• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sudden Weird effects from dexedrine?

Scarlet101

Greenlighter
(Im sorry if I've posted this in the wrong thread, im new here and still trying to figure out how This site works lol)

I've been taking dexedrine IR for about 5 years. 40mg a day. And have never had problems with it, but for the past two weeks when I've taken it (like 3 or 4 times) it's made me feel very weird. Anxiety, dizziness, lethargic, migraines, eyelid twitching. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or any idea what the issue could be. I have a doctors appointment in a couple weeks, but it would be nice to have some idea before then if I should be worried or not. Thanks :)

Amphetamine is a weird drug, one day it?ll make me feel on the ball, sharp as a tack. Then the next day the same dose will make me feel sleepy, dumbed down, and generally melancholic. I?ve definitely experienced side effects like the ones you have had, usually i get those kind of effects when i don?t get a lot of food and/or sleep and have taken too much.

Try getting some good healthy meals and a full nights sleep for a couple days with minimal dexedrine. Your tolerance might be catching up with you as well. You should take a break for a month or so and see how you feel.

Has anything changed in your life recently?

Im not saying its not amphetamine.

But given its been years it could very well be something else.

Amphetamine is a weird drug, one day it?ll make me feel on the ball, sharp as a tack. Then the next day the same dose will make me feel sleepy, dumbed down, and generally melancholic. I?ve definitely experienced side effects like the ones you have had, usually i get those kind of effects when i don?t get a lot of food and/or sleep and have taken too much.

Try getting some good healthy meals and a full nights sleep for a couple days with minimal dexedrine. Your tolerance might be catching up with you as well. You should take a break for a month or so and see how you feel.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely try that!! And Its good to know I'm not the only one whose experienced this haha. :)

Has anything changed in your life recently?

Im not saying its not amphetamine.

But given its been years it could very well be something else.
Nah nothing has really changed, maybe more stress? That's all I can think of lol.

Glad to help. A couple good recovery days are not only healthy for the mind and body but it?ll slow the build of tolerance.

Amphetamine is a relatively safe substance when used responsibly but the body still needs breaks every once in a while. You may feel a little down in the dumps and lazy for your off days, this is normal so just stick with it.