Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Suboxone taper. How should I do it

bigbadrobin

Greenlighter
Hi. I am on 32mg suboxone daily. I don't know why they would put me on such a high dose. I've been on this dose for six months and want to start to lower the dosage down to about 8mg daily. How should I do it? I'm thinking of taking 4mg less every two weeks and just do it really slow. I don't want any withdrawls if possible. Could someone give me some sort of time line to show me how much to reduce over what time frame. Thank you

Hi. I am on 32mg suboxone daily. I don't know why they would put me on such a high dose. I've been on this dose for six months and want to start to lower the dosage down to about 8mg daily. How should I do it? I'm thinking of taking 4mg less every two weeks and just do it really slow. I don't want any withdrawls if possible. Could someone give me some sort of time line to show me how much to reduce over what time frame. Thank you

4mg every two weeks sounds good for a start. If you have any issues you can change it to 2mg every two weeks.

You should be alright. I've never been on 32mg but tapering from 12mg down to 2mg was relatively easy compared to 2mg to nothing.

My friend got put on 32mg for a heavy smack habit, was on it for 3 months and then switched to 6mg with apparently no issue. Your mileage may vary.

Some useful tools on this page - http://www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com/downloads.html

Just scroll down and grab the 8mg Films taper chart. Will take you to a website for payment but just enter $0 and it'll let you download it. Follow the instructions and plug in your details, you'll get a rough idea of what the levels of bupe in your body will be in a graph. Haven't tried this one myself but made my own spreadsheet when doing the last bit of my last taper and it helped.

I've been on this dose for six months and want to start to lower the dosage down to about 8mg daily. How should I do it? I'm thinking of taking 4mg less every two weeks and just do it really slow. I don't want any withdrawls if possible.

so are you on takeways? If your only been on the program for 6 months then you should be dosing every day. How do you plan to reduce your dose if your taking it front of nurses? If your on takeways what a lucky pig you are. What was your secret sauce for getting them so early?

Re you other question about why they put you on so much see the doctors in public clincis are bullies. The methodology says to 'stablise' the patient but they read it as conking you out so much you can barely see. That said you could ask your doctor to lower your prescription but really they'll see that as a sign that your no longer 'stable' and thus stop you from getting takeways and other flexible dosing options.

Could someone give me some sort of time line to show me how much to reduce over what time frame. Thank you

Every 2-4 weeks you reduce your dose by 2mg. One suboxone expert claims you half it every 4 weeks.