Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SYD :: Harbour Party NYE :: REVIEWS :: Luna Park

Donny Don't

Bluelighter
SYD :: Harbour Party NYE :: 31/12/04 :: Luna Park

WHAT : HARBOUR PARTY NYE
WHO : NORMAN JAY, LUCIEN FOORT, SMOKIN JO + AUSTRALIA'S FINEST DJ'S INCLUDING MARK DYNAMIX, PHIL K, MR TIMOTHY, ANDY VAN, AJAX, CRAIG OBEY, ILLYA, STEPEHN FERRIS, THE POTBELLEEZ, ANDY GLITRE, THE FIREHOUSE CREW, MR MURAT, GRAHAM MANDROULES, ROBIN KNIGHT, MATT ROBERTS
WHEN : FRIDAY DECEMBER 31 2004
WHERE : LUNA PARK
ATTRACTIONS : UNLIMTED RIDES ALL NIGHT, INDOOR / OUTDOOR AREAS, 5 ½ ACRES
TIME : 7PM TILL LATE

Located on the waterfront against the backdrop of our magnificent harbour means there is no better place to be than at Luna Park for Harbour Party this New Years Eve. This will be the first time that the whole park has been opened for an exclusive New Years Eve event and will offer unparalled views of our world famous fire works.

There will be 4 dance arenas featuring International dj royalty Norman Jay M.B.E (Good Times Sound System), the Dutch progressive house star Lucien Foort and Ibiza favourite Smokin Jo. As well, we have managed to secure the finest in dj talent from around Australia including Mark Dynamix (Ministry Of Sound), Phil K from Melbourne will make an all too rare Sydney appearance, mrTimothy and Andy Van from the Melbourne based Vicious Grooves label, Craig Obey (Hussle Recordings), the Firehouse Crew Inna dancehall style, Illya, Ajax, Stephen Ferris, Bondi's own Andy Glitre, Matt Roberts, Mr Murat, Graham Mandroules, Robin Knight, Irish nutters The Potbelleez and still more to be announced. So whether you are into house, breaks, soulful grooves, funk, electro there will be something to make sure you get your butt to the dancefloor.

Which is not too forget the unlimited rides all night which includes(dodgems, wild mouse, tango train, rotor, coney Island etc), grassed areas, circus and street performers, 5 acres, Indoor / outdoor areas and 6,000 party people!

-----------

My friends are dragging me along to this for NYE. I can't say i'm a huge fan of the DJ line-up or the genre of music (house/breaks just doesn't do it for me). Anyway i'm more interested in the free rides all night :)

And it's a pretty sweet venue for seeing the fireworks too :)

^^ pfft - how house or breaks can not do it for you or anybody is beyond my comprehension! They're unarguably and objectively the best genres of dance music! :p

But yeah, looks like fun... Andy Van hmm, he's pretty main stream.. he used to be like a nova/today fm regular dj Im pretty sure.

I don't mind funky house, but not so much deep house. I guess i just love my trance, maybe they'll slip a few uplifting tracks into their sets.

I'm also a bit dubious about the "late" finishing time. Given the track record of residents living next door to luna park complaining about noise during daylight hours i have a feeling they'll probably pull the plug soon after midnight.

It says on the website: Gates open 6PM to 3AM.
But what exactly does 'gates open' mean? does it mean that it's finishing at 2.00, and everyone has to be out by 3.00? or does it finish at 3.00?
I think 3.00 is a decent time seing as it starts so early...

I think it'll be fun! I'm looking forward to the rides, the music should be good too!

1st and 2nd release are already sold out - it must be selling fast!
:D

Im not coming to this but Im coming to Embrace with this the next day at Luna park :)

The bastards!
It did say on www.harbourparty.com that gates were open from 6pm til 3am, but now they've replaced 3am with 'late'. What does 'late' mean?
I hate it when they do that!

They have noise complaints by residence any time after 11pm at Luna Park. I can't see this event being able to be held much after 1am. Good luck for the promoters though if they can.

DJC*

^ Yep thats why Embrace the next day finishes @ 1am, It will finish then for sure.. There is people's balconies that are seriously meters away from the gates fence.

:)

Holy fuck I payed 160 bucks for, let me count this out, where are those fingers, 8 Hours...

Fuck... If anyone is keen I will be spending the rest of the night throwing rocks through the windows of the neighbouring rich peoples houses :)

...joking of course.

What really gets me is that Luna Park was always fucking there and these damn people spend all their time whingeing about it - don't buy or build a house next to an amusement park you godamn idiots!

Anyways should be a good night...

hmm anyone know what time that powerhouse party that was there went to?

I'm being dragged along to this by my girlfriend, would prefer to be at utopia. Hmm maybe i can swim across.

Ok i did a bit of investigation work.
Rang luna park and they said it will be finishing at 3am. yay. I think that is reasonable. Cause lets face it 3-6 is the gurner hours anyway.
It is starting pretty early anyway, i'm a happy little camper now.

BUMPAGE.

Well they're claiming tickets will be sold out by boxing day but i'm sure there'll still be tickets available on the night. It looks like a much older crowd going to this too. Quite a few people from my work are going and they're all in their 30s

Only 3 or 4 bluelighters out of the 6000?

I'm going to have to do more than my fair share of representing...

I shall be doing my fair share of representing also.

I've discovered all these people i know that will be going to this, that aren't into "the scene" as such, but rather are looking for a place to party with a good view of the fireworks.

A friend of a friend is looking to sell a ticket to this event. $80 asking price with free home delivery as well. (garlic bread is an extra $3) j/k :p

****The ticket has been taken****

Last edited: