Synthesis Rules

I’ve found it a bit of a slippery slope of late; the use of AI has made it difficult to discern if someone has chemistry experience legitimate or clandestine.
I’ve found myself getting into discussions only to realize I was talking to a keyboard chemist with no practical experience and in most cases no understanding a valence chemistry at all.

It may be time to adopt a straighter forward synthesis rule: “No Covalent Chemistry”
If you follow the “no covalent chemistry” policy you won’t break any synthesis rules.

My only reservation is that one needs to understand these bond types to follow the rule.
 
My only reservation is that one needs to understand these bond types to follow the rule.

True enough, I suppose some kind of easy to remember moderation guideline could be implemented among staff, such as anytime a substances name changes it’s deemed off limits?
 
Top