• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone to hydrocodone after years?

randy821

Greenlighter
I’m going to be as thorough and honest as possible in the hopes that I can get some helpful responses so please no judgement on my usage or recovery. I was using extremely heavily for years and in the end was going between H and hydrocodone, whenever I would use hydros at that point I would take about 100mg and get decently high. I haven’t used drugs recreationally for a few years now and have been on varying doses of suboxone but for quite a long time now have been taking 4-8mg a day. I had to have surgery so a couple days before that I had to discontinue my suboxone, I lowered my dose for a few days before stopping completely and I was prescribed hydros after the procedure.

Everything I had been told and read previously said it could take up to three days to be able to feel the hydros again but I searched here and found some people said it could be weeks. After my surgery once I hadn’t taken any suboxone for about three days I took 25mg and felt nothing (not surprising to me), the next night I took 30mg before bed and felt a slight buzz, nothing amazing but I could feel it, early the next afternoon I took 35mg and felt about the same (just a slight buzz) which I expected especially since I was doing things and distracted instead of laying down focusing on the high, that night I decided to try taking an amount that I thought would for sure give me a decent high so I took 55mg and laid down but I felt next to nothing. I was a little more tired than usual maybe, slightly nauseated however even less of a buzz than before.

I’ve been off of the suboxone completely for about six days now and I’d really like experience a true high before I continue the suboxone again or decide to give it all up but I definitely don’t want to just keep taking hydros for no good reason. Would it be worth trying again, if so how much longer should I wait between and should I up the dosage again? I’m not surprised that my tolerance would be high considering it always has been and I’ve been on suboxone but for example even taking 70mg when I was heavily using 24/7 I would feel a lot more than I would now. Previously I hadn’t ever heard that it could be weeks off of suboxone before experiencing a high so I didn’t expect this and don’t know how much that is impacting the outcome however as I said I have felt a slight buzz so I know it’s not still completely blocking. Thank you!

Last edited:
Personally it never took me more than 5-6 days off suboxone but I was never on suboxone for more than few months at a time.

Last edited by a moderator: