• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Successful Bernese Method?

strawberry69

Greenlighter
Heya, I'm kind of in a hole rn trying to get off of heroin. I'm looking to do the bernese method with 8mg suboxone sublingual strips. Does anyone have a day to day dose chart you can provide and maybe a photo of how I should be cutting my subs. And when should I be taking them? Some people take them after they smoke and that sounds kind of spooky even at such a low dose of bupe. I'm scared but I really, really need help getting off this shit. Thanks in advanced

Last edited:
I took the idea of the Bernese method and tried a variation, in my experience it worked, from fent to sub.
I started with a microdose, i had 0.2 mg tablets and that made building up the dose pretty easy.
I still had done fent the day before i switched, and the day after i wated as long as i could, but as wd kicked in, it wasn't long...
I took 0.2 mg, waited 4 hours and checked how i felt. Then dosed again.
I took 0.8 mgs in total that first 24 hours.
Until the sickness got less and stayed bearable.
The next day i was able to take 2 mg at once and not get sick at all.
No pws at all and now long after changing to sub i see I worried way more about quittinq than was actually needed.
I eventually worked my dose back to 0.2mgs and keeping it there steady now.

I can't advice on cutting the strips, my tabs are to be taken sublingually and imo bupi works good that way.
Good luck.
Greetz.

Yeh done the transition piss easy. Only make sure your not poly using as it will complicate the process.

Heya, I'm kind of in a hole rn trying to get off of heroin. I'm looking to do the bernese method with 8mg suboxone sublingual strips. Does anyone have a day to day dose chart you can provide and maybe a photo of how I should be cutting my subs. And when should I be taking them? Some people take them after they smoke and that sounds kind of spooky even at such a low dose of bupe. I'm scared but I really, really need help getting off this shit. Thanks in advanced

It will be much easier with 2mg patches cause those already get small as shit (16ths?) I used this method with a black and blue addiction but I hopped off a little bit later than my doctor wanted. They told me to start with one small bit once a day and then double every day til around 8mgs while trying to cut back on other opiates. Then on the day you think your ready to go you take 8 at first and just keep taking more subs til you feel better. I never did in fact I think I took 30ish mg and get even worse from it. I had relatively mild wd symptoms for like 3 days, I was able to work. Here’s a quote from my doctor

Day 1: 1/4 film strip twice a day. Day 2: 1/2 film strip twice a day. Day 3: 1 film strip twice a day, Day 4: 1 1/2 film strips twice a day. Day 5: 2 films strips twice a day. Day 6: 2 films strips three times a day. Day 7: 6 films strips once a day.

In reality I went even slower taking 2 full weeks to microdose that shit in me. Doc says up to 36mg subs is safe for when your doinit like this. I think they make my teeth hurt though. Good luck dude

See: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/advice-on-humanely-detoxing-from-fentanyl-pills.935708/ for more info on successful bupe induction from big habits using the Bernese method.

I’ve done it twice, once this past September and again over the past week. Everything went fine both times. No issues.
This is what I like to hear 👍 I’m starting the Bernese method 2 days from now and was hoping to hear from someone who has did it. Any information on how to go about it so it works well is extremely appreciated. I tried it once but felt a small amount of withdrawal on the first and second day of taking half a mg per day. I didn’t continue because I just didn’t know what to expect in the next days to come. Maybe I should start with one quarter mg? I’m on 130 mg Methadone daily. Haven’t used heroin in 17 years. I have a prescription for diazepam, clonidine, pregabelin, for withdrawals. The side effects of the methadone are getting old and I really need to switch. Congratulations on your induction working well and have a phenomenal day. David