• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Syrian Rue for medicinal purposes

so have you had a chance to try syrian rue for your condition?

take a three-pronged approach-- burn the whole seeds as incense, eat the whole seeds daily (restricted diet of course) and smoke some elf-spice :p

Thanks greenmeanies. Do you know anything further about how to take this such as dosage? Can it be taken as a tea?

I smoked some of the extract. It was quite extreme. The psychedelic effects were fairly mild compared to the illness. I got very ill. Sometimes, with Lyme & the co-infections, ill is good. It means you are purging bad stuff out of your system. It was a kind of weird, speedy type of mind trip.

I was really ill, though! If you plan on doing this & you have some kind of illness - do it with someone around. Even if you are well, it can make you sick. It took me about a week to get back to some kind of normalcy. I could barely eat anything for a week. I feel like I may have purged bad stuff out of my system but I would like to try it in a less extreme way. I only took 3 puffs... It definitely shifted my consciousness in a positive way. I think I would need to take more to treat my health problems but I'm a bit put off by the adverse effects. I need to scale it back quite a bit next time.

If you know any further ways to imbibe this herb - please post. I have read alot of info on the internet about it's use in a traditional manner but I think there may be language or cultural barriers to more advanced studies with it.

Any herb that Mohammed says can cure 70 illnesses has got to be studied more carefully... It was also used by the Zoroastrians. Interesting stuff but not for all tastes. You really have to look at it as a spiritual experience. Do the appropriate diet & prepare yourself.

the way i understand it, the alkaloids are concentrated in the red seed coat, not the fleshy part. so the seeds can be swallowed whole to avoid the immensely disgusting taste. i do not recommend tea because of the taste.

i have never smoked the extract, but if your disease is localized in your digestive tract i believe eating the seeds will be more effective than smoking the extract.

Interesting... Babesia is a parasite of the blood (a protozoa that effects the red blood cells). Lyme can be intracellular & extracellular. It's a spirochete. Some feel these pathogens can cross the blood brain barrier & be in the bone marrow, spleen, & spinal fluid, etc.

I figured the the tea would be pretty awful - although I have tried Traditional Chinese Medicine in the past & the herbs can be pretty disgusting tasting. Maybe I could grind the seed & make them into capsules?

Do you have any idea of dosage? How about making capsules of the extract? The extract is very, very strong - I'd probably only need a few grains mixed with something else (maybe?) - but it may be different digesting it as opposed to smoking it.

Traditionally, the smoke is used for blessing people. I have also read that the smoke can be used for GYN issues. They have a special tube or pipe that they use to apply it...

The study I read was with cows & a bovine form of babesia - I assume the cows ate the seeds... It was supposed to be helpful to cure the parasite. I'd have to look up the study to see exactly how effective it was. I don't recall off of the top of my head.

hi green tree frog ;)

i do not know if the syrian rue can cure your sickness,
but i do know through own experience that peganum harmala seeds can in a very balancing effect be used to cure diffrent problems.

Last year I took a cure over 11 days, with around 6 gramms of the whole seeds in the morning, and six at the night. (logically trying to do it at the same time).But I assume you feel if its may fits you better to split the dose in three/four times a day (while I think te active ingriediens are pretty long working so its okay every 12 hours) and see if you might need a bit more, or less than me.

I think the best is to eat the whole seed, on pretty empty stomach. thats at least how I did it.

For me, the effects of the syrian rue, were not strong at all while taking it, ( i get a simiular calm feeling as i get when walking thorugh the forests with no people around) but on me it rather has a very positiv long term effect.

if you are very sick since a long time, I assume you need a longer cure thanme.

Also reserach has shown that p. harmala is a very strong painkiller.
But take good care that you dont take any chemical medicine, (not even painkillers) without researching the sideffecrts when combined with syrian rue,

I hope I could help a bit!
Good luck
sille

Gonna dredge up an old thread because it is relevant to my interests, which are rather urgent at the moment due to health issues... anyway...

The guy I'm quoting below apparently took 12 grams a day of the whole seeds of Syrian Rue. Does anybody find this a little strange and possibly really harsh on the digestive tract? Whole seeds? Wouldn't that cause diverticulitis or something? And how effective would that be? What would that actually do? Maybe some of the alkaloids would be absorbed from the surface of the seeds, since I've read that the alkaloids are mainly present in the seed hull... but still, it seems weird.

hi green tree frog ;)

i do not know if the syrian rue can cure your sickness,
but i do know through own experience that peganum harmala seeds can in a very balancing effect be used to cure diffrent problems.

Last year I took a cure over 11 days, with around 6 gramms of the whole seeds in the morning, and six at the night. (logically trying to do it at the same time).But I assume you feel if its may fits you better to split the dose in three/four times a day (while I think te active ingriediens are pretty long working so its okay every 12 hours) and see if you might need a bit more, or less than me.

I think the best is to eat the whole seed, on pretty empty stomach. thats at least how I did it.

For me, the effects of the syrian rue, were not strong at all while taking it, ( i get a simiular calm feeling as i get when walking thorugh the forests with no people around) but on me it rather has a very positiv long term effect.

if you are very sick since a long time, I assume you need a longer cure thanme.

Also reserach has shown that p. harmala is a very strong painkiller.
But take good care that you dont take any chemical medicine, (not even painkillers) without researching the sideffecrts when combined with syrian rue,

I hope I could help a bit!
Good luck
sille

Maybe "whole" meant whole "crushed" seeds. Whole seeds aren't going to do anything at all, IME, as the hull will keep the seeds intact.
!2 grams of whole crushed seed is a fairly big dose, you'll almost certainly puke or at least you'll want to.
As far as clogging anything up, rue seeds are tiny.
I took between 6-10 grams daily for over a month of whole crushed seeds during a long Ayahuasca binge and never had any ill effects, as a matter of fact after a few days I no longer became nauseous from them any more.

Last edited:
I doubt they were crushed. I would be surprised if anyone took 12 grams in a day and felt this way: "For me, the effects of the syrian rue, were not strong at all while taking it, ( i get a simiular calm feeling as i get when walking thorugh the forests with no people around) but on me it rather has a very positiv long term effect."

I took 2.0g one morning and was pretty floored. I can't imagine taking 6 times that amount and feeling only a "calm feeling."
So I'm fairly certain he meant whole, uncrushed.

phuckingnutz, how was that? Did your diet/appetite change? Did you swallow them in capsules?

So I just realized that Stille made that post *in this thread* in reference to extracted vs. whole seeds. So it was whole, so it could very well be crushed.

But still. 6 grams in the morning and 6 grams at night is a LOT. I think he would be vomiting up a storm, right? I mean, I'm up to about 5 grams a day, and I'm already vomiting.

I have returned because I am now realizing that Syrian Rue could be very good for treating (my) babesia. There are even a few studies which support this. One in cattle, and one for drug-resistant malaria in humans, I believe.

If you have under 50 previous posts on the site, then you are not yet able to PM (private message) other members of the site.

So what are your symptoms exactly?

In this book I have: Healing Lyme (Natural Healing and Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis and its Coinfections)

It recommends these herbs for Babesia:

Artemisinin
Red Root
Boneset

Let me know if you want more info on how to use the herbs.

So what makes you think Syrian Rue is good for Babesia? Have you read about other people using it? My advice is use the herbs listed above before experimenting. They have legit scientific evidence backing them up, many of the studies prove the herbs to be superior to the conventional antibiotics used to treat babesia)
I push this old thread cause I think it's quite interesting AND I have info and anecdotal experience with some herbs cited here,
Also, maybe @AutoTripper could benefit from this post and probably he has not seen it (?).

I'm personally studying and bio-assaying a lot of different herbs for the treatment (and eventually reversing, if I could) diabetes type 1.
Is not clear AT ALL how the triggers work for such autoimmune reaction such as the immune system fucking up beta cells, there's quite a lot of hypothesis, in my case was probably a vaccine (MMR vaccine) because I got diabetes type 1 diagnose only a few weeks after that vaccination and I have no family members with this disease which is typically (supposedly..) normally "gene related". There's serious medical suspicion about that vaccine and also related with diabetes type 1 (mumps caused a notable rise diabetes type 1 when it was epidemic)

I've found that using artemisia annua GREATLY IMPROVED my sugar levels. I started using it when I got covid. Couldn't realize that it was doing anything when I got covid because normally during viral infections the sugar rise so much. But... after the covid infection, I stopped using artemisia and found that something odd had happent, my sugar levels were almost perfect, for days in a row, and when I got bad numbers it wasn't very bad... which is not typical for me, specially while being under a lot of stress which is happening nowadays.
I even thought that covid had done something GOOD to my body, because I couldn't understand why such an amazing improvement had happent...
Well, then it started going worse (but not as bad as typical, just a bit worse) after some weeks. Then I took the decision of taking artemisia annua again because I found during covid that it's great for improving dream lucidity and I even had 2 amazing lucid dreams during the covid period while using AAnnua.

So then, I started using again by night and my number improved again to PERFECT levels. I don't think it's a coincidence at all..
I've found very interesting papers about this:

This one is the most important and I think it's quite amazing, to be honest:

It's explained in a more straightforward way here:

This is also pretty interesting:

So basically artemisinin could affect alpha cells in pancreas (which are over-represented in diabetic type 1 patients and are bad for us cause they produce glucagon that causes hyperglycemia..) and turning them into beta-like cells which produce insulin! wow, it's honestly fucking amazing.

I post this here not only because some similar stuff could happen with syrian rue's harmine, which can multiplicate beta cells. Some people from Mount Sinai research found among 100k plants that harmine was able to do that...

So then, basically we could make a triple combo of harmine, artemisinin and some plant extract that could be a TGF beta inhibitor to make an amazing antidiabetic drug combo... it's not impossible, it's not even difficult..

I would bio-assay myself, I need to learn how to create an harmine extraction cause I know it's not very difficult to extract harmine/harmaline extract from syrian rue, but I think it's a bit more complicated to separate each..
Any advice from bio-chemists and weekend Walter Whites?

I can swear that artemisia annua does something very positive on my sugar levels, as well as kratom, that allows me to inject less insulin than normal.

I push this old thread cause I think it's quite interesting AND I have info and anecdotal experience with some herbs cited here,
Also, maybe @AutoTripper could benefit from this post and probably he has not seen it (?).

I'm personally studying and bio-assaying a lot of different herbs for the treatment (and eventually reversing, if I could) diabetes type 1.
Is not clear AT ALL how the triggers work for such autoimmune reaction such as the immune system fucking up beta cells, there's quite a lot of hypothesis, in my case was probably a vaccine (MMR vaccine) because I got diabetes type 1 diagnose only a few weeks after that vaccination and I have no family members with this disease which is typically (supposedly..) normally "gene related". There's serious medical suspicion about that vaccine and also related with diabetes type 1 (mumps caused a notable rise diabetes type 1 when it was epidemic)

I've found that using artemisia annua GREATLY IMPROVED my sugar levels. I started using it when I got covid. Couldn't realize that it was doing anything when I got covid because normally during viral infections the sugar rise so much. But... after the covid infection, I stopped using artemisia and found that something odd had happent, my sugar levels were almost perfect, for days in a row, and when I got bad numbers it wasn't very bad... which is not typical for me, specially while being under a lot of stress which is happening nowadays.
I even thought that covid had done something GOOD to my body, because I couldn't understand why such an amazing improvement had happent...
Well, then it started going worse (but not as bad as typical, just a bit worse) after some weeks. Then I took the decision of taking artemisia annua again because I found during covid that it's great for improving dream lucidity and I even had 2 amazing lucid dreams during the covid period while using AAnnua.

So then, I started using again by night and my number improved again to PERFECT levels. I don't think it's a coincidence at all..
I've found very interesting papers about this:

This one is the most important and I think it's quite amazing, to be honest:

It's explained in a more straightforward way here:

This is also pretty interesting:

So basically artemisinin could affect alpha cells in pancreas (which are over-represented in diabetic type 1 patients and are bad for us cause they produce glucagon that causes hyperglycemia..) and turning them into beta-like cells which produce insulin! wow, it's honestly fucking amazing.

I post this here not only because some similar stuff could happen with syrian rue's harmine, which can multiplicate beta cells. Some people from Mount Sinai research found among 100k plants that harmine was able to do that...

So then, basically we could make a triple combo of harmine, artemisinin and some plant extract that could be a TGF beta inhibitor to make an amazing antidiabetic drug combo... it's not impossible, it's not even difficult..

I would bio-assay myself, I need to learn how to create an harmine extraction cause I know it's not very difficult to extract harmine/harmaline extract from syrian rue, but I think it's a bit more complicated to separate each..
Any advice from bio-chemists and weekend Walter Whites?

I can swear that artemisia annua does something very positive on my sugar levels, as well as kratom, that allows me to inject less insulin than normal.
Hey. Thanks for the consideration.

Except this has been my own personal catch 22 dilemna.

I am allergic to practically all herbs, supplements, remedies, ALL mainstream medicines, any tablets, drugs.

I could never consider following any herbal, supplement or dietary regime, since 2005.

Re Lyme Disease. In my mind, I still have it.

Because Lyme Disease is not an infection but a resulting condition defined in one simple way as dysregulation of the nervous system and immune system.

You can clear out all the offending bugs, the chief one being Borrelia, but restoring order afterwards to such a damaged NS and trashed immunity, allergic to 99% of things is the real challenge.

My Borrelia and co infections were fully eradicated by 2017.

Lyme is for life for sone though.

It ranges largely in severity, impactfulness too, depending on course of events at time with an individual's immune status, plus the random concoction of multiple co-infections.

I will get you an answer and view too re the Nanotech fibres.

I had the worst bad trip of my life yesterdsy, very shaken off tge ground still recovering energy.

So glad this thread has been bumped!!!

A lot of good info here. Thanks for sharing.

Interestingly, my rheumatoid arthritis (which was later diagnosed as Lyme, but who tf knows which it "is") started up a few weeks after I got my final vaccinations required for college. Like you, no one else in my family had anything similar.

Maybe vaccinations weaken/distort some parts of the immune system to allow for the Lyme bacteria to get its way. Who knows.

Some good research re: artemisia and harmalas for diabetes. I would stick with the whole herb, as artemisinin has some potential side effects as a single isolated constituent when taken over long periods of time.

Allergic to all herbs, remedies, or even dietary regimes? I'm sorry, I don't believe that. I have a lot experience with weird sensitivities that no one else understands and have a particularly large heart (metaphorically speaking) for people with odd allergies, but that is too sweeping to make sense. What are your allergic reactions? Surely there is a remedy out there specifically for those reactions. Sometimes the gentlest of herbs or regimes have the profoundest health impact. Just felt moved to say that for some reason.

No disease has to be for life when there is such powerful plant medicine out there. It is sad to me that so much of it is still unknown to most of society, and also exciting that there is so much yet to be discovered.

Have a good day.