. However, now im working a 9-5 office job and can only study after I get back from work, so probably around 6. I am worried that now with my lower tolerance I would struggle to get to bed at a reasonable time if I take the amp at 6pm.

what would you guys recommend? I considered maybe taking it whilst at work but that would waste the first few hours of it and I dont really need it at work.
also changing the ROA, i know insufflating it has a quicker onset and a shorter duration, would this be a good approach to take?

I also have access to zopiclone however im wary of regularly using it to sleep.

I would consider taking it while at work, only so it wears off around bedtime. I' know you don't need it for work, but it sounds like a small trade off for the ability to work on a paper. Give it a shot.
If you just cannot take it at work, you'll have to experiment with dialing down the dosage and taking it when you need it.

Also consider that yo will need much less, especially since you aren't tring to catch a buzz just focus and study, right? How much did you take before when you had a tolerance and were using it regularly? If you have several month with little or no usage, if we are talking Adderall, I would say no more than 10 mg and take your sleep med then go directly to bed. It's not like you will be doing this every night, right?

Also consider that yo will need much less, especially since you aren't tring to catch a buzz just focus and study, right? How much did you take before when you had a tolerance and were using it regularly? If you have several month with little or no usage, if we are talking Adderall, I would say no more than 10 mg and take your sleep med then go directly to bed. It's not like you will be doing this every night, right?

Excellent point.

+ $0.02, Don't dose the meth at work if you have to drive home under the influence.

If you have an upcoming paper with a short deadline, then just suck it up and take the amps after work and finish the paper and then detox. I would recommended using an instant release formulation.

Take a very low dose of Dexedrine or Adderall 5-15mg orally while you are still at work. DO NOT redose. Make sure you eat food and stay hydrated.

If you do not have access to amphetamines, or only have access to crystal meth only, just drink a lot of black tea or coffee. I would drink a lot of black tea while at university when I would stay up and write 10-12 page papers that were due the next day.