• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Transition - Rectal, Klonopin Please Help!

that's not true really unless your nose has the ability to absorb practically 100% of the drug. Insufflation is 50% (roughly) BA compared to sublingual which is 30%. That being said, it's still a pretty big difference really. For anyone that's gone back to sublingual, it's kind of depressing how much more you need.

Ok, I just started Suboxone last week. What do you mean by Insufflation is 50% and sublingual is 30%??? Are you telling me that snorting gives you 20% more of the medication?? Please explain this to me. Thanks.

^That's what the figures say, but in my personal experience, snorting is more than 2x as strong as taking it sublingually. This is subjective for my personal experience, of course, but I can say with 100% certainty that bupe is more than 2x stronger when insuffulated nasally versus when taken sublingually, for me.

I was thinking of potential reasons for this, and I have to think if one of the reasons for this is that in the studies, the subjects were given whole pressed pills. This kept any granules of the Suboxone from touching their taste buds and making their mouths water (citric acid and all); I have to think that this influx of saliva must decrease the effectiveness of sublingual absorption considerably...

Last edited:

Ok, when you say stronger....do you mean the buzz within the first couple of hours doing it OR does it last longer as far as time goes?