BopGirl

Bluelighter
Sydney - Field Day - Thursday, 1 January 2004

Date: Thursday, 1 January 2004
Time: 11am - 11pm
Venue: The Domain
City: Sydney
Cost: $76 (incl fees)

Over the past 2 years, Field Day has changed the face of New Years celebrations in Sydney. In only its third year it is already a Sydney institution and Field Day is set to return to The Domain this New Years Day.

For months, rumours have abounded about Field Day 2004. Well, the time for rumours is over! Although there are more acts yet to be confirmed, the line-up so far features Roger Sanchez, Drummatic Twins, Stanton Warriors, Yousef, Rennie Pilgrem, Lo-Fidelity Allstars, Kaskade, DJ Zinc and a DJ set from the ever-popular Groove Armada. And that's only the internationals. The line-up also features local heroes Kid Kenobi, Jonathan Wall, Q45, Ajax, and Koolism. The action takes place from 11am til 11pm.

Considering the sell-out success of the last two years, it's never too early to sort yourself out for Field Day! As with previous years the $76 (incl fees) limited first release of tickets will sell out fast so save money and buy yours now!

Tickets purchased already!

havent used that icon in a while

Time to get a ticket I suppose

Just purchased tickets for apollo and myself.

Sif I'd miss it. See the usual breaks bitches there!

I really want to head out to Field Day again... it is the premier New Years Event in my opinion, but my problem is that I don't know what I will be doing with my life then, so I can't make plans... its annoying as I am pretty sure that I will end up at Field Day anyways...

Will probably buy tickets soon, when some money comes in...

CB :)

Totally agree BURNS ;) .

Stanton Warriors are my fav. breaks/2step artist EVER :D .

Stanton Warriors rock- but I'm just as excited about seeing DJ Zinc live! His CD was what got me 'properly' into breaks =D

Just purchased 2 tickets.

This will be my first field day. I hear it's one fine party! I'm looking forward to something a little different to the usual night-time nye raves :)

^ I didn't know they'd made you a moderator! Congrats! :)

I think the live Groove Armada DJ set will be a highlight along with the Drummatic twins and as my partner in crime has already mentioned, DJ Zinc will knock our little booties off! I'm more excited about this line-up then for either of the other years mainly because Fuzzy has decided to finally be a little adventurous.

I do think adding another 5000 people to the crowd will fucking suck. The 10,000 in 2002 was a perfect size. The 18,000 of last year was way to crowded and everything was just too spread out. 23,000? 8)

Also, the Field Day brand has become such a commodity. I swear half the people at FD '03' didn't know anything about breaks and were just there because it was 'Field Day'. I hope this years crowd have half a clue and isn't full of skanky bitches and their hoes.

unfortunately it will be full of skanky bitches and their hoes... this is because although the breaks scene fucking rocks and is awesome, there are soooooooo many people out there who go because it is the newest thing to go and look cool at...

this is the only sucky thing about breaks...

but a groove armada DJ set... i look forward to that with about as much relish as I look forward to the Stanton Sound... can't go past that like ever...

GO you warriors... :)

CB :)

23,000! holly shit that's going to be one big party... hopefully not too big.
You're definately right tho, the field day name has built up a big rep as "the" nye party. So of course it's going to be attracting a fair few people simply because of the cool factor. Personally I'm just looking forward to chilling in the sun with friends and grooving to some good music !!

This event is still a lil too far off, but the Events Mods are leaving it open, as it is only a week out of the guidelines. =D Please keep in mind that social chit chat will not be tolerated, so keep it to a minimum, we Mods are watching you...!!!! %) :D

That said......i'm excited!!! I'm ditching NYE for NYD this year, and i'll be getting my ticket next pay. Can't miss a lineup like that. w00t :)

DJC*