• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Tackling depression with ketamine

Agreed, all the above.

And Capt yes I'm sadly aware of the politics behind health'"care"' in the USA. It's disgusting.

Actually it does make me feel better to think of the meds as Swiped more often than drizzled down the drain.

Obama was trying to do the right thing by reforming the system but is a closeted Republican (I'm very critical of Obama, but at least he wasn't a sexual predator) and gave into still letting private insurance companies rule the system. We could have nationalized health care. We didn't. It's important to realize that the ACA was a weak step towards nationalized health care, and it wasn't enough, and it wasn't going to last forever considering how badly people don't care about public health.

He should have gone full out for nationalization, but alas, that probably would have never worked either.

SORRY I shouldn't bring up CEP stuff.

Yeah I know there's a separate forum for that discussion but damn a person Cannot actually talk about Drugs / Health/ mental health or any damn thing without at least Recognizing the sad sad state of affairs in our "public health system"--- the main thing being as you say, that NOBODY gives a Fuck.

Ketamine makes me feel like I want to kill myself when Im high on it. I do remember like 8 years ago reading something on BL that said small doses of Ketamine cure depression. Now they are trying it in Canada now too I hear. First post in years

My experience with ketamine was such a nightmare, I personally CANNOT imagine anyone willingly using it for any reason. I admit that i am incredibly prejudiced Against the use of high dose ketamine (anything over 40mg)

Lol Idk maybe. Or maybe were just all extremely lucid and the world is just extremely odd

Lol Idk maybe. Or maybe were just all extremely lucid and the world is just extremely odd

It's certainly NOT what it used to be. They say the Industrial Revolution was the Age of greatest social reform in the USA. I think that's been out-done.
My lifetimes seen sooooooo much societal change it boggles the mind.

Or has It? Maybe this is all a dream. That's the beauty of the world to me, none of us really know wtf is going on. It's all a matter of perception and all of us perceive differently

I have to think in more Concrete terms, in order to cope w my life.

The only time I've really considered things in a "possibly there are Other Explanations " light, is when say a Death in the family occurred or something toooooo large to wrap my mind around.

I'm kind of just floating in the ether. Everything is fluid around me looking for beauty where once there was none.

Certainly any philosophy or even (I dare say ) any Substance that proves to better someones life/ situation, as long as it helps and doesn't hurt, oneself or others, then I have to say I fully support such things.

Well thats a better reaction than most lol. Most people think I'm nutters, I mean I am to an extent.

Lol now your thinking like me. Half of my thought process is philosophical.

I am forever steering my kids awaaaaaaay from the subjunctive. Dwelling there leads (esp the young) to far too much anxiety.

Lol I don't blame you. It's more of a coping mechanism for me, plus I've always been a bit eccentric.

I think so too. That's the sort of people I draw to me, and am drawn to. Hence why the Christian girl didn't work out, too normal.

Most people seem to hate dissociatives. When one is experiencing treatment resistant depression NMDA antagonists can be a huge breath of fresh air.

There are quite a few private clinics that now offer ketamine treatment. Part of me feels it isn’t always properly used, or rather there improper triage practices, but I’m also glad it’s getting more accessible than it was circa 2010.

There is another ketamine trial going on at university I have class at. I am going to look into it. For those who can deal with the side effects of dissociates and don’t fall into daily high dose use for long periods of time, really remarkable stuff. I doubt I would have been able to get off methadone so easily without these kinds of drugs.