• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Subutex and tooth extractions

mtop2036

Bluelighter
So I'm going to have a tooth pulled here soon while being on subutex. I'm curious as to how it's going to go taking the subutex with a big hole in my mouth. I have a real hard time keeping it under my tounge as my mouth fills with spit. I'm worried that I will get pill chunks and or spit with the medication Stuck in the hole. I'm terrified about the blood clot comming out giving me dry socket. Plus it can't be good on my gums having subute x sitting in there or worse getting some sub in it and having it heal over. Possibly the buperenophrine might be absorbed in the hole or might not but the fillers I'm not so sure about.

I can't be the only person to have to deal with this. How did it work out for anyone of you? Any advice would help.

I know I could snort for a few days but I'd hate to get that started plus I'm on 18mg (2 8s and 1 2) which would way to much powder. The one time I tried snorting my sub i tried half of a 2 and struggled to not suck it down into a drip and swallowing it, which was a waste.

I could ask my dentist about it but he dosn t know anything about my history and he dosn t need to so that's out. Maybe if any of you know a semi common med that Also has to be taking sublingually I'd could tell him I'm on that but that is risky as well for many reasons. I plan on asking the nurses\counselors at the clinic i get it from but they have such a high turn over rate is be surprised if any of them have been there long enough to run into this issue.

Also I've noticed my self creating a bit of an suction in my mouth with the subs in which can also pull out the clot. Trying to teach my self to not do it but who knows if I'll be a me to completely cut it out in time.

Maybe I'm overthinking this and I hope I am but would love to hear how this went for any of you.

Thanks and sorry for any typos I'm on a tablet with horrible auto correct.

Take your time. Snort it slowly. Don't risk taking it normally after your tooth.

Take your time. Snort it slowly. Don't risk taking it normally after your tooth.

I'll do whatever I have to to save my mouth but I hate to snort.

For one I know I'm in the minority here but my subutex gets me high, quite high at times to be honest. I'm aware that most people on maintenance who experience any good feelings that they no longer get the feelings in a few weeks, and the same goes for methadone. But I was on methadone from 2012 to about a month ago and even with tapering from 130mg to 56mg over the years I could still get high most of the time even though that wasn't my goal and still isn't now. Opiates have always effected me differently than most.

My point is the way the subs effect me at the moment I'm worried to snort them because of the higher bioavailability . It would most likly make trashed beyond belief. Oddly enough even though I can feel the subutex I still get withdrawals later on in the day which I know is highly unlikely but like I said opiates effect me more than most plus my body is trashed at the moment( just got out from over a 2 week stay in the hospital a few weeks ago).

There has to be something I can do. Maybe I can safely cover the hole for the 20 or so minutes i keep it in my mouth. After the pills dissolve i keep the spit in, swishing it everywhere around my mouth for about 5 minutes before I swallow it. I personally can tell a big difference from when I do this vs just keeping it under my tounge which I don't do a good job of anyways. But then the spit with the sub Will get in the hole, but as long as the blood clot is still their it shouldn't be an issue I hope. Maybe after I swallow the spit o should gently do a salt rinse to get any remaining sub out of the hole.

Idk maybe it will be allright. Just like how your not supposed to smoke for a few days i have always smoked weed through out the healing process only i just make sure to hardly inhale on the pipe and have always been ok. But then again this is completely diffrent. I have a few weeks to figure this out but If the dentist office as any cancellations i could be getting this done as early as tomorrow. Honestly I'm terrified about this.

Just reduce the amount you use when you use it nasally to adjust.... I wish my problem was as simple as yours