• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone

Purplebiclighter

Greenlighter
I took 2 8mg Suboxone pills and spit them both out about halfway thru them dissolving. When is the soonest I can get high from an opioid?

If memory serves, the half life of Buprenorphine is around 36 hours or so. I think the naloxone in there has a HL of 1-2ish hours? For me I could usually break through after the 10-12hrs, with a diminished high. 24 to 36 before the full effect was nearly back. This is referring mostly to Heroin and Fentanyl usage, with other things ymmv.

Assuming you were accurate in your guestimate of half of the pills being dissolved (there is much more surface area on the outside of a pill, so LOOKING like half is likely more than half), in 36 hours the naloxone is nearly gone, but you'd still have 4mg Buprenorphine in your system. Even though buprenorphine is an opioid, it is an antagonist to most opioid receptors, and only a partial agonist for others; This, combined with the fact that it binds strongly to the receptors it effects means it's not just the naloxone blocking you from getting high. This hasn't even factored in your weight. The less you weigh, the more milligrams per kilogram your body has to deal with. If you weight less, it could take longer to totally wear off. I'm a bigger guy, and rarely took 8mg at once, so my numbers above may not be the same as yours.

Finally, take this post with a grain of salt. I'm not a doctor, biochemist, pharmacist, etc. This is not intended as medical advice of any kind, just information. Everything I've said is based of things I've read and my own personal experience. Make sure you double check the things I've said... After all, it's coming from my memory, which is at best maybe above average, but nowhere near perfect. Good luck and be safe!

For me it would take 3 days before I could feel any opiates. 2 days would never work for me. I used to try all the time. I’m now in recovery. It was a struggle because I used to do the same thing

For me it would take 3 days before I could feel any opiates. 2 days would never work for me. I used to try all the time. I’m now in recovery. It was a struggle because I used to do the same thing
Congrats on making it into recovery! How long are have you been clean/sober? I'm almost 2 years clean from opiates and I don't miss it at all. I do still occasionally use psychedelics, smoke weed, and drink so I'm not technically in recovery anymore, but 12-step programs have saved my life more than once and really do work.