• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Transition - Rectal, Klonopin Please Help!

KeWLMoNk

Greenlighter
OK so I'm using about a book a day again - it's not the strongest in the world but most of you NY's know the Brooklyn stuff (Targets tonight). I'm going to use my last bit tonight probably around 1am, and feel crappy when i wake up for sure.

I NEVER feel good at all when I take as directed and after reading posts I need to know - first how long to wait before taking the subs, if I should take some Klonopin first (how much) - or any over the counter stuff or 420....then

1 - Rectal - I have the 2mg Suboxone Orange pills. Is it worth crushing up, putting in the water and doing it up the butt? Should I heat it or anything? Should i take 4mg or more first?

2- Snort - same question how much should I take, and is it better than rectal (which seems solid so far from what Ive read)

3- IV - I had NO idea i could should this shit. I was always told it was REALLY bad to do so. That said, I LOVE shooting, and need to know the details of how much I should take if it's even possible, if i should do it, how long to wait beforehand, all that stuff. I figure crush up 2mg, and go through the usual drill that I go through when I'm doing H or speedballs but, I trust what you guys know so please, be my savior

Finally - my Klonopins...I have .5's - Should I take them normally? Chew them or put them under my tongue? And how much should I take to really make the W/D as mild as possible? The less pain I can feel tomorrow the better

I relapsed SO bad simply because I have such a hard time getting back on subs. I usually feel HORRIBLE the first day - like I cant even get out of bed, and I don't know what the deal is. Usually takes a few days before i feel decent and I hate it. So any info anyone can give me about taking the meds I'm RX'd in a way that'll make me feel as good as possible, I'm all ears.

I don't care if I am a zombie the first day, so long as I can function and eat and speak to people. I get feel so horrible usually I'm already nervous.

Please help - I know you guys are really smart and experienced out there, so I am totally in your hands this time around - sick of trying to pretend I know what I am doing and failing.

I can't tell you guys how bad I just want to transition back - I'm praying that one of these alternate solutions is the way to go

i dont care what your problem is, shoving suboxone up your butt is not a reasonable solution to anything.

search through the suboxone megathread, there is tons of relavent info in there.

The best way to use suboxone is to let it dissolve under your tongue its the same with the kpins which I would only max out about 2mgs a day with.

The best way to use suboxone is to let it dissolve under your tongue its the same with the kpins which I would only max out about 2mgs a day with.

I prefer to snort my subs...works faster, stronger, and lasts atleast the same amount of time. I reccomend only 1 maybe 2mg a day in the morning intranasaly....at those low doses you will get some euphoric effects sometimes and feel less inclined to relapse....on higher doses it just tends to make you feel normal and thats it...not even a slight buzz.

If you take the suboxone under your tongue, you can increase the BA by swiping a high proof alcohol under your tongue before placing the pill there. Also, let the suboxone sit under your tongue as long as possible without, trying not to swallow. You might want to break the pill into smaller pieces and take each piece as each one dissolves.

I was prescribed xanax for a while before being prescribed the suboxone, and I would usually be knocked out after taking both of them in the morning. I would have to take a power nap because I couldn't even keep my eyes open. So keep that in mind if you are thinking of taking the klonopin with it, and remember that they both have long half-lives.

if you really want to quit and just use sub then takeing it via iv is not the way to go also remember less is more with sub's

If you do decide to IV however, do not heat the pills. Do not heat any pills for that matter when IVing. Just saw now that you had asked about heating it, so the answer is no.

yo, BK dope is good. much better than the manhattan shit.. anyway, borough pride aside, wait as long as you can stand it before switching to suboxone, and when you do, use as low of a dose as possible, so that you don't overdo it. You can always add more.

If you're going to I.V it (which you definately CAN do) shoot no more than .3-.6 mg at a time. for every .3 mg you shoot, thats equal to 1 mg sublingual (give or take a little).

If you go into precipitated w/d after 1-2 mg of sub, I would keep taking the sub 2 mg at a time until I felt better.

You're really lucky btw, that you got those klonopins. I would use them during the in between period when your waiting to take your first dose of sub. That way you can hold off on dosing as long as possible. I recently switched back to sub after a week long binge, and the first few days are pretty rough. After three days on the sub though I felt pretty much normal, and have even been able to taper my sub dose down to 1 mg a day I.V. Good luck.

I used to smoke a shit load of patches.. I'd buy 8-10 at the beginning of the month and I'd finish them off on a weekend.. So 4-5 patches over 2 days.. I had a monster tolerance for fent... Well, I woke up after passing out that night and I had no patches left.. I was feeling a body/headache.. I had some subs so I just took half a 8mg pill.. so 4mg.. I still felt bad.. so I took 12mg more.. [1 1/2 pills] and I was okay..

I'm guessing that if you have enough suboxone that you'll be able to breakthrough the precip w/ds.. The subs made me feel worse after the first 1/2 pill.. then I took more and I felt normal..

I hope this can help.. anyone else think that this is true?

Basically, start at a small dose, and if it helps.. don't do anymore.. if it doesn't help.. I'd take the rest..

16mg you took at once? never heard of more then 8mg's at a time i always thought less was more with sub did you experance any euphoria?

OK - well I ended up re-upping today anyway - I had to cuz there was demand in the area so whatever, I didn't intend to do much but a book, speedballed with a crack chaser is where I ended up.

Taking it under my tongue with the alcohol sounds like a decent Idea -you mean liquor right?

Usually I felt pretty decent when is started on the subs, but i wasn't doing this much dope, and so now I'm all messed up and can't seem to NOT get sick. Day 1 i feel SO horrible I dont know what to do.

What i gather is i should do one of the following -- take my last dose, go to sleep, wait until im feeling the sweats and stuff - or worse if i can

Take 2mg, crush it up and snort it

or

Take 2 mg, put some liquore under my tongue and put the 2mg pill, maybe crushed? under there. The prob is I build up SO much saliva its unreal - i feel like I gotta be losing SO much of the sub cuz i cant help but swallow..maybe the alcohol will help?

Then - after taking the subs, take like 2mb of KPins ? Smoke a bowl or something?

God it's the worst thing about subs that I have to get sick first. Thats the part that scares teh crap out of me and keeps me from going back .. the thought of being sick just scares the shit out of me at this point :(

OK so I'm using about a book a day again - it's not the strongest in the world but most of you NY's know the Brooklyn stuff (Targets tonight). I'm going to use my last bit tonight probably around 1am, and feel crappy when i wake up for sure.

I NEVER feel good at all when I take as directed and after reading posts I need to know - first how long to wait before taking the subs, if I should take some Klonopin first (how much) - or any over the counter stuff or 420....then

1 - Rectal - I have the 2mg Suboxone Orange pills. Is it worth crushing up, putting in the water and doing it up the butt? Should I heat it or anything? Should i take 4mg or more first?

2- Snort - same question how much should I take, and is it better than rectal (which seems solid so far from what Ive read)

3- IV - I had NO idea i could should this shit. I was always told it was REALLY bad to do so. That said, I LOVE shooting, and need to know the details of how much I should take if it's even possible, if i should do it, how long to wait beforehand, all that stuff. I figure crush up 2mg, and go through the usual drill that I go through when I'm doing H or speedballs but, I trust what you guys know so please, be my savior

Finally - my Klonopins...I have .5's - Should I take them normally? Chew them or put them under my tongue? And how much should I take to really make the W/D as mild as possible? The less pain I can feel tomorrow the better

I relapsed SO bad simply because I have such a hard time getting back on subs. I usually feel HORRIBLE the first day - like I cant even get out of bed, and I don't know what the deal is. Usually takes a few days before i feel decent and I hate it. So any info anyone can give me about taking the meds I'm RX'd in a way that'll make me feel as good as possible, I'm all ears.

I don't care if I am a zombie the first day, so long as I can function and eat and speak to people. I get feel so horrible usually I'm already nervous.

Please help - I know you guys are really smart and experienced out there, so I am totally in your hands this time around - sick of trying to pretend I know what I am doing and failing.

I can't tell you guys how bad I just want to transition back - I'm praying that one of these alternate solutions is the way to go

1) You don't need to heat the solution. 2mg is a good starting dose, I would prefer to do 2mg two times instead of 4mg once. Others might differ. I have never tried this ROA, so I can't tell you what dose will be equivalent to sublingual.

2) Never tried snorting it, I can't say, just like #1.

3) Unless you have the resources and patience to micron filter, then I would avoid IVing Suboxone.

If you are going to do it, 2mg is too much for a single dose. The IV route does not last as long, and will get you more effects for how much you are using. Try using 0.5mg for an IV dose.

If you are going to IV it without micron filtering (I wouldn't advise that you do so) then you still do not need to heat the solution, just use a cotton to filter like you would anything else.

As far as clonazepam goes, use it when you are feeling the worst. Only use 0.5mg at a time. If you need to use it 2 to 4 times the first day, that's OK, but try to keep its use to 2 times a day or less often after the first day. I think that will get you the best "relief". If you only want to use the clonazepam for sleeping, then only take it at night.

If you need additional sleeping/anxiety relief, get some doxylamine succinate or diphenhydramine hcl from the store. It will make you feel a bit more "zombie"-ish but will make the withdrawal more bearable.

Take 2 mg, put some liquore under my tongue and put the 2mg pill, maybe crushed? under there. The prob is I build up SO much saliva its unreal - i feel like I gotta be losing SO much of the sub cuz i cant help but swallow..maybe the alcohol will help?

Then - after taking the subs, take like 2mb of KPins ? Smoke a bowl or something?

God it's the worst thing about subs that I have to get sick first. Thats the part that scares teh crap out of me and keeps me from going back .. the thought of being sick just scares the shit out of me at this point :(

Yes, the alcohol will help, it will make the pill dissolve very quickly in comparison to not using the alcohol.

After taking the Suboxone, try smoking a bowl. Save the clonazepam if you need additional relief. :)

Last edited:
16mg you took at once? never heard of more then 8mg's at a time i always thought less was more with sub did you experance any euphoria?

This is true

you want to take as LITTLE bupe as possible to get effects.

however... if you experiencing precipitate withdrawals (taking bupe too soon after taking an opiate) then it is possible to "musle" the w/d and take high amounts of bupe.. not the best solution but it does work.

TBH though in this case... 8mg probably would have been just as efficient as 16mg

its not too relatively dangerous to drink a few beers 5-10 hours after ive taken my suboxone dose is it?????(2mg) low tolerance.
thanks

^no it's really not. just don't get super wasted.

I feel you with being scared about the transition. I went through those prec. w/d last week, and it wasn't pleasant. You can't really just wait 'till your sweating to take the sub (well, you can but it's risky). If I relapse again bad enough that I risk precipitated w/d, I'm going to wait at least 17 hours. My problem is, that I over dramatize the way that I'm feeling, enough that I rationalize that it would be ok to take the suboxone. Don't do that.

1) You don't need to heat the solution. 2mg is a good starting dose, I would prefer to do 2mg two times instead of 4mg once. Others might differ. I have never tried this ROA, so I can't tell you what dose will be equivalent to sublingual.

2) Never tried snorting it, I can't say, just like #1.

3) Unless you have the resources and patience to micron filter, then I would avoid IVing Suboxone.

If you are going to do it, 2mg is too much for a single dose. The IV route does not last as long, and will get you more effects for how much you are using. Try using 0.5mg for an IV dose.

If you are going to IV it without micron filtering (I wouldn't advise that you do so) then you still do not need to heat the solution, just use a cotton to filter like you would anything else.
Sorry for the double post...but

OK this may have been asked already and if it was I am sorry - its a long thread and I'm kinda outta it ....

Where do I get all this stuff? Is there like a package I can just buy that has it all?

I usually just go to CVS (in NY) and tell em "Package of 1CC, 30Gauge, 1/2" please" and I'm out. What would I need to tell em for something like this?

Also - Can I order this type of stuff online? I was thinking of buying my rigs in bulk online but I wasn't sure if I should or not...anyone know?

Yes, you can buy it all online.

As for the alcohol I was talking about, I was talking about liquor. Put some 100 proof vodka on a q-tip and swab it around under your tongue if you do it that way.

As for the micron filtering process, Captain Heroin wrote the book on that method.... Literally:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=481622

The bioavailability of buprenorphine is probably higher via insufflation. I used to use subutex sublingually [under the tongue]. I snorted a 1/4th of a 8mg pill and I got the same effects as a 8mg under the tongue.. I actually got high from it when I usually wouldn't.

Don't go overboard on dosing.. There are times that I'll get addicted to snorting my bupe so I'll over do it.. It will help you save money if you are able to control it. Just snort your dose at the normal time and you are good.. I used to take 8mg pill under the tongue, but I tried snorting & 2mg worked fine.. so 8mg sublingually is roughly equal to 2mg.. [Not exact math, but it has the same effect for me..]

that's not true really unless your nose has the ability to absorb practically 100% of the drug. Insufflation is 50% (roughly) BA compared to sublingual which is 30%. That being said, it's still a pretty big difference really. For anyone that's gone back to sublingual, it's kind of depressing how much more you need.