• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Super potent salvia analogue

In my personal opinion I have no doubt that Salvia introduced itself to the world through smoking and made many many more people aware of the power. I for sure get rewarding and interesting trips smoking. And I love Kathleen Harrison and the work she does but no one has a monopoly on religion or religious practice. If Salvia got mad because it was smoked my ass would have been flung out a window 100 times already. lol It rewards me but I still do it as a ritual. Thank the plant, God and the opportunity and have had rewarding experiences and learned a lot. I also learned how there truly is some form of pain killing properties but I wonder if that is just dissociation.

I have quidded and for sure recommend. I want to try the tea that RS has been talking about and try that route. I have read all your posts on that here and at Nexus although not a member there and I want to try the tea!

That church in NY that uses DPT as a sacrament. Temple of the True Inner Light. I had a friend go there years ago and he basically said they dose you with DPT and preach to your face and it was annoying. They think that is the only proper way to use DPT. I disagree. LOL But I wonder if they changed up the vespers? :)

Salvia does NOT have to be smoked. You can chew it, or make a tea.
true, but it is a holy mess, I have done it with fresh leaves, dried leaves in a teabag quid, and tinctures, I am familiar with this roa, and the lore around it, but it takes 30 to 50 times as much to get simmilar effects, and after chewing for a half hour it is an awful drooling green mess which I find unpleasant and weird. and you do get effects but they dont last an hour except for after glow.

Why would people want an extended experience of a k-opioid like salvia. My experiences with it were pretty painful and dysphoric. Once i felt like i was being torn in half (like the depiction of the prophet Mohammad in Dante's Inferno). Another I felt i was in some sort of tornado, it sort of looked like that scene in the wizard of oz 😖

From what I understand, the quid/chewing method produces a massively different effects profile, like the difference between cocaine and crack. Apparently the effects are much less intense and overwhelming, and much more euphoric and peaceful.

One thing I learned about Bluelight is to each his own. This place would be boring if we all liked the same thing. I will say this yes a quidded experience is gentler but I do kind of agree with @pupnik. I wanted to like quidding better but this ally for me is better smoked. If a quid can give a euphoric, peaceful experience then some of us can be believed when we say smoking can too. I am going to try the tea that RS is recommending.

Even the drugs I don't particularly use or like I like reading about. I did meth once in my life but read the threads. Never use stimulants. Hardly use benzos but read the threads. Don't use dissociaties but like reading what people are saying. So I get satisfaction from even just reading about things. It should not be head scratching to see some people enjoy and learn from Salvia. But I do think there is a little guilt associated with a bad trip on DMT or Salvia and that sort of brings us down a little.

I get intense full body pleasure / euphoria from salvia- the quid method sucks taste wise but is how I like to do it. Short duration and the nature of the intoxication I am not a big fan of - although after the first few times I was able to keep the excessive laughter people sometimes get on this under control.

Perhaps the laughing and euphoria is from action on cannabinoid receptors?

I can't imagine a kappa opioid receptor agonist causing much laughter, I remember taking opioids with significant agonistic activity and feeling very serious/eerie (for example drugs like butorphanol). It's a cold sort of creepy feeling, colors become muted and lights dim. High intravenous doses of butorphanol had a sort of religious themed trip to it, very weird.

Perhaps salvinorin's activity on cannabinoid receptors is responsible for the laughing and euphoria (whereas KOR agonism produces the psychotomimetic and dissociative effects, as well as the analgesic and sedative).

My post got deleed due to captcha glitch or some shit..

Anyway, ive been trying salvia because i dont get visual effects from serotonergic psychedellics, and i havent tried pushing the dosages as they can have bodyload even at normal dosages. I'd be all for salvia-like drug which i can simply ingest. As a non-smoker it burns my thorat and i have nasty feeling in my mouth too and lungs. Even with 80x extract. I find it really substracts from the experience, especially if you're trying it for giggles and euphoria.

What im intrigued in is how come i couldnt find any posts about boofing salvia on the internet? It should be pretty easy to heat up an extract and then simmer it for a while and once it has cooled off just boof it?

My post got deleed due to captcha glitch or some shit..

Anyway, ive been trying salvia because i dont get visual effects from serotonergic psychedellics, and i havent tried pushing the dosages as they can have bodyload even at normal dosages. I'd be all for salvia-like drug which i can simply ingest. As a non-smoker it burns my thorat and i have nasty feeling in my mouth too and lungs. Even with 80x extract. I find it really substracts from the experience, especially if you're trying it for giggles and euphoria.

What im intrigued in is how come i couldnt find any posts about boofing salvia on the internet? It should be pretty easy to heat up an extract and then simmer it for a while and once it has cooled off just boof it?
Have you tried dxm? I think that would be more enjoyable than salvia, after trying that, you could try mixing it with a tryptamine to induce visuals, as it makes psychedelics stronger, and removes the aspect of fear, atleast for me it does, but I also mix lot so of,other drugs in usually to mitigate side effects, clonidine, weed, and Valium are best for that ime (mixed together, but to do that you have to work your way up, and try them alone first) anyway, dxm by itself induces visuals for me at doses above 300 mg, but weed strengthens them considerably and removes the nausea, but may add anxiety, which the Valium gets rid of, I also get his blood pressure from high doses, which the clonidine gets rid of. If you practice harm reduction, and know what your doing, it’s safe ime, and an amazing trip. You can buy the dxm at walmart to, but you have to eat it, that’s the only way it Ian to be used, do not boof it.
As for salvia, as long as Salvinorin A is water soluble, you should be able to boof it, but I would assume the dose required would be much lower, so adjust Accordingly
Sorry if I made all that sound complicated, I’ve been a poly drug user for a decade, and I have oded on accident enough times to count on one hand, so trust me, I know what I’m doing. I don’t feel satisfied with one drug, haven’t for a long time, mixing drugs that potentiate each other and reduce each other’s side effect Is a whole new level, it’s like comparing taking one drug to being sober.

For those of you asking how Salvia is when it is chewed or drank as opposed to smoked...

Smoked, it takes ~5 seconds to come on
Chewed, it takes ~5 minutes to come on.

Smoked, it lasts 10-20 minutes
Chewed, it lasts 20min to an hour since you last chewed it.

It comes on gradually, is more serene, less absurdist, and more meditative and conducive to coherent thought and question-and-answer dialogue with the plant.
Chewed, it is less dysphoric, although less intense. (But my question is, why go for intense? Really, why? Is it because you adhere to some American ideology that more=better? Sometimes less is more. The most life-changing (in a positive way) Salvia trips have been the ones that were gentle, where I had one foot in this world still and one foot in the other. The ones where I got catapulted into some weird dimension I came back with no lasting benefits, just existential trauma. YMMV of course.)

Remember, as Terrence McKenna said, the key with this plant is to close your eyes and look inward. If you keep them open and don't try to concentrate, of COURSE you're gonna want a strong ass extract so that it hits you like a ton of bricks--then you CAN'T miss it. But in my experience, the real treasure of working with this plant emerges when you take a modest amount and really make the effort to meet it halfway--peacefully, gently, respectfully, and in silent darkness or at least darkness with some simple music playing.

It pays to be patient with this plant.

I think smoking plain leaf is better for most purposes than high potency extract. Plain leaf has never been boring, it's never been anything but wonderful!! So many times when I used to smoke the leaf things would happen like I'd roll a joint with salvia in it and halfway through it I started to cry because I felt so happy, then I couldn't remember what I was smoking anymore but I felt SO happy!! Other times I would lay down in the dark and see a tunnel which I would float through for the duration of the experience. I felt a friendly feminine presence guiding me.

It really pays to pray and meditate before doing salvia. I like up to 10x-15x extract, but I tried the 50x or 100x once forgot which. I hit it and instantly everything went black. I was in an alternate dimension. I saw a big multicolored mechanical cylinder rotating, I rotated with it, fell off the couch, and hit my head on the coffee table.

"It wasn't even like it was the same drug bc it's so intense with the high power extract." For people who think salvia is dysphoric I would challenge you to try it again but to smoke a decent amount of plain leaf. People are usually laughing and happy. High power extract is like getting whacked on the head with a psychedelic mallet.

Hey I resemble that remark!! :D (in Tony Montana voice "if I am the bad man what that make you? good?)

I have noticed a few threads of people having heavenly experiences. It has been an ally for years for me. Plain leaf. But again anything that can be scary can be loving too. You can't have one without the other.
I have found salvia awesome. I'm really glad I did it, and enjoyed most of my trips. However, I have absolutely no desire to take it again. Which I guess is a good thing :/

Have you tried dxm? I think that would be more enjoyable than salvia, after trying that, you could try mixing it with a tryptamine to induce visuals, as it makes psychedelics stronger, and removes the aspect of fear, atleast for me it does, but I also mix lot so of,other drugs in usually to mitigate side effects, clonidine, weed, and Valium are best for that ime (mixed together, but to do that you have to work your way up, and try them alone first) anyway, dxm by itself induces visuals for me at doses above 300 mg, but weed strengthens them considerably and removes the nausea, but may add anxiety, which the Valium gets rid of, I also get his blood pressure from high doses, which the clonidine gets rid of. If you practice harm reduction, and know what your doing, it’s safe ime, and an amazing trip. You can buy the dxm at walmart to, but you have to eat it, that’s the only way it Ian to be used, do not boof it.
As for salvia, as long as Salvinorin A is water soluble, you should be able to boof it, but I would assume the dose required would be much lower, so adjust Accordingly
Sorry if I made all that sound complicated, I’ve been a poly drug user for a decade, and I have oded on accident enough times to count on one hand, so trust me, I know what I’m doing. I don’t feel satisfied with one drug, haven’t for a long time, mixing drugs that potentiate each other and reduce each other’s side effect Is a whole new level, it’s like comparing taking one drug to being sober.

I have tried DXM. It tends to consistently makes me nauseous / sick in my guts. I have tried dosages up to 210mg and it became dysphoric. My sweet spot is 150mg and i get nice physical euphoria and good dissociative / introspective effects. However i must say i wouldn't want to mix it with tryptamines since itself is also serotonergic drug to some extent. Maybe i'll try mixing them with other dissos. I do have weed and benzos, so i'll try adding them to the mix when i get the chance.

Yeah apparently salvinorin a is not that soluble in water :/

I have tried DXM. It tends to consistently makes me nauseous / sick in my guts. I have tried dosages up to 210mg and it became dysphoric. My sweet spot is 150mg and i get nice physical euphoria and good dissociative / introspective effects. However i must say i wouldn't want to mix it with tryptamines since itself is also serotonergic drug to some extent. Maybe i'll try mixing them with other dissos. I do have weed and benzos, so i'll try adding them to the mix when i get the chance.

Yeah apparently salvinorin a is not that soluble in water :/
Take 50-100 mg of Benadryl, 5-10 mg of Valium, and smoke weed throughout the trip, if you do that, I doubt you’ll get nauseas, Valium and other benzos are extremely strong anti emetics

For those of you asking how Salvia is when it is chewed or drank as opposed to smoked...

Smoked, it takes ~5 seconds to come on
Chewed, it takes ~5 minutes to come on.

Smoked, it lasts 10-20 minutes
Chewed, it lasts 20min to an hour since you last chewed it.

It comes on gradually, is more serene, less absurdist, and more meditative and conducive to coherent thought and question-and-answer dialogue with the plant.
Chewed, it is less dysphoric, although less intense. (But my question is, why go for intense? Really, why? Is it because you adhere to some American ideology that more=better? Sometimes less is more. The most life-changing (in a positive way) Salvia trips have been the ones that were gentle, where I had one foot in this world still and one foot in the other. The ones where I got catapulted into some weird dimension I came back with no lasting benefits, just existential trauma. YMMV of course.)

Remember, as Terrence McKenna said, the key with this plant is to close your eyes and look inward. If you keep them open and don't try to concentrate, of COURSE you're gonna want a strong ass extract so that it hits you like a ton of bricks--then you CAN'T miss it. But in my experience, the real treasure of working with this plant emerges when you take a modest amount and really make the effort to meet it halfway--peacefully, gently, respectfully, and in silent darkness or at least darkness with some simple music playing.

It pays to be patient with this plant.
dear me, you can smoke less and have a very good effect.
you have shown a comparison, but you did not indicate how much you smoked of what strength (particularly how many ug's of salvinorin A are we talking)

from the literature (over several years of being salvia enthusiast) most people go for 1mg salvinorin A because that is what Siebert claims to have vaporized - they discuss filling bowls with 20x which is probably 2 or 3 mg, or 2000micrograms of salvinorin A - these users go all the way to level 6 barely touching 1 2 3 4 and 5.
I think they are nuts. they miss the best part.
I only smoke between 250 and 350 micrograms of pure salvinorinA previously laid on cigarette paper giving level 4 and occasionally level 5.
I get the same effect from about 1/2 of a large dried leaf, so people who are smoking a bowl of 20x are smoking about 10 leaves concentrated down to one bowl which is more than the recommended. amount - approximately 2500 micrograms of salvinorin-A.

For a quid it is 'officially' recommended to use 12 pairs of large leaves (or more) which again is around 3500 micrograms of Salvinorin-A

this is between 50 to 100 times what I use when I smoke. (leaf content might vary between 2 and 5 mg Salvinorin- A per leaf.) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7913753/

getting a grip on your preferred dose is the first lesson to learn if you want to know this drug. One size does not fit all.

DO y
dear me, you can smoke less and have a very good effect.
you have shown a comparison, but you did not indicate how much you smoked of what strength (particularly how many ug's of salvinorin A are we talking)

from the literature (over several years of being salvia enthusiast) most people go for 1mg salvinorin A because that is what Siebert claims to have vaporized - they discuss filling bowls with 20x which is probably 2 or 3 mg, or 2000micrograms of salvinorin A - these users go all the way to level 6 barely touching 1 2 3 4 and 5.
I think they are nuts. they miss the best part.
I only smoke between 250 and 350 micrograms of pure salvinorinA previously laid on cigarette paper giving level 4 and occasionally level 5.
I get the same effect from about 1/2 of a large dried leaf, so people who are smoking a bowl of 20x are smoking about 10 leaves concentrated down to one bowl which is more than the recommended. amount - approximately 2500 micrograms of salvinorin-A.

For a quid it is 'officially' recommended to use 12 pairs of large leaves (or more) which again is around 3500 micrograms of Salvinorin-A

this is between 50 to 100 times what I use when I smoke. (leaf content might vary between 2 and 5 mg Salvinorin- A per leaf.) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7913753/

getting a grip on your preferred dose is the first lesson to learn if you want to know this drug. One size does not fit all.
Do you have an account on the Shroomery ?

Take 50-100 mg of Benadryl, 5-10 mg of Valium, and smoke weed throughout the trip, if you do that, I doubt you’ll get nauseas, Valium and other benzos are extremely strong anti emetics

Man i appreciate that you're trying to help but i hope nobody reading this thread actually heeds to your advice. 50-100mg diphenhydramine??? WTF man 25mg is enough to put people to sleep, 50mg is enough even if i have strong insomnia and you want to push the dosage to 100mg where the anticholinergic effects start to show? and then you want to add weed which will either make u sleepy (low dosage) or trippy in an uncomfortable way (high dosages). And then you want to smoothen it with diazepam? Not to mention the basic combo DXM + tryptamine (both serotonergic drugs, which actually do have cross-tolerance). So your idea of having a good trip is combining 5 different drugs? You know what's actually the best combination to smoothen psychedellics or even stimulants: phenibut. i have tried it numerous times and it never fails to deliver.

But enough about derailing the thread with talk about tripping, i'm here for salvia analogues.

Man i appreciate that you're trying to help but i hope nobody reading this thread actually heeds to your advice. 50-100mg diphenhydramine??? WTF man 25mg is enough to put people to sleep, 50mg is enough even if i have strong insomnia and you want to push the dosage to 100mg where the anticholinergic effects start to show? and then you want to add weed which will either make u sleepy (low dosage) or trippy in an uncomfortable way (high dosages). And then you want to smoothen it with diazepam? Not to mention the basic combo DXM + tryptamine (both serotonergic drugs, which actually do have cross-tolerance). So your idea of having a good trip is combining 5 different drugs? You know what's actually the best combination to smoothen psychedellics or even stimulants: phenibut. i have tried it numerous times and it never fails to deliver.

But enough about derailing the thread with talk about tripping, i'm here for salvia analogues.
I take 75 mg to sleep every night, I mean if you’re that sensitive, then Ya take less. People mix dissociatives and tryptamines, I’ve done this mixture more time so than I can count, right now I’m on 50 mg Benadryl 600 mg gabapentin, 150 mcg buprenorphine, about 12 grams of kratom, and 300 mg of dxm instant release
I’m not dying lol. And yes, when I trip on mescaline or really any hallucinogens, I always mix a bunch of different drugs with it. I mean I could compare drugs to a sandwich. I’m not gonna be happy with just bread, or just cheese, or just lettuce, or just ham, I mean Iwoud enjoy them aon their own, but why not put them together and make a sandwich

I’ve taken 8 different drugs at once before, that really what I’m addicted to I guess, mixing everything together, if you don’t like my advice, then don’t follow it.

in Fact, I wish I had some dmt and ketamine right now, oh and 10 mg of Valium, if i wasn’t on remeron I’d take 50 mcg of clonidine.