• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone not working? At all

Not only are they "inefficient" when taken orally but entirely ineffective. Fully.

Not sure what's going on here with why you're not getting any effect.

Yea, I've always read the bioavailability is ~10% or less by the oral route, so they're as good as ineffective. The only reason they're administered as a sublingual strip is because they couldn't administer it orally.

I'm not feeling mine at all either. It's possible our receptors are too burned out/overloaded? It's awful. I got relief from them the first round and this round it is literally like a sugar pill (strip). I hope you found relief/got answers.

also if you ever want feel ANY other opiate, you have to be off subs for weeks if not a month to get any effect from other opiates like oxy. your receptors will be fully saturated the more you use and that in itself will skyrocket your tolenrce and make it harder to use any other opiate besides subs because of the binding affinity of subs to your receptors
I’m on 16mg of buprenorphine and when trying oxy for the first time I got through 220mg in a couple of hours. I got high and had used bupe the day before, it just takes a shit load to do it.

Idk everyone is different.. I personally can feel 30mg oxy not even 48hrs later. Of course it's not as strong but definitely works, by the time I smash the 3rd oxy (which puts me at 90mg) within a span of say 2 hours, I am high as fuck.

I'm also not on 16mg or 24mg of subs, I've never taken more than 4mg(of the orange 8mg tablet)over the past 2-3years, actually been tapering them down I'm officially at 1mg and some days a bit less than that.

Yeah, that will be fine. You can take more........try another 4 mgs.

But that does explain a few things as to why you aren't " feeling " it. Snorting the 8 mg sub tablets from your sister for 2 months or so shot your tolerance to bupe up. So naturally 2 mgs isn't gonna do much when you are used to snorting 8mgs at a time. Two months doesn't seem like much but bupe is strong and for 60 days or so you were saturating your receptors with bupe so it's gonna take more than 2 mgs to feel it.
I didn't know you could snort suboxone pills!?
I thought they were temper-proofed

I didn't know you could snort suboxone pills!?
I thought they were temper-proofed
Of course you can.

The layer of mucus membranes under your tongue is almost exactly like the mucus membrane in your nose/sinus. Actually the one in your nose is more efficient.
Sub pills are made to dissolve in the mouth, so therefore they will work any where you have a mucus membrane.

If there were anything "snort-proof" about the pills, then they wouldn't work sublingually either.

You can even snort the strips by putting some nasal saline solution on a spoon & dropping a piece of the strip into it & then using a straw. I use to do this like 10 years ago when I was getting them off the street & had to conserve.

Intranasal buprenorphine has a higher bioavailability than under the tongue, allowing some one to use less.

I'm not advocating for this or anything, just explaining why people would do it & how it works. Ultimately if you're on a script, there's not much point, since there's no need to conserve.

There use to be an article/study on google that took ex opioid addicts who had been clean for awhile & were not dependent & they were given heroin (I think it was) and buprenorphine & then told to identify which was which & a majority of the participants identified buprenorphine as heroin. It's actually pretty potent stuff if you have no tolerance at all.

Last edited: