• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone not working? At all

FilthyTime

Greenlighter
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I'm brand new to posting here. I just picked up my script for Suboxone, the generic Mylans 8mg. I typically take 2mg but it's doing absolutely NOTHING. I literally mean nothing.

I used to take them years back and they would make me feel decent with a little energy and they would kill my withdrawals.

I take the films under my tongue for about 45 minutes and don't swallow the spit, I hold it in. Anyone have any idea what gives? Do I need a higher dose? Generics are just worthless?

What are you taking them for? Fentanyl?

If it's fent you may need more than 2 mgs. There are threads on here where people are taking between 8-12 mgs before they start to feel better. Fentanyl seems to really take more to feel better.

The Mylan brand SHOULD contain 8 mgs of buprenorphine per strip so I don't think it should be worthless. Pharmacy dispensed, right?

If they still aren't working after you up your dose maybe your Dr. will let you switch to the brand name. If he writes the script for " no generics" that would be good.

Good luck. Hope you feel better.

What are you taking them for? Fentanyl?

If it's fent you may need more than 2 mgs. There are threads on here where people are taking between 8-12 mgs before they start to feel better. Fentanyl seems to really take more to feel better.

The Mylan brand SHOULD contain 8 mgs of buprenorphine per strip so I don't think it should be worthless. Pharmacy dispensed, right?

If they still aren't working after you up your dose maybe your Dr. will let you switch to the brand name. If he writes the script for " no generics" that would be good.

Good luck. Hope you feel better.
Yeah I just picked them up at the pharmacy yesterday. And no I wasn't doing fentanyl. I was using kratom for a few years and then started doing some Suboxone tablets my sister was getting for me and I would snort those and enjoyed them for maybe 2 months.

But I just took 2mg and it did absolutely nothing. Still in withdrawals a little bit. I'll try mouthwash and 4mg next time. I took the 2mg two hours ago. Would I be ok to take another 4mg now if that 2mg didn't do jack?

Yeah, that will be fine. You can take more........try another 4 mgs.

But that does explain a few things as to why you aren't " feeling " it. Snorting the 8 mg sub tablets from your sister for 2 months or so shot your tolerance to bupe up. So naturally 2 mgs isn't gonna do much when you are used to snorting 8mgs at a time. Two months doesn't seem like much but bupe is strong and for 60 days or so you were saturating your receptors with bupe so it's gonna take more than 2 mgs to feel it.

also if you ever want feel ANY other opiate, you have to be off subs for weeks if not a month to get any effect from other opiates like oxy. your receptors will be fully saturated the more you use and that in itself will skyrocket your tolenrce and make it harder to use any other opiate besides subs because of the binding affinity of subs to your receptors

Yeah, that will be fine. You can take more........try another 4 mgs.

But that does explain a few things as to why you aren't " feeling " it. Snorting the 8 mg sub tablets from your sister for 2 months or so shot your tolerance to bupe up. So naturally 2 mgs isn't gonna do much when you are used to snorting 8mgs at a time. Two months doesn't seem like much but bupe is strong and for 60 days or so you were saturating your receptors with bupe so it's gonna take more than 2 mgs to feel it.
Oh no no. I was breaking the sub tabs into quarters and doing a quarter every 8 hours

Oh no no. I was breaking the sub tabs into quarters and doing a quarter every 8 hours
Oh okay. I get it.

Well, that means you were taking roughly 4 mgs per day while you were awake ( 2 of the quarters ) so yeah, I would just take like 1 or 2 mgs more ( extra dose ) every few hours until you reach the level you need to be at.

How many mgs a day did you get prescribed? Do you have enough to take 4 mgs every 8 hours. Half strip and then another half strip?

You really don't want to take more than he prescribed you or you are gonna run out before refill time.

Just dose slowly..........only take as much as you need to feel " normal ". I would think that in a few days you will stabilize but those few days are probably gonna be kind of yukky for ya.

Lots of people on here went from kratom to subs and it's becoming pretty common.

I was prescribed 8mg twice a day, but I always used to take 2mg at a time and it'd work great. I just took some mouthwash and 3-4mg, hoping it works.

Yeah I was hooked on Kratom pretty bad. I would end up having to dose every 3 hours or withdrawals would start creeping in and kratom gives me insane anxiety to the point of panic attacks and not being able to sleep because I can't breathe. Not to mention I think there's harmful metals in kratom, but that's another topic.

But yeah, just took 3 or 4mg with mouthwash and I'm praying it works, I'll let you know how it goes. I appreciate all the replies as I'm at a loss. I can afford the name brand but I save so much more money with generics.

also if you ever want feel ANY other opiate, you have to be off subs for weeks if not a month to get any effect from other opiates like oxy. your receptors will be fully saturated the more you use and that in itself will skyrocket your tolenrce and make it harder to use any other opiate besides subs because of the binding affinity of subs to your receptors
This is true. BUT luckily for me I can take legit 30mg roxi 24hrs after last 2mg bupe dose(sometimes 1mg) and I can feel it, then the next day I feel them much better, damn good..thank God. I guess I'm lucky.

I was prescribed 8mg twice a day, but I always used to take 2mg at a time and it'd work great. I just took some mouthwash and 3-4mg, hoping it works.

Yeah I was hooked on Kratom pretty bad. I would end up having to dose every 3 hours or withdrawals would start creeping in and kratom gives me insane anxiety to the point of panic attacks and not being able to sleep because I can't breathe. Not to mention I think there's harmful metals in kratom, but that's another topic.

But yeah, just took 3 or 4mg with mouthwash and I'm praying it works, I'll let you know how it goes. I appreciate all the replies as I'm at a loss. I can afford the name brand but I save so much more money with generics.
Keep us posted if you want to and let us know how it goes. Hoping you feel better soon.

Well just took 4mg with mouthwash. Absolutely nothing again. It's like these are placebo strips. I don't know.
That's really weird. Have no clue why you aren't feeling them.

Can you get a hold of your Sister and get the pills until you can get your Dr. to write the script for brand name? If you call and tell them the Mylans make you feel sick ( small white lie ) maybe he will write you a new one tomorrow for the brand name.

It is kind of strange that they aren't helping. Even if lets say the Mylans really only had 7 mgs instead of 8 mgs per strip they still contain buprenorphine.

That's really weird. Have no clue why you aren't feeling them.

Can you get a hold of your Sister and get the pills until you can get your Dr. to write the script for brand name? If you call and tell them the Mylans make you feel sick ( small white lie ) maybe he will write you a new one tomorrow for the brand name.

It is kind of strange that they aren't helping. Even if lets say the Mylans really only had 7 mgs instead of 8 mgs per strip they still contain buprenorphine.
I actually feel them a little now. Just a little bit. I think I took 3 or 4mg. I think I'll try 6mg tonight. My tolerance must be skyhigh. I also did think those subs my sister gave me were pressed with fent MAYBE because it seemed different than the usual subs I took years ago. But who the hell would do that with Suboxone tablets?

Now that I think about it, she gave me some bunk subutex the other day that didn't work and gave me a weird head high like tramadol does. I think those were laced maybe, idk.

Anyway, It must either be low quality strips or my tolerance is absolutely sky high. I definitely feel a little better since upping the dose. I really do appreciate your help. I love this community

I actually feel them a little now. Just a little bit. I think I took 3 or 4mg. I think I'll try 6mg tonight. My tolerance must be skyhigh. I also did think those subs my sister gave me were pressed with fent MAYBE because it seemed different than the usual subs I took years ago. But who the hell would do that with Suboxone tablets?

Now that I think about it, she gave me some bunk subutex the other day that didn't work and gave me a weird head high like tramadol does. I think those were laced maybe, idk.

Anyway, It must either be low quality strips or my tolerance is absolutely sky high. I definitely feel a little better since upping the dose. I really do appreciate your help. I love this community
My pleasure with the help. And yeah.....you could have some tolerance going on. I hate that people are getting either bunk stuff or worse yet stuff that has fent in it. IF for some reason you have been taking fent without knowing it then the subs will be having a harder time breaking through.

Either way I am glad you are feeling better and I hope you continue to do so.

My pleasure with the help. And yeah.....you could have some tolerance going on. I hate that people are getting either bunk stuff or worse yet stuff that has fent in it. IF for some reason you have been taking fent without knowing it then the subs will be having a harder time breaking through.

Either way I am glad you are feeling better and I hope you continue to do so.
Appreciate you

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I'm brand new to posting here. I just picked up my script for Suboxone, the generic Mylans 8mg. I typically take 2mg but it's doing absolutely NOTHING. I literally mean nothing.

I used to take them years back and they would make me feel decent with a little energy and they would kill my withdrawals.

I take the films under my tongue for about 45 minutes and don't swallow the spit, I hold it in. Anyone have any idea what gives? Do I need a higher dose? Generics are just worthless?
I cut them into .5 mg chunks and spread throughout mouth. The more surface area that gets covered, the more it will have an effect. Under the tongue never worked for me because I would end up with too much saliva diluting and wasting the bupe. I park them between gums and cheek, from right in front of my upper big teeth all the way back to the molars.

I cut them into .5 mg chunks and spread throughout mouth. The more surface area that gets covered, the more it will have an effect. Under the tongue never worked for me because I would end up with too much saliva diluting and wasting the bupe. I park them between gums and cheek, from right in front of my upper big teeth all the way back to the molars.
The worst part is trying to answer the phone when you have that mouthful of shwag.. "ughhhelloooughhh"

Last edited:
Are you swallowing them or taking them sublingually? (Dissolve under the tongue.) I've never ever came across subs that were just to be swallowed. So if you're not using them under your tongue, then we found your answer.

Are you swallowing them or taking them sublingually? (Dissolve under the tongue.) I've never ever came across subs that were just to be swallowed. So if you're not using them under your tongue, then we found your answer.

He did mention in his original post that he was taking the Buprenorphine (Subutex) sublingually. You made a good point though. This stuff is very inefficient when taken orally.

@FilthyTime I'd say your experience is pretty much par for the course. I was a chronic Opioid user myself. Through this addiction I've had a lot of experience with Buprenorphine. Like you, when I was first starting out, Buprenorphine was a recreational drug in its own right. I enjoyed the effects and they were long-lasting.

After being dependent on Opioids for several years, I found that no matter what I did, Buprenorphine was not going to give me that same feeling again. If Buprenorphine was working, it just meant that I was functional.

I would not look to a dosage increase for solving the problem here. 8mg Buprenorphine is a significant dose. I will not overload you on statistics, but an important point is that Buprenorphine is most effective in lower dosages. When the dose increases, more of the undesirable Opioid receptors are activated when all we really want is the Mu Receptor in this situation. I've read that it's most effective when used in dosages below 2mg. The temptation to take more is strong though and this leads a lot of people into a downward spiral. First they're sublingual, then they're snorting it, then they're injecting it, all the while not really getting any of the nice feelings that the person was after,

Case in point, Buprenorphine loses its magic for most people after they've been dependent upon other Opioids.

Interestingly, there is a documentary called "Reindeer Spotting" that is all about a town in northern Finland where there are few options in terms of drugs. You find out that the drug of choice for all of the miscreants in the town is Buprenorphine. They don't have Heroin or anything like that. This is an important kind of case study, as it shows that if no other Opioids are available, Buprenorphine can be a major drug of abuse.

He did mention in his original post that he was taking the Buprenorphine (Subutex) sublingually. You made a good point though. This stuff is very inefficient when taken orally.

@FilthyTime I'd say your experience is pretty much par for the course. I was a chronic Opioid user myself. Through this addiction I've had a lot of experience with Buprenorphine. Like you, when I was first starting out, Buprenorphine was a recreational drug in its own right. I enjoyed the effects and they were long-lasting.

After being dependent on Opioids for several years, I found that no matter what I did, Buprenorphine was not going to give me that same feeling again. If Buprenorphine was working, it just meant that I was functional.

I would not look to a dosage increase for solving the problem here. 8mg Buprenorphine is a significant dose. I will not overload you on statistics, but an important point is that Buprenorphine is most effective in lower dosages. When the dose increases, more of the undesirable Opioid receptors are activated when all we really want is the Mu Receptor in this situation. I've read that it's most effective when used in dosages below 2mg. The temptation to take more is strong though and this leads a lot of people into a downward spiral. First they're sublingual, then they're snorting it, then they're injecting it, all the while not really getting any of the nice feelings that the person was after,

Case in point, Buprenorphine loses its magic for most people after they've been dependent upon other Opioids.

Interestingly, there is a documentary called "Reindeer Spotting" that is all about a town in northern Finland where there are few options in terms of drugs. You find out that the drug of choice for all of the miscreants in the town is Buprenorphine. They don't have Heroin or anything like that. This is an important kind of case study, as it shows that if no other Opioids are available, Buprenorphine can be a major drug of abuse.
Not only are they "inefficient" when taken orally but entirely ineffective. Fully.

Not sure what's going on here with why you're not getting any effect.