• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Suboxone question

Risenshiner2

Greenlighter
I have learned alot from this site. I am glad I am a member to ask questions. I have been fighting a pill habit for years now. I switched to the heroin. I am trying suboxone bought from a friend. Which me luck. I have one. I took a piece about 7 hours after 5 bags. Hoping I don't get p/w.

Well, did you? I think you would know it. And how much sub did you take? How much of a piece?

Give yourself 24 hours between your last dose of opioids/heroin and your first dose of buprenorphine/Suboxone. There is a lot of info on Suboxone/buprenorphine in the SL Directory and in OD.

24hrs and your should be able to avoid precipitated withdrawal. Basically wait to take the buprenorphine until you're well into withdrawal, but waiting a minimum of 24hrs is a generally a good idea (some people can safely avoid precipitated withdrawal taking it sooner, but some find they even need to wait longer - with a not long acting opioid like heroin 24hrs should be fine).

Like I said, check out the SL Directory and/or OD for more info on Suboxone.

Like TPD said, waiting 24hrs+ not only keeps precipitated wds away, but it also helps the sub work better for you. Start off taking just 1mg, wait an hour, and if you still feel like crap take another mg. 2-4mg levels most people out, so stay true to yourself and don't take more than needed. You're not trying to get high off it, just keeping the sickness at bay.

Ah good ole Suboxone. That stuff was a life saver for me. I didn't wait the full 24 hours. I'd take my last hit around 8pm and wake up around 8am and take 1mg suboxone. But I hear precipitated withdrawals is misery, luckily my body never did that. Never done H so I don't know how well it works for that. But only 1/8 of a Suboxone strip did the job and I was taking 100-120mg Oxys.