View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Syrian rue seeds? what should I do with them

INDK

Bluelighter
Ive been holding onto a ounce of some syrian rue seeds I got awhile back when I was planning on making ayahuasca. Well multiple dmt experiences later im not to sure if I wanna experience something liek that for that long. I doubt anything could ever come close to what I experienced with dmt IV'ed. And I dont exactly have a nice safe place for the duration of a ayahuasca experience. Is their anything else I can do with the seeds. Ive heard of people using the seeds alone is that recreational at all or worth the experience. Or should I just waite for the right time and brew myself some ayahuasca

The seeds aren't recreational. Maybe you could toast them as incense.

ya that's what I figured...o well. I guess I'll have to just save them for a possible MAOI the next time I get some mimmosa hostilis root bark. Even though syrian rue incense sounds so tempting. I bet it even smells better then the spice that's supposed to be used for incense.

Grind 3g (about a teaspoon) to powder and consume. On its own actually it does create a mild altered sensation that some find recreational. Makes weed seem more psychedelic. And 1.5g of shrooms will feel like 3, be calmer with less anxiety, and feel like there is a "guiding presence" in the room with you. At least that's what they do for me and friends of mine.

And smoking the ground seed powder has a psychoactive effect as well... a mild buzzing. But it does NOT smell nice like incense at all IMO... rather gross actually, like burning caraway seeds.

Yeah I'm curious to try the seeds on their own. Also you can extract pure harmine with nothing more than a cloth, some coffee filters, distilled vinegar, baking soda and non-iodised salt, which is pretty fun, if you like that sort of thing.

I'm surprised nobody said this but please please read up on dietary adjustments needed for taking an MAOI. It's important to watch what you eat for a little while before/after you take the MAOI, and even more important to make sure you don't have any drugs in you which rely on the MAO system to be cleared from your body.

Be safe man, good luck with the future ayahuasca.

If you do insist on taking the rue seeds by themselves try a very small dose first. A gram left me sick to my guts for hours with a splitting headache. Absolutely no pleasurable effects whatsoever.

Definitely be safe with an MAOI.

Still, I run extracts on Syrian Rue (not isolating the Harmaline though) to get telepathic effects with other hallucinogens.
This is a phenomenon that is supposedly not very uncommon with Syrian Rue.

If you do insist on taking the rue seeds by themselves try a very small dose first. A gram left me sick to my guts for hours with a splitting headache. Absolutely no pleasurable effects whatsoever.

Good tip... some people do seem to react badly. They didn't bother me at all, but I know people who reacted badly as Ismene does. Something about individual chemistry or something, who knows.

And yea, do be careful about diet.... Rue/Harmine/etc. are alot more forgiving being short term reversible Mao-A only inhibitors rather than long term dual Mao blockers like other stuff, but you still need to follow the general cautions... just for a period of hours, not days.

Definitely be safe with an MAOI.

Still, I run extracts on Syrian Rue (not isolating the Harmaline though) to get telepathic effects with other hallucinogens.
This is a phenomenon that is supposedly not very uncommon with Syrian Rue.

Yea combining with shrooms is pretty amazing. You would think it would make them more anxiogenic due to increasing potency but somehow it seems to have some complementary effect, not just making the psilocin last longer, that makes the shrooms feel smoother... and there is definitely a feeling of a friendly otherworldly "spirit chaperone" that many people report on the combo, me and a couple other friends included, who noticed it idependently and discussed it only AFTER the trip was over, we were not expecting it and had not heard of this effect, and were amazed that ALL of us felt it, discussing AFTER the trip, so it was definitely NOT a case of suggestibility.

3g of rue with mushrooms, used respectfully, is quite a profound journeying experience.

i once ate somewhere between 14-28 g of syrian rue by themselves, and Definitely noticed psychoactivity. everything had a certain depth to it, and a noticeable opening of head-space was present. i think it was 14, 28 might be frickin intense lol

another time i gave a few friends syrian rue before we smoked a bunch of weed...cannahuasca i called it. everyone agreed it changed the effect of the cannabis.

The seeds aren't recreational.

They definitely have a psychoactive effect, and although it's more along the lines of "shamanic" than "recreational", depending on your perspective, there could be a fine line between the two.

definitely a relaxing feeling for me at low doses, 1-3g crushed in caps.
Will be trying a daily low dose for 3-4 days in a row soon and an extraction to see if i can alleviate nausea at higher doses, tried with mushrooms but not ayahuasca yet.
Oldish thread, but how did you get on- ?

apparently if you're on shrooms and you smoke the seeds its quite recreational. That's probably what I would do if I wasn't trying to orally potentiate a tryptamine.

And 1.5g of shrooms will feel like 3, be calmer with less anxiety, and feel like there is a "guiding presence" in the room with you. At least that's what they do for me and friends of mine.

I agree, I really felt that guiding presence with rue and shrooms, totally relaxed me on the come up too, highly recommend it.

Rue is more of a potentiator than anything else. It's kind of like combining diphenhydramine with opioids. If you take DPH on its own it's not very fun, but when mixed with other drugs it brings out the magic as it were.

Do you have a link to that tek there Skillet? And do you know of any way to get the harmaline out as well?

Ayahuasca is not the same as smoked (or IV) DMT. It certainly isn't as overwhelmingly intense. I wouldn't rule it out.

I did it similar to this. The harmaline comes out with the harmine unless you specifically try to separate them.

Extract them-- then smoke the extract in small portions; alternating with DMT -- you'll feel it when you're MAOI'd enough.