• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suggestions on easing through 9 days off perc?

backpainer

Greenlighter
So...I’ve got an 8-9 day forced (as in I’m out before refill time) break from the perc. My prescribed dose is 30mg a day and has been for the last several years. It has definitely dropped off in efficacy over the years and 30 isn’t working too well. This past year I’ve taken the fourth week of the month off several times with no issue, but last month I tried it and it was miserable, not counting the pain. Two questions...

First, last month’s break I tried kratom to get me by. From various things I read online I settled on a dose of 15 capsules per dose, 2-3 times daily. A white strand which felt great but didn’t last long. Was that too much? Could that possibly have been why I started feeling so terrible at day 7 where the previous week long breaks had been pretty easy?

Second, some advice on my other prescriptions that could help? I’m prescribed butalbital twice a day for migraines, but the prescription actually allows me 4 per day. My daily routine is 2 butalb at about 11am, 15mg perc at 1 or 2 and 15mg more at 4...lately taking another 15 at 5 or 6. At night I take either 60mg of temazepam or 20mg of ambien to sleep. I cycle those two every two weeks (also for several years...7 actually)

The problem I have with taking another couple butalb is that I get a bit of a rushed type of feeling when I do that second dose, even though it’s 4-5 hours later. Is there a trick to butalb? Taking it with certain foods maybe that make later doses better? Would low dosing the temazepam help during the day? I don’t want to get high, and definitely need to function, I just don’t want to feel like crap by day 5. There’s a lot of stress atm, so I’m hoping to ease this break as much as possible.

I also have three old bottles of klonipin, but 1mg of that stuff makes me so groggy. Maybe a klonipin with a couple Sudafed? That’s a very magical combo when you’ve got the flu or cold and have to go to work, btw.

Thanks n advance!

First, last month’s break I tried kratom to get me by. From various things I read online I settled on a dose of 15 capsules per dose, 2-3 times daily.

How much per capsule? 500mg or 750mg? If 500mg for example that's ~7.5g. If you are opioid tolerant you should do at least ~12-15g for positive effect and maybe even more.

Barbs and benzos are only going to help so much with opioid withdrawal, and it really isn't that much help other than killing the anxiety and helping you sleep.

If I were in your situation, had to WD off oxy, I would buy a bunch of kratom and loperamide. Benzos and weed would also be great. It's going to suck either way.

And yeah, tolerance to kratom kicks in quickly within a few days and if you are already opioid tolerant kratom is quite weak (but still helps in WD).