• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

t.h.c. potency test?

^ Great first post. :D

But since this has been brought back from the dead anyways.. Nowadays you have do it yourself tests making use of thin layer chromatography, the product is called "Cannalytics" (previously "Cannalyse"), sets you back bout 150-200 per 50 tests or so (iirc). It's pretty accurate, it gives a pretty good view of the cannabinoid profile.

yes im the official weed tester mann, for a small fee ill smoke ur bud and let u know how it is, ill even wave the first fee lol

^ Great first post. :D

But since this has been brought back from the dead anyways.. Nowadays you have do it yourself tests making use of thin layer chromatography, the product is called "Cannalytics" (previously "Cannalyse"), sets you back bout 150-200 per 50 tests or so (iirc). It's pretty accurate, it gives a pretty good view of the cannabinoid profile.

That's great! I didn't know those existed. That is now definately high on my list of purchasing priorities

By the way ... I ve read some of your responses and i know you guys must all smoke as much as me , there are some really stupid answers haha

send a SMALL sample to a drug lab and ask them to analyze it and send you the results. say something like you'd like to know what the levels of thc are in the weed thats in your area or some shit.

get them to EMAIL you the results if they can.

Well if you dont have anything decent i can give a few suggestions on how to get a comparable standard. Buy a milligram scale. Tare the weight you 5 or 6 vials or something glass with no label that you have a few of. Go out and buy 5 clearly different batches of bud. Weigh a exact ammount of each bud. Say 1g in the vial and 1g for smoking. Smoke the 1g set aside and write down how baked you are, maybe play a game to see how you react. After repeating with the different types and your own. Then take 3 ml of everclear or methanol, petether, whatever. And soak your weed for the same ammount of time each. Take a turkey baster (a pepette would be better) and draw a line on it, take out the same ammount of liquid per vial of extracted weed. Put it into your tared vials. wait for it to evap, then take your finals. This should give you a solid reference of how much soluble cannabinoids and other chems to the stoned that you had. Now i know this isnt perfect by a long shot but without any equipment that will draw eyes its about the best i can think of. If you want to get tricky see if you can get your self some Silica TLC plates (thin layer chromatography) and spot a tiny ammount on plate and then run in a sealed jar with pet ether (i can check the easiest and most appropriate solvents if you ask) and then because im assuming you dont have a multiwavelength UV lamp you should get iodine from the chemist in a another jar and stain the plate. The spots of each chemical will go a dark brown, compare size and height and if you can tell me the solvent i will probably be able to tell you the relevant RF so you can compare the THC spots (size, saturation....)

Or the much funner method invite 4 friends around and make them each smoke a couple of grams. should tell you just as much.

ps
Just had a lot at the cannalytics yeah its just a tlc system, it would probably be cheaper then every step that i suggested but a shit load less fun.

Last edited:
i always give my weed the ol' 'blackout' test. i'll smoke through a bowl really quick while driving on the freeway... ill hold each hit in a long time, then exhale, then pretty much immediately take another hit. if, by the end of the bowl, i get that nitrous-y weed blackout sensation, then i'll know it's the kill.... no way to measure percentages though.

LMAO I prefer doing it behind the controls of a helicopter myself

i always give my weed the ol' 'blackout' test. i'll smoke through a bowl really quick while driving on the freeway... ill hold each hit in a long time, then exhale, then pretty much immediately take another hit. if, by the end of the bowl, i get that nitrous-y weed blackout sensation, then i'll know it's the kill.... no way to measure percentages though.

no, moron, thats oxygen deprivation. nothing to do with wether or not its good weed or not.

the stupidity of some people amazes me.

yeah, im joking, i usually just test the potency alone in my room, but if i DO happen to have just bought a sack, and im on the freeway, i won't hesitate to smoke a bowl of that shit. i know im just a terrible influence or whatever, but i've been smoking and driving since sophomore year, and it hasn't negatively affected my driving skills ever, never gotten in a wreck, never been close, etc... But that's just me, folks. Don't try that. I should really be more responsible. Oh well.

please hurry up and lose your license before you hurt someone else.