• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Symptoms of oxy overdose?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
I'm familiar with mild overdoses of instant release oxy which cause nausea, vomiting, strong drowsiness, slightly shallow breathing, but what symptoms to look out for when life could be in danger or close to it?
Does you lose consciousness first then stop breathing or the other way around?
How slow does one's breath need to be to begin to worry?
Does a severe od creep up on you during the peak a few hours later or will you know during the come up that you took too much?
Can lying down or moving around mean the difference between possibly stop breathing or staying awake?
Will there be enough time for one to administer narcan nasal spray or will the oxy just quickly knock me out cold then I either wake up or don't?
If I can stay awake on 50mg and have slight slowed breathing how much higher would the dose need to be to become dangerous? An extra 10/20 could be lethal?

^ Best answer you can probably get is google the LD/50 for oxy.

The LD/50 is how much oxy it would take to kill 50% of the people that took it.

I've seen you around on here and know you aren't opioid naive so 50 mgs is a pretty light dose. I WAS opioid naive and could take 60 mgs and it was my sweet spot. Many on here have taken 120 mgs at a time ( IV'ed ) and were still okay..........granted they had a high tolerance. Just stay at whatever mg. it takes to get you high and don't keep increasing it.

Not many people OD on oxy alone. With benzos.......yes. With alcohol .......yes. But just oxy without any other chemicals is pretty safe. Not saying you CAN"T overdose but most people just vomit before they get to a lethal level.

Do you normally use Heroin or am I mistaking you for another member? Only reason I ask because if you do.......50 mgs of oxy will be fine.

Google have not much info on oxy ld50.

I've used oxy before but have no tolerance because I space doses out at least 2 weeks. I've railed heroin here and there in the past but again spaced out by a month so never gained a tolerance.

30mg should be a safe and effective dose for someone who isn't super opioid-tolerant and definitely wants a high. assuming no ethanol/benzos or any other substances are on board.

If you have no tolerance and 50mg doesn't get you off then I think you're just barking up the wrong tree with oxy. I wouldn't go much higher, it's hard to say what exact dose will cause an OD. The timeline and warning signs of an OD are dependent on what route of administration you're using.

If you IV a dose that will cause an OD you won't be able to react fast enough to save yourself, you'll black out seconds after the shot. If you're taking it orally then you'll most likely have 10-20 min on the come up to assess, but even then you can't trust yourself to self administer narcan because you may become incapacitated by the time you know you took too much. And if you take a truly massive oral dose you may end up suddenly going unconscious and ODing.

We can't stop you from experimenting with higher doses, but if you do, please have someone with you that knows what you're doing and how to use narcan. Having a friend close by with narcan is the best way to use personal OD protection like nasal spray or IV narcan.