• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Sydney] - Transmissions 10th Bday - 09 Sept - State Sports Centre Homebush REVIEWS!

50000...bahaha...yeah right! Am guessing that's a typo and they mean 5000. Anyway, there are usually dogs @ raves. Play it safe, don't smoke weed b4 you go etc etc.

Oh, and Sam Punk has cancelled his performance. He's been replaced by Uberdruck.

Tnx bengalaas ;)
I couldnt seem to find the article posted anywhere at the time.

And as for over 50,000 ppl going - hahahha....... what a load of crap! Gees the media will say anything to make their story sound more interesting 8(

Hey what is the police presence like these days @ transmission? Last time i went was prob early 2004, and from memory they only had the dog squad there for the first couple hrs - and only saw 1 dog wandering around with the handler... no doubt they have toughened up since i last went :(

ah well! all that is going i hope you have a blast! i know i will be =D

Are we going to bother with a meetup? I know I've been supposed to go to about a dozen meetups so far, but I can never find anyone....

Anyone want to voulenteer?

I'd be up for a meet. Like you saud Jimity I can never find anyone. Maybe share mobile numbers or something so we can at least try to contact eachother over the Tunes.

pharm_friendly said:
Hey what is the police presence like these days @ transmission? Last time i went was prob early 2004, and from memory they only had the dog squad there for the first couple hrs - and only saw 1 dog wandering around with the handler... no doubt they have toughened up since i last went :(
Some Trans they have no dogs, some they have them. Given the media hype for this, I'd expect 4-5 dogs (there were that many @ Hard Wars last year - the most I have seen at any event). There will obviously be cops handling these dogs (1-2 cops per dog). There will also be cops in the venue (although no dogs as they're not allowed inside). They may be there from, say, 8.30pm till the queue dies (midnight or so), or they may turn up later. Depends on whether they are willing to concentrate that amount of police power for an extended period of time in the one place.

On that note, someone needs to call in a bomb scare or something... Or maybe a prison escape from Silverwater Correctional Centre :p

Baby700 said:
There will also be cops in the venue (although no dogs as they're not allowed inside).

I've seen puppies in the venue at least 3 times before at Trans..... Never on the dance floor proper, but definately close to the edges. In that situation though, the dogs always seem too pre-occupied with the music and hundreds of people, and usually only ping pot, not pills.

Tnx for the info baby700.... whenever I used to go we would get there pretty late, usually after midnight so maybe thats why I only ever saw very limited presence.
Although at one event (pretty sure same rave) there were volunteers lurking around pretty far away from entrance to warn ppl about the dog presence. I thought that was pretty impressive :)

Jimity...I am quite surprised to hear that there were dogs in the actual venue. My understanding was that the police can search anywhere that is open to the public, but to actually enter a hired venue they would need a warrant (which Im sure they could get) but never thought they did. Are you sure you weren't just tripping out...j/k ;)

Well if that is the case of dogs inside too, I am sure the organizers of Trans wouldnt be supportive of it!! Ruins the whole vibe of the night :(
Looks like I'll be sticking to the dance floor then :D

Party on ppl!!

Jimity...I am quite surprised to hear that there were dogs in the actual venue. My understanding was that the police can search anywhere that is open to the public, but to actually enter a hired venue they would need a warrant (which Im sure they could get) but never thought they did. Are you sure you weren't just tripping out...j/k

From memory, those they caught, they asked to come outside. And when they got there, searched them. That way, youre not searching them inside. Someone did tell me the exact legal loophole regarding searching in raves, but I am really whacked right now, so ask me again when I'm sober(ish).

Had an awesome night myself. My ears are ringing a bit more than I'd like, but it's my own fault for being right next to the speakers. Also glad I got in there early on, so I missed out on the doggies ;)

Either DJ Nitrous or Yoji were my favourites of the night I think. Awesome sound system and lasers too. And the trampolinists! I didn't even hear them announced or anything, and I glance over and see some girl doing freaking tricks 20 feet in the area. Wasn't prepared for that at all....

hehe awesome night, Kamui and kan cold sets where wickid! Great sound and lighting production, crowd was extremely friendly, oh and that poor male trampolinist to stack it big time in front of everyone not once but TWICE! He was getting some serious air though.

A great night had by all, Congrats for the 10 big years Transmission

Anyone know where to find some pics of the night? I'm waiting for the ones at www.inthemix.com.au to be uploaded, but anywhere else you guys think some will pop up?

Awesome night. Had an absolute ball.

Highlights of the night:
Those trampolining tricks.
Banging hard to Yoji
Getting a hoodie for $40 instead of $75 cause of a slight mark on it that rubbed off.
And the coup de grace... finding a 10 pack in the carpark on the way out. (yes we tested them before we ate them)

Lowlights of the night:
Sitting on my nuts.

I had a ball. I also got there when it opened so there was no doggies for me. Very Friendly crowd there were even some loaded people getting their phot's taken with the 3 or 4 police people that were inside during the night. LOL.
It was a great night as my legs, feet, shoulders and jaw is still quite sore. Loved the lazers.
Lazerman needed alot more smoke to get the full effect I recon.
That trampoleen guy is Nuts. doing tricks then CRASH. everyone went "ohhhhhh" then what did he do. jump straight back on it again! What a legend.