• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SYD :: 12.02.05 :: Transmission Red Alert :: *REVIEWS* UNSW Roundhouse

I MIGHT be there. I fly home from holildays that day, but I don't know how I'll be feeling. My cousins are trying to talk me into going.

^^
You gotta come!!!

And Shoelace dude you can't turn down a free ticket to see Cosmic Gate live!

Shoelace said:

Better to have your Cherry poped by this than by driving 40 mins to some field in Mona Vale and rocking up to an old shed, housing the most colorful bunch of dummy suckin' misfits you've ever seen. 8( 8( 8(
-Later

WTF...care to elaborate on that?

By my standards, Transmission is not a rave. I say that only in my comparison to other more stereo typical "raves" such as the ones I mentioned but if you like, here are some more examples: Bangers, Liberation, Go-Nuts, Hyperspeed, Godspeed..blah blah blah.

The point is that regardless of what Dirty_Deed defines as a rave, I think its a great introduction to the clubbing world as a whole. Much better in my opinion than driving 40 mins to some feild in Mona Vale and rocking up to an old shed, housing the most colorful bunch of dummy suckin misfits you've ever seen :p

Yo Donny Don't, It would be cool to see you man..Its been a whle eh? We'll see about me going man, Im really strapped for cash dude. Even if I went, I would have to scrape just to get there and back plus all the other shite. We'll see...

WTF, care to masturbate on that?

Nah man, I'm done hehe. I'll let someone else hold the mic for a while.

-Later

Donny Don't said:
I think the State Sports Centre is a perfect venue. I don't have a bad word to say against it (and i mean the main arena, not the training arena where they had the last one). The Roundhouse isn't bad, but licencing laws mean they have to adhere to those crazy hours...which makes me wonder why they're having it there...

It's not the licensing laws, its colleges nearby =\ Because there's a college about 100m from the Roundhouse, they imposed a condition on the license that alcohol can only be served til 2am. Parties can go longer than that, if they have the approval of that college, and it's not during semester or exams, but not with alcohol.

I'll be there tomorrow :) If anyone wants to know what I look like, check out my gallery :D Would be cool to meet people.

I'll be wearing a red HTID shirt
(Hardcore Til I Die)

Last edited:
^
Checked your gallery and i'll keep an eye out for you :)

I think everybody will be wearing red though so it may be a little hard! I'll be wearing a simpsons t-shirt (Comic Book Guy - Worst T-Shirt Ever).

That t-shirt is on it's last legs, so i'm gonna look like a bit of a derro but i <3 it :)

Haha i can't believe it starts in half an hour....i haven't even had breakfast yet!!

Top party :) It's funny being at my own uni bar and seeing so many trashed people around, and there were some REALLY trashed people.

I got there at like 1:30pm and some guy was completely off his face in the toilets...

Really enjoyed myself :) Good music! Cosmic gate was unreal (as they always are), and DJ Walt ripped it up :)

Bit tired by the end, and left at midnight to get home at nearly 2 (stupid public transport)

Did anyone see those two people get carried out around 6pm? They weren't in a good state at all =\ some guy throwing up all over himself and unconscious... I don't know what the situation was, but it's very sad to see things like this happen. It puts a real dampener on the party... Everyone always needs to be careful with their drugs! Drugs stay dangerous no matter how many times you do them.

Highlights
$3.50 coronas (though they tasted really weird in the plastic cups)
seeing trashed people at my uni :D and lots of them
Cosmic Gate
DJ Walt
Meeting a few new people
Catching up with a few people I haven't seen in a while.

Downers:
Those random guys playing strange stuff at like 4-6 outside... wearing religiousesque suits and stuff. They kept playing the same tracks over and over and over.. ffs.
Getting to the party and knowing no-one (except my girlfriend)

all in all, a great night :) can't wait for the next one!

Awesome night!

AYSY was good, and DJ walt
but i thought the highlight of the night was at the after party with Dave-Joy.

Didn't go in but sat outside stoned and drunk. Trashy. Did Asys really play You're Shining or were we that far gone that we thought we heard it?

Someone played a trance ver of it around that time... wasn't sure what time it was exactly though.

Well, sounds like the internationals cleaned up.
Pity I missed it. I didnt even have 5 bucks to last over the weekend.
Oh well. Next time will be a different story.

-Later

Hasn't it been overplayed enough? Aren't there enough versions of it? Am I going to be hearing it with renewed vigour in the trance clubs and parties now?? 8(

Wasn't too bad an event. Glad i didn't pay for it though, i would have felt ripped off if that was the case. For an anthems event i didn't hear too many anthems.

there were so many trashed people too....i saw at least 4 different people spew, and then others walking and dancing in it...a lot of people clearly went overboard with the uni priced beers

it bore virtually no resemblance at all the state sports centre parties of old that i'd come to know and love...or maybe i'm just jaded

my night improved when i went to sweetchilli afterwards.....james holden played on of the best sets i've ever heard

Well, didn't get to go coz my mate had to organise some music for a bush bitch wedding in mudgee on saturday :S

aah well, next time. I can get free entry to any of the transmission events in the future and pretty much anything lisa organises, so mneh, no biggy, hopefully this next venue will be better anyhoo.

I thought lisa stopped.... wasn't that the whole point of the big fairwell?

Oh shit, u got a point there...aah well. There's other ppl about, coz no way in hell am I goin to these events paying out 80 bucks or whatnot.