• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Tackling the bigger issues - Gay education to kids

Life - a

What would you say in the case of a child comming into the world with an overly feminine father and masculine mother that were BOTH hetrosexual?

life-a said:
and for the record, my gay freinds dont need to run down the street in gold lame pants annoucing their sexuality. THEY think that that makes a novelty out of there sexuality. THAT, they DONT like.

as far as seeking rights, the homosexual community use their sexuality as a platform, so dont tell me to think about the rights that are afforded me. i dont use my sexuality as a platform for anything.

ive just worked out who you are, mrs lovejoy from the simpsons right? "wont somebody please think of the children"

i think that you and i might actually slightly agree on something here, no sarcasm this time. i dont feel the need to run down the street with a pride flag draped around my shoulders and i think that it is unnecessary for others to do so except for one time of the year: mardi gras. just because i am a homosexual it doesnt mean i let it define who i am and i certainly dont feel the need to push it in peoples faces.

GLBT people are denied rights BECAUSE of their sexuality so it is only natural that when seeking them it is a prominant factor. you dont use your sexuality as a platform because you arent denied anything because of it. if law dictated that you were allowed to be payed a substantially less minimum wage as a straight male im sure it would be a different story

are you this open with your gay friends about your opinions?

Last edited:
life-a said:
who is to say that YOU arent misguided ? as for choices, i have the choice to be with a guy. i choose not to.

homosexuality isnt a choice. people are born that way, there are several studies that are supporting this and im more than happy to post links for you if you would like. you have the choice to be with a guy but unless you arent telling us something it wouldnt come naturally for you. hetero people dont choose to fantasise about the opposite sex, they just do because it is in their nature. the same goes for homosexuals

life-a said:
the rights i am afforded to me are that of that i can provide a 2 gender parentage to a child. THEY have the RIGHT to that. and its about the children here, not the selfishness of adults. as far as seeking rights, the homosexual community use their sexuality as a platform, so dont tell me to think about the rights that are afforded me. i dont use my sexuality as a platform for anything.

you place a lot of emphasis on the importants of a 2 gender parentage, im curious as to what you see the main benefits are compared to single sex parentage? what are your thoughts on sole parents?

homosexuality isnt a choice. people are born that way

I would disagree there. I personally believe human babies are born blank slates. Their highly alert and sensitive minds create their whole present and future. I dont think people are born gay. I think what is at work here is a butterfly effect of the mind. Its all about randomness. Just look outside your window. Look at the trees and bushes. Look at animals. Nature is just one random rag tag soup of everything imaginable. If you put things in perspective homosexuality and all its effects on society are JUST as legitimate as anything else. Anywhere. There is basically no rhyme or reason in nature. I think thats bloody awesome. :)

This is a very interesting site semi-relative to this issue. It discusses all forms of what psychiatry would deem "sexual disorder".

http://burknet.com/robsfantasy/index2.html

Last edited:
On the topic of the mardi gras and gay people "flaunting" their sexuality, i have to say that's a bit of a cop out that i've been hearing for years from people who are homophobic

hetro people have rights automatically so don't need to have a pride parade because they already ARE accepted. Mardi gras isn't about flaunting your sexuality. It's more about being able to be free about it for one night of the year.

oh and also.... it's pretty simple to explain homosexuality to children. It goes something like this ... some girls like girls and some boys like boys just like girls and boys like each other. Love has no age, gender or colour.

easy

homosexuality spells the end of the human race.

except for hot lesbians.

bring on more of them.

not everyone is going to be gay though.... i don't think the planet is doomed

but seriously... i think it is a little wrong...

the majority of kids come from straight families...

speak to any little boy under the age of 12, and he'll tell you girls have girl's germs and that they are "yuk".. most say they'll never like a girl...

so when a boy's hormones start to change, and he starts liking girls, he's going to become as confused as fuck, cause he'll have been told that it's "okay" and "normal" to like boys.. so he'll start to notice a "bad" change within himself.. which is simply the hormones taking over...

like everything else, let kids be kids... and wait till they are old enough to make their own decisions.........................................

life-a said:
homosexuality is another type of sexuality. kids dont need to know about sexuality until they at least hit ten years of age. bottom line, its the adultification of children that i dont like.

as far as family "structures" go, gays cant make a family naturally. do we need also to inform children of the politics surrounding gay life at that age, if at all as children ?

they should be busy learning mathematics and geography, not about the world of homosexuality, for godness sake.

gays, like all other people, need to realise that they dont have the RIGHT to ANYTHING, they have responsibilitys. rights just because you are of a certain sexual persuasion ? BULLSHIT.

you have the responsibility to keep children as just that. children are, for wnat of a better expression, "hard wired" to NEED a mother and father. not about deserving it, but about thats the way we are made.

try building a "house" with all "female" or all "male" joints and see just how strong it is...

GOT IT IN ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHILDREN DO NOT NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY OR ANY SORT OF SEXUALITY, LET THEM JUST BE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the bottom line! And to be honest it does get really annoying when it almost seems like gay people are forcing themselves on the rest of society. I know they just want the same respect that anyone else gets but they need to understand that there are people out there who think homosexuality is wrong. I am one of them but that doesn't mean I am a bigot it just means that I don't agree with their choice of lifestyle.

^^ Yes agreed.

But as we evolve that definition of "kid" is always changing. Homosexuality is more visable now. All teaching them about it is doing is softening the blow. If they are approched by it or see it happening somewhere they will be able to see it for what it really is. Instead of building up pre-concieved predjudices. It's not as if they are having classes on homosexuality. References to it are nessesary. Think about how much kids today are so different to kids 100 years ago. More importantly, how different the world is!

I don't understand why children should be taught about any kind of sexuality.

Is it to save embarrassment in social situations ("Mummy, why does that girl have two daddies?")? Kids will do that about everything - why is that guy in a wheelchair, that lady is really fat, what's wrong with her face, etc.

Kids learn roles and relationships from the social context they're born into. In the same way that Johnny-With-Two-Daddies won't be actively taught about heterosexuality in kindergarten, neither should my daughters need to be taught about homosexuality.

Not because I'm homophobic, far from it! I just don't think sexuality and sexual attraction in general is a suitable topic for little kids. Why don't they wait till sex ed in Year 7?

^^Teaching kids about sexuality will give them a reference point when they are put in the situation where they face it. Sex is everywhere. It's unavoidable. Id rather my kid have an understanding of what it really is then have to be sheltered from it while having pre-conceived notions that will one day turn into prejudice. Who are we to stay when its THEIR right or wrong time to know?

my 2c.

Honestly I know some straight hetro people who should not be breeding at all and some gay couples who would make great parents.

What does mommy and daddys sexual preference got to do with raising a child in a loving home when theres thousands of unwanted and unloved kids out there? Surely society would better benefit from a child raised in a home where they're both loved and wanted no matter what their parents sexual preference is.

Sorry, Droned, If Points Been Covered, Cover 'Em

life-a said:
your(sic -ed. I'm such a sick ed...) not listening either... homosexuality isnt a "real concept", lets ALL become homosexual and see how long we last... :\

^
We coulda prayed that it happened a generation before.

I agree with anna(!),
mostly,
til' ten(ish)...
...unless you have askin' kids...
...then you gotta do...

Personally,
my pez never had 'a talk' with me,
an' I think I got the jist.

Tolerance, honesty & love should fill in tha blanks.

An' Mikey Bolt's not gay,
poor guy,
jus'ta icon.
Like You Turkey.

An' for another disagree
'meant for Dr. N'd-
what makes you believe 'childs'
donna have some form of inherent stamp?
Jus' curious....
You don't reckon anythin' is chemical/bio/naturally-occurin'-via-physicallity?

O.K., he's gay.

It's playschool all over again

Originally posted by DoofQueen
it's pretty simple to explain homosexuality to children. It goes something like this ... some girls like girls and some boys like boys just like girls and boys like each other. Love has no age, gender or colour.

Well said

anna! said:
Why don't they wait till sex ed in Year 7?

maybe because some kids have already been called a fag whilst being punched in the head for more than a few years by then?