• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Syd - Saturday 4th December - HOMEBAKE !!! - Domain - REVIEWS

I got there at 1.45 and had the best intentions of making the meet-up, but as soon as i saw the queue from martin place i knew i'd be pushing it....over an hour later i was finally inside and made my way over to the JJJ tent at 2.45 but there was nobody there.

I pretty much wandered for a couple of hours until Spiderbait started, who played a great set although the sound from the mics wasn't too good. They closed off with Calypso, Old Man Sam, Buy Me A Pony and then about a 7 min version of Black Betty....those guys are the ultimate festival rockers, they know the crowd are there to hear their hits and they don't disappoint.

Eskimo Joe played a great set as always, and after meeting up with Kat and DJC pretty much wandered between different stages until Jet came on. Found a great posi between the main stage and Big Top which enabled us to hear Jet and the Hilltop Hoods. The Hilltop Hoods are an awesome live act, and their closing track "The Nosebleed Section" was probably the highlight of the day.

All in all another great event from the Homebake team, but they really need to get that line moving at the entrance. Anything more than a half hour wait is not on.

Had an okay day. Wasn't particularly blown away by any of the bands I saw [although I was pleasantly surprised by sonic animation].

There were WAY too many fucking people. There was barely room to move, queues were ridiculous and... meh. When you have to wait 90mins to get in and 40mins for a kebab you start to not enjoy yourself...

Don't think I'll bother with this type of all age festival again.

ok, now that my head is kinda here... i can make a half decent review

New Entraence sucked... in more ways than fuckin one, that was just pitiful having to wait that long to get in... The people of homebake owe me an hour of my life... made me sick. The temptation to just jump the fence was killing me, when i finally did make it in, an official came up to me and said, we apologise, but we couldnt use the area we use to have due to the new trees being planted. yeh, thats tops mate... but that still wouldnt of solved the problem if you only have about 5 desks for people to go thru... the line would of being going thru hyde park if it was from the same area. Make the entry bigger, problem solved.

So yeah, was there just intime for the meet, that didnt happen :p must of just missed DD, as i left to see MGF...

MGF - same old crazy shit, good for a laugh, was very very packed in there, suprised

I honestly think i did fuck all from MGF till about scribe...

Scribe - was good, really good, got the crowd going. LOVED it top show, gonna be good at BDO

Again fucked around for a few hours

Sonic Animation - Crazy, by this stage, everything was really just a blur, but the position i had in that tent wasnt helping i was right behind that pole up the back on the left hand side, so view sucked, but yeah again... BLUR!!!

Hilltop Hoods - so happy i saw these guys instead of jet, from what i have been told, dont ever go see JET... Hoods were just tops, they were on it, and they deserved the slot they got...

Overall - top day, if u like standing and waiting for anything... Still love aussie music, but depending on the line up next yr, depends if i pay or not.

0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
from what i have been told, dont ever go see JET...

Man I saw jet at the BDO last year and EVERYONE said what an awesome awesome act they were. Seeing Jet last year at the BDO was definitely a major highlight, those guys rock live.

Jet were great! Classic moment...yarn and i standing amongst this stupid big crowd lost as all hell but singing along with everyone to look what you've done. everyone was all plur like and singing and swaying along. Jet rock!

I WAS THE DUDE THAT WAS WALKING AROUND IN THE PURPLE TIE DYE TEE SHIRT!

I was pleasently surprised at how good a time i had. :D
I got to see all the bands and acts i wanted to see without any hassles. The lineup to get in wasn't too bad for me, i've waited in a lot worse. I do however agree they could of had a larger entrance and more people staffing the gates.
It was too crowded, i agree. Waiting in line for 45mins to get a drink, 20mins for the bathroom and 10mins for food is just crazy. In the end we just walked out and got food and went to the bathhrooms outside.

Highlight for me was SA, but i knew they would be.

That too i feel will be my last big festival. I'm well and truely over all the crowds and hype these days. Its time for me to settle into retirement soon. ;)

DJC*