• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

subutex after weekend opiate binge

theclaw

Greenlighter
I am on subutex maintenance and this weekend binged on opiates (heroin and possibly fentanyl laced heroin) and crack. I know you are supposed to wait for a while before you take subutex after opiates, but my understanding is that you are supposed to wait until withdrawals to take subutex, but I suspect that may not be true after a weekend binge. My last use was a point or 2 10 hours ago. I just took some Xanax and my plan is to wait until I get up tomorrow to take the subutex, but am I safe to take it even sooner?

welp, just took the subutex and not having any precipitated wds. I always tell myself never again with crack and always seem to fuck it up 2x/month.

Yeah I cant tell you how many times I have said "never again" with crack. I still do it after 6 years of saying that, 2 of those years I smoked everyday. Now I still cant completely make myself stop, but I only do it on occasion, which is not nearly as bad as every day. And if I do full agonist opioids/opiates such as H at night around like 10-11 pm and go to sleep for 8-10 hours or so I can wake up and take my sub with no precipitated withdrawls, possibly because I have a very fast metabolism. I would recommend waiting like at least 12-24 hrs after your last dose of dope just to be safe, or until you feel like complete shit, it is different with everyone so be careful. Also it depends a lot on how much dope you have done before taking the sub...

I'm no doctor, but it seems to me that if someone is physically dependent on buprenorphine and does heroin for 2 days, that since the person is not habituated to heroin, then the risk of precipitated withdrawal upon resuming buprenorphine is far lower.

I have pretty serious financial problems right now and this weekend's binge was really poorly timed.

Possibly. I have been on bupe maintenance for years now.. haven't done an actual full agonist opioid in over a year. But last time I did it was H and I did it for 3 days in a row, no subs in between. The last dose I did was right before bed one night and I woke up the next morning, started feeling the WDs creepin up on me and then took my normal 2mg dose of sub. so I waited roughly 8 hours between taking the 2. After that I felt like I was starting to get addicted to dope again and even with my sub was craving it for the next couple weeks but stuck with my sub and haven't looked back since. I am one of those rare people that likes bupe as much as any other opioid. It gives me a very nice, different kind of high than most opioids. It starts out sedating and noddy feeling then becomes more of an energetic, happy yet calm feeling. I love my bupe.