Sydney - We Love.... Sounds - HORDEN PAVILLION Sunday 12th June

papermate

Bluelighter
Date: Sun 12th Jun, 2005
Time: 04:00 pm
Venue: Hordern Pavilion
City: Sydney

Cost: $82.90

So far, confirmed for We Love… Sounds at the Hordern, on Sun 12 June, Queen’s Bday Long Weekend, are…

Deep Dish,
Danny Howells,
Paul Harris - Dirty Vegas (DJ Set),
Boogie Pimps, Ali B,
The Outlaws, Ewan Pearson, DJ Cash Money,
Koolism live, (YEAH!!!!)
Bang Gang DJs,
Kid Kenobi & MC Shureshock,
Sneaky Sound System, yeah again
Funktrust Collective,
Ben Korbel,
Declan Lee,
James Taylor and Elroy.

i'm going to come out of re-hab for this one. :):) i havent been out since field day.

i wasnt suprised that 360 was crap at the horden, but i think this will pull a good crowd, first release sold out already and line up is a nice mix of old school, underground and cheezy stuff thrown in. .........shoooould be good.

who's in??? :):):0

Last edited:
I should be at this one. I am all for any half decent excuse to dust off one of my various pairs of wanky sunnies. Coupled with the possibility of ridiculously egotistical dancing and all round good fun I think this should be tops.

And the music would probably hold some sort of appeal that I have yet to dream up. ;)

:)

One of my SSS Girls from work has said "You ARE comming with me to this"
So i think i might be going... =D

DJC*

Deep Dish are one of the few acts that I still haven't seen that I really really really really wanted to see back in the day when I was going out heaps and heaps...

I am almost tempted to come out of big event hibernation to come to this purely because of Deep Dish. They are one of the few acts, other than Hybrid or Groove Armada that I will go out of my way to see.

So I'm not a definite by any sense of the word, but I am a definite maybe.

CB :)

BREAKaBEAT said:
What a stupid fucking price !

I'll second that.

A friend emailed me about this a few weeks ago and I thought it looked tops, but at that price I don't think my uni budget can extend (besides which I think my last exam will be the following week).

oh come on...

deep dish!!!
boogie pimps!!
kid kenobi!!!

fly me to sydney!!!

I'm so cut :( I'm broke as fuck but I had every intention of whoring myself on the streets to find the money to come to this. Deep Dish!! However my final exam is the tuesday morning after this which completely wipes it out. I could cry.

awww leec....

you are going to miss out on the event of the year... but you don't need me to tell you that right :p

It's a fairly wide variety of music.

Deep Dish = House - Deep, Prog, Funky and Batty/Cheese
Danny Howells = House probably a little on the funky/tech side -> possibly techno.
Paul Harris - Dirty Vegas (DJ Set) -> dunno except for his housey single days go by
Ali B - breaks i think
Ewan Pearson - Electro
Bang Gang DJs - Electro/house
Kid Kenobi & MC Shureshock - Breaks
Funktrust Collective - Breaks/Hip hop/funk

and thats only about half of the lineup.. so yea big variety. something to suit almost everyones tastes

fuck. that is the weekend that i need off work cus i too have exams on the wed and thursday after this... how stupid.

You lot would pay $83+BF for that lineup, when The Hacker/Carretta played live for $30?

crazy

no, it's $83 for a lot of acts (perhaps some we may like that we haven't seen or heard before), a big/great venue, loud and clear sound and huge production. i think that's not too bad a deal.

I'll get back to you on the value factor after I've been to the venue, although I'd probably still claim that its ridiculously expensive :)

me and my friend are most definitely going.. so excited fairly new to the big events- loved field day beyond belief, and good vibes was good to.. rekon we will enjoy it??? we got our tix and trying to get all our friends to come- wat are some good persuading points??