Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sydney - Utopia NYE - Wharf 3 Harbour Side - REVIEWS

middle finger

Bluelighter
Sydney - Utopia NYE - Wharf 3

www.powerhouseproductions.com.au

UTOPIA - HARBOURSIDE - NYE 2005
For almost 10 years, you and thousands of other party people have rocked up to the yearly New Years Eve Powerhouse event. Each year we strive to create an unprecedented party for our patrons and this year we believe we have transcended all boundaries to create our most innovative and superior party yet... Utopia Harbourside at Wharf3.

We pride ourselves on constantly delivering perfection in all aspects of the event to stimulate your senses and expand your imagination. Meticulous planning has gone into all aspects of this party - from lighting, sound, laser and visual production to entertainment, performers and market stalls - we have gone to great lengths to create an exceptional vibe in order to make this New Years one that you and your friends will talk about for years to come. The sensational atmosphere at an event like this, on a night like this, at a location like this . . . cannot be replicated.

Powerhouse Productions is committed to showcasing some of the best talent Australia and the world has to offer. For Utopia Harbourside we have hand picked a selection of the world's finest DJs along with the hottest established and emerging local artists to provide you with a line up that is guaranteed to pump out exceptional trance, hardcore and breaks until the early hours of 2005.

With panoramic views of the Harbour Bridge, Wharf3 is one of the prime firework-viewing locations in the city. Go off and party hard as we count down to 2005 with the Harbour bridge firework display as your backdrop. Each party we strive to raise the standards and with Utopia Harbourside, we have the perfect location, venue and DJs to set yet another new precedent of dance-party excellence.

With over 10 years experience in producing many of Sydney's most amazing and talked-about parties and with the collaboration of the most talent technical experts in Australia and the hottest DJs from Sydney and around the world, this party is set to rock!

WHARF 3
We are proud to announce that for New Years 2004/2005, we have secured exclusive use to one of the most truly exceptional and unique venues in Australia.

Wharf3 is surrounded by Sydney Harbour on the Northern and Western perimeters, boasting uninterrupted views from the Harbour Bridge to Balmain, making this one of the most exciting and innovative entertainment complexes we have had to work with. It's vast clear space interior is the perfect canvas to create a truly remarkable new years party.

Located between the two premium entertainment precincts of Cockle Bay/King Street Wharf and Circular Quay/The Rocks, Wharf3 is a working wharf with breathtaking harbour views, dual water frontage, 5,500 square metres undercover and 10,000 square metres of outside absolute harbour frontage.

Utopia Harbourside is one of the few parties in Sydney with access to such superb views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The third stage is positioned outside on the dock allowing you to face the DJ, and view the Harbour Bridge and the famous Sydney firework extravaganza that will be directly behind him - so you can dance, go off and count down into 2005 and be in a perfect position not to miss any of the fireworks or the NYE celebrations.

We are excited to be able to bring to you what we think is the perfect setting for the biggest new years party in Sydney. Don't miss the most prolific New Years party ever to hit Australian soil.

PRODUCTION
Large scale Dance Party production is about utilising the best technology available, and putting it in the hands of the best technicians in the business. We believe that BLM are the best of the best when it comes to high powered lighting and audio, and that is why for almost 10 years we have utilised their services and their staggering list of equipment, in order to create the phenomenal shows for our Utopia events

This is our first event at Wharf 3, and quite possibly will be our best event to date. The venue for our events is such an important aspect, and we really believe that this awesome venue will offer us a "blank canvas of possibility, limited only by our imagination".

The sky was the limit when creating this party.....utilising one of the most versatile sites in Sydney with such a stunning location has enabled the team to produce a truly electrifying light, laser and sound extravaganza, along with visual and staging effects that are world-class..

We have confirmed this remarkable venue, we have contracted BLM to supply install and operate our intense lighting, laser and sound show, all spread across 3 staggering arenas. All of this has been done to offer our patrons the absolute best New Years event - Utopia Harbourside

MAIN ACTS
Sunset to Sunrise (6pm to 6am) go crazy to the rockin beats of these world-class DJs, with the amazing views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge as your backdrop!

YOMC Aka TECHNO PUNK - Germany - (Overdose, Most Wanted Records)
Y.O.M.C, aka Martin Roth is known around the world as one of Germany's best trance producers. Martin Y.O.M.C Roth is the man behind projects including Y.O.M.C, DJ Wag, and was one of the original producers of Yakooza which led to the creation of tunes such as Cocaine, Stronger, Fight for Survival... Impressed yet? You should be!
While studying to be an electrical engineer, Martin soon became fascinated with electronic music, an addiction still held today. When he started composing electronic music he managed to secure a record deal just six months later, and between that time and now, Martin has released over 100 production works, traversing the whole spectrum of trance sub-genre's, and in the process defining his own sound, a wildly organic and unique blend of harder edged melodic trance.
Martin began Most Wanted Records this year, and has received rave reviews for its debut since. The genius behind Y.O.M.C... this guy is only getting warmed up. Playing a live set at Utopia Harbourside this New Years, this is one performance is guaranteed to have you screaming for more...

DUNE - Germany - Orbit Records / Raw Canine Records
One of the biggest & most popular acts to ever grace the scene, we're proud to present German rave legend Dune at Utopia Harbourside NYE!

Over the years there have been many acts to pass through the rave scene, however very few of them stand up as one of the all time greats - true legends whose music not only set new standards but also defined several generations of the rave scene. Dune is one of those acts, who created of some of the biggest tracks to ever hit the rave scene: "Million Miles From Home", "Hardcore Vibes", "Are You Ready To Fly" and of course what is undoubtedly the biggest and most popular tune to ever hit the rave scene, the massive anthem "Can't Stop Raving".

Despite their success in the rave scene, Dune are not just known as a rave act and have had successful releases in many styles with releases like "Keep The Secret" - a crowd favourite at Sydney's original trance nights. After his massive debut tour earlier in the year that left the crowd screaming for more, Dune, aka Oliver Froning, has returned to hit the biggest stage on NYE with the sounds that you know and love, plus some all knew material from Olivers new Raw Canine label.

Don't miss the chance to hear the legend tear it up at Utopia Harbourside in a set that you just can't afford to miss!

DJ PAUL ELSTAK - Netherlands - Offensive Records
Owner of Offensive Records in Germany, Paul Elstak had been at the forefront of Hardcore since the very beginning in the early 90's. He has been at the pinnacle of his profession both as a recording artist and as a World touring DJ. His collaborations include the tracks written with the who's who of the hardcore scene, names such as Panic, Scott Brown, Joey Beltram, Neophyte and more. Paul has performed at all the biggest events throughout his home Country Gemrnay, plus around the World in Countries like Australia, United States, England and Europe. This New Years eve we welcome the hardcore legend Paul Elstak to Sydney, where he will rip the Utopia decks apart with his own orginal sound, his super tight mixing and his massive stage presence. Get ready for some Hardcore. . Paul Elstak style.

RUFFIAN - Netherlands - Offensive Records
A true Mic Controller, the Master of the Hardcore ceremony, Ruffian is Germany's biggest and most recognised MC. His abilities on the mic have been put to use at the Worlds' leading Hardcore events, including Masters of Hardcore, Thunderdome and more. He has backed up the World's hardcore elite, Neophyte, Headbanger, Isaac, the list goes on. Not just an MC but a true lyricist Ruffian has been responsible for the hardcore anthems "Thrillseeka", "Rage" and "The Champions". Prepare for the OFFENSIVE as Ruffian brings it you . . . Hardcore!

DJ UFO - UK
For more than 10 years, DJ UFO has been one of the leading lights in the UK hardcore movement, both as a gifted producer and a s highly talented performer. His music has featured on countless mix cd's including the legendary Bonkers series, and his tracks can be found on labels like Raver Baby, Hectech, Fusion, Cover UP and more. Most recently he has been made resident at the UK's premier hardcore event H.T.I.D (Hardocre till I Die) as well as writing new material and co-mixing along with Hixxy, Recon and Dougal. As a DJ, UFO has played regularly at some of the biggest and most respected UK events such as Slammin Vinyl, H.T.I.D. Sundissential, Hardcore Heaven, United Dance and Helter Skelter and also in countries including Australia, Canada, Spain, Japan and the United States.

DANNY D
Host & Producer of the HQ radio show on Fresh Fm, the number 1 hard dance radio show in the Netherlands, Danny D is one of Europe's fastest rising stars. He has performed around the Globe in countries such as Japan, Finland, Israel, the UK and more and he has become well know for his devastating mixes, as he cuts and scratches his way through a blend of Dutch Tech Trance, UK hard house, techno, hardstyle and hard trance. This will be Danny's first visit to Australia and we are proud
to say we have him for an Exclusive Sydney gig.

YOSHI LIVE - First ever self produced live set!
Exclusive to Utopia Harbourside this New Years Eve...... we are privileged to be able to offer Sydney a showcase of the very first live performance by Sydney's DJ Yoshi. Having spent the past 18 months in the studio, creating tracks for labels like Peroxide and X-Cite, Yoshi is now ready to bring it to us live on stage, with choreographed dancers, spectacular lighting and his own brand of hard trance and hard house. This will be a very special 45 min set, Yoshi live for the very first time.

GEORGE VAGAS Australia's Hardcore Legend - Adelaide
Nitro fuelled, energy driven sets of screaming hardcore and gabber. This is the one and only George Vagas, and he is about to hit Sydney head on for an exclusive set at Utopia Harbourside. A pioneering hardcore performer, George has graced the decks at such legendary events as A Nightmare in Rotterdam, plus all the key hardcore parties around Australia. He has released his own Hardcore tunes around the World and is responsible for the killer mix cds Central Nervous System.

LOCAL DJS - our hottest local talents are back to strut their stuff on the decks!
Bexta / Nervous / Fenix / Suae / Matrix / Spellbound / Weaver / Team Rocket / Geoff de chef / Marcos / Crisis / Phase One / Midian / Tom -e / Dave PSI / QT / Flipside / Elroy / Abel / Matt / Kayla / pH / Ritual / q45 / Neo-Teng / Reflux / MC Herbalist / MC D-Tech / MC Destiny

ATTRACTIONS
* Panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and the Harbour Bridge - visit www.wharf3.com
* Prime firework viewing location of the two biggest fireworks display in the world -9pm and Midnight
* Over 25 of the finest international and local DJs
* 12 hours of partying - you can view sunset in 2004 & sunrise in 2005 over Sydney Harbour.
* Extraordinary light, laser, visual and sound effects.
* Full service alcohol bars for 18+ crowd.
* Huge chillout arena on the Harbour
* Wild performers such as stilt walkers, baton twirlers, fire breathers and other talented artists.
* Dazzling décor displays throughout the venue
* Eclectic stalls from around the nation - massages, temporary tattoos, jewellery, clothing and much more.
* Free secure onsite Cloak Room
* On-site medical staff and first aid supplied by St. Johns Ambulance
* Polite but tight security for your safety

Tickets will sell fast- get in quick!
Don't miss out on Sydney's hottest New Years party!

This event has limited capacity and will sell out in advance, with thousands of people missing out! Don't let this be you! Tickets will sell fast....so hurry to your nearest store or purchase online (details below) to secure entry to an unforgettable New Years at Utopia Harbourside!

EARLY BIRD SPECIAL Buy 3 Get 1 Free 'Embrace NYD at Luna Park' ticket.
Available for a limited time exclusively from www.powerhouseproductions.com.au ....so get in early!

FIRST RELEASE TICKETS
Only $88 (Includes GST) + BF

ONLINE OUTLETS - visit www.powerhouseproductions.com.au

TICKET OUTLETS
Ticketek Outlets (Australia Wide) 02 9266 4800
Moshtix Phone Charge (Australia Wide) 02 9209 4614
Central Station Records (Darlinghurst) 02 9361 5222
One Stop (Darlinghurst) 02 9283 5581
Ten Seconds Down (Chatswood) 02 9411 5575
Plaza Records (Penrith) 02 4721 0365
Mall Music (Brookvale) 02 9905 6966
Castle Records (Castle Hill) 02 9899 7347
Sandlia Records (Liverpool) 02 9602 1320
MJays (Fairfield) 02 9727 3621
Soundgarden (Hurstville) 02 9579 2129
Jolly Rogers (Cronulla) 02 9523 0303
Fish Records (Balmain) 02 9810 8421
Fish Records (Bondi Junction) 02 9388 9641
Fish Records (Glebe) 02 9692 0480
Fish Records (Newtown) 02 9557 3074
Electric Monkeys (Bondi) 02 9365 6955

UTOPIA Harbourside is recommended for people 16 and above. Alcohol can be obtained with 18+ photo ID.

MAILING LIST/EMAIL LIST INFO
Sign up for our online mailing list and be the first to get information on Powerhouse Productions events.
Go to our website at: www.powerhouseproductions.com.au

MEDIA INFO AND GUESTLIST INFO
All media and guest pass requests must be received no later than 5:00 pm EST 30TH December 2004. Applications must be emailed to [email protected]
Please include the reason for request and contact numbers to your affiliated organisation.

Hey middlefinger,

i edited title to include the venue "Harbourside"

When posting threads we encourage people to be a bit original and not just straight out cut and paste from one sight to another. :)

try to add some of your own flare when posting event threads :)

Flair or not I've already decided to haul my cash-strapped ass there!

Wasn't Yoshi live at Transmission White? That's what it said on the program but I don't remember seeing any synths in the Squarehouse.

^^^ *ahem* Madam, you know better. :)

Lets not start this thread off on a bad foot. We all know there are those who laugh at Utopia Events, but there are those that don't, so lets just let them have their thread back, mkay...

Thanx Guys~ :)

DJC*

I'm also going to Field Day :p

Haven't decided if I will go to Utopia. Wharf 3 is very tempting though. Considering Armin Van Buuren. Not to keen on the Hordern Pavillion. Decisions, decisions...

Sorry starfalls69... it was a long day. :\

/\/\/\

Wharf 3 is an awesome location - I've been there for 2 NYE parties.

Looks ok.....not great, but ok....

I'll be at Falls Fastival however this year, gettin back to my roots :) Have fun people....

Yeah i'm going

I caved in yesterday.
Atleast there will be a good view for the fireworks.
Theres gotta be more blers going..!!

Something like 8000. From what I gather tickets have almost sold out. Good thing I got mine like a month ago.

Seems so.

YOU'RE ALL SISSIES!

(Or adults. I dunno. :()

the night was alright mainly for its location, however the acustics sucked, i was in the hardcore arena and the main arena was easily playing over it. In the main arena the metal roof produced alot of reverb, plus im coming down and need to bitch wah wah

Yeah the acoustics definately sucked in those warehouses but it was a top night all in all.

My main reason for going was Dune but I have to say Yoshi stole the show! Then again I already saw Dune at Helter Skelter 1 so I was kinda halfarsed about seeing him again. I was coming down too hard to withstand gabber so I gave DJ Paul a miss. :( UFO was quite good though.

This is how I met Riot Grrrl. I was wandering about almost peaking on a tab of acid. She then comes up to me and says 'you look familiar, are you gher from Bluelight?'. And the rest is history.

i had a great night. Couldnt beleive the different ages of people. There was two old guys there, like about 55. i thought i was seeing things, but they were really old. Huge pupils too!!! lol
excellent location too