• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Swollen Ankles

morecare

Greenlighter
Hello!

A few weeks ago I have come off of Codeine/Tramadol, and I have had a dramatic increase in my hunger and subsequently food intake. Within the past few days or so both of my ankles have swollen and become quite painful, I have gained 20 pounds in the space of three weeks (I was 195 lb - 6 foot 2) so am thinking this is likely related to that fact and perhaps an increased salt intake. (I've also been having very slight breathing trouble when sleeping that I feel is related - sleep apnea)

I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this? I'm a bit worried as I have a congenital heart condition and swollen ankles can be a symptom of heart failure, however I don't appear to have any of the other symptoms related to that, thinking a trip to the doc is in order.

Has anyone else experienced this symptom after withdrawal and on into recovery? I'm thinking it is purely related to the weight gain from the hunger rebound, so will be lowering my salt and calorie intake. Just wanted to get some opinions on others who may have had the same problem.

Many thanks!

MC

Check to make sure kidney failure can be scratched off the list, but I'd suggest get to a doc. Test are are faster than waiting.
peace bruh.
Phobophobic

yeah that kind of fluid accumulation in the ankles can indicate kidney or heart problems, with the extremely rapid weight gain i would for sure go in and get blood work run make sure you aren't harming your kidneys some way you don't know.

How long have you been on codeine? But first start with lowering you salt intake big time, you need to do rhe numbers on your recommended daily intake!! Salt will make you take on fluid and ankles and other parts will swell..

You have heart problems that you know of, so be careful.. There maybe liver issuse also
Get to the doctor ... 🤔

Hello!

A few weeks ago I have come off of Codeine/Tramadol, and I have had a dramatic increase in my hunger and subsequently food intake. Within the past few days or so both of my ankles have swollen and become quite painful, I have gained 20 pounds in the space of three weeks (I was 195 lb - 6 foot 2) so am thinking this is likely related to that fact and perhaps an increased salt intake. (I've also been having very slight breathing trouble when sleeping that I feel is related - sleep apnea)

I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this? I'm a bit worried as I have a congenital heart condition and swollen ankles can be a symptom of heart failure, however I don't appear to have any of the other symptoms related to that, thinking a trip to the doc is in order.

Has anyone else experienced this symptom after withdrawal and on into recovery? I'm thinking it is purely related to the weight gain from the hunger rebound, so will be lowering my salt and calorie intake. Just wanted to get some opinions on others who may have had the same problem.

Many thanks!

MC
Dry cough at all?
It could be congestive heart failure. Trouble breathing especially when lying down, swollen ankles , pressure in your head/face when tying shoes or bending over.
Also you could be severely dehydrated. Coconut water is really great .
And just plain water. It seems weird to drink more fluid cause of the swelling but it will help a great deal.
If it gets worse at all I would go see doc

Mine was actually unrelated. Big fancy term for having no arch support. Purchased new insoles and now my ankles aren't swollen anymore